NameSilo

Cable or DSL

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Which do people prefer, cable or DSL? Which is better?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have had problems with DSL too.

•••
I personally prefer Cable, but it can be unstable sometime (eg. sometimes the cable is just cut off you are disconnected from the internet! ). I am on Rogers@home in Canada.

•••
•••
YEah I prefer dsl because if you believe that it is too slow you are able to what is that called oh yeah upgrade it lol

•••
Cable is way faster, and even with Dedicated shiz DSL can't get the same speeds as my cable company (Go Comcast!!!).

Cable all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Gee, I'd have to say Cable! Sattelite is best though if you ask me :)

•••
I have RCN cable right now but I've had RR in the past *sniffs* I miss it. RCN cable requires a dumb modem (not sure if all cable requires an external processor), actually I'm not sure if it's a moden but it takes up the link to the computer for my webcam and scanner. It's a pain in the butt to unplug then plug in my scanner and then plug back in the modem. Grr. Well anyways enough ranting, I've never tried DSL so I really can't say but I would go with it since it doesn't take up my scanner link. Although cable has been acting up lately and disconnecting me for hours at a time... I cannot live with the net, you can't imagine how painful it is :(

•••
Originally posted by charstar
Gee, I'd have to say Cable! Sattelite is best though if you ask me :)

Mixed feelings with satellite, my friend has it and it's a pain when playing Online because somehow he gets an Oncoming data IP and Outgoing Data IP!!! 2 IPS!
D-:

•••
Both are good... I used both but...

Cable.. you can just load it with more...downlaods without noticing a slower performance... and for n00bs its always connected.

DSL is pretty good too.. you know anything over a simple modem ^^

•••
•••
I have Cable internet. And cable tv. Which is a digital box :)

•••
Originally posted by Dan
DSL, Its Stable :)

Cable is pretty stable too.. havent had much problems... except... and except and :P J/K

Cable/DSL both are cool =]

•••
only problems I have had. Is i do not get full speed. Like what is offered. Atm i am on 512kb/s and i get bout 400kb/s

I will check again. But any idea's how to resolve this? do u think i should complain?

•••
I am offered a speed of 1.5 Mbps, at the momment I am at 2.2, so I never faced this kind of situation.

•••
I can get 1/2mb. But is it worth it?

•••
Cable wins hands down IMO! I have tried DSL/Cable in various regions of the US, and RoadRunner is bar none the absolute best. I would love to have RR now but not available in my area, so I am stuck with DSL!! :(

•••
It would be aviable in your area if you get people around your neirbourhood who are intrested to make a pertision or something.

All cable companies do this. Cable was not avaible in my area. I got 20 people to sign up. So they put it all in.

•••
•••
I got telewest broadband - UK

•••
im on cable, working great..

Uses a swedish local service.

•••
I use DSL, and I think it's faster than Cable, and here's why.

At my dad's work they use Cable, but they are also connected to the network, so it makes it slow down, so I'd rather use DSL because when I click on something it loads at a click of a mouse.

•••
same as cable...... every internet access lags if your on a network....

•••
Originally posted by hilljd00
same as cable...... every internet access lags if your on a network....

Yeah, true, but it lags like BIG TIME. It talkes like ten minutes to load a page sometimes. :P.

•••
cable

i prefer cable as it has never given me probs compared to dsl. Go Comcast

•••
seems everyone in us uses comcast.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back