BODIS

NameSilo
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's back up now.

What can I say, it's Coldfusion. It blows.

•••
•••
Looks nice clean and simple Matt. Thanks. :)

•••
Thanks. Two other things:

1. Inquiry link will also be multi-lingual starting either tonight or tomorrow. That is already done I just have to update the code. It should support up to 80 languages. Here are a few examples:

Chinese: 此域名的查询
Arabic: استفسر عن هذا المجال
Italian: Richiedi informazioni su questo dominio

2. We now have an XML + JavaScript API with documentation where you can pull reporting, manage domains, add domains, set keywords, and so on. If anyone is interested please contact me. It is on a request basis for time being.

•••
•••
I don't see it on my domains

•••
You have to enable it from manage domains.

•••
I just tried to make the request on one of my domains but I have not received any notification email!

It would be great if I can add direct link on the parking page.

Updated: I got the email! It took a while.

Last edited:
•••
Emails sent out every 5 minutes. But when the inquiry launched today was a 2 hour delay until first email as I was still setting up the email side of things.

But emails should be sent every 5 minutes as it's a background process. Hopefully it will be fine.

•••
•••
It's working for me Matt. Give him a great big smack on the chops, from me.

•••
:D

I am taking rest of May and June for a few things regarding the Bodis site. But if any other requests please let me know so I can put in queue.

•••
I am very honest in the park,
But my account has been frozen,
it shows:
"Your user account has been frozen. Please contact our support team."
why?

•••
Please PM or post your Bodis email so I can look into it.

•••
Has anyone had any luck with the new domain inquiry system?

•••
Not yet. But it's only been a week.

•••
other rev down this month? Mines been on a steady decline since the new templates but this month is down about $10 rpm

•••
There's been quite a few inquiries through it, but not sure how successful it is as I have no statistics to compare to.

Will look into your account baxter..

•••
Glad to hear it's working.

•••
You could have tested it out yourself by sending yourself an offer to know that it's working. If you meant "working" by actually receiving offers, then I haven't received any yet. But it's still early days, imho.

•••
I did test the inquiry it seems to work very well, my only recommendation would be to add a link in the footer of the domain as in my experience most contact us links are placed there where as the current placement is normally reserved for a slogan for the site.

Thanks Matt for taking a look, I assumed its because my portfolio is a low traffic portfolio that the algorithums havne't populated for most domains. I've seen some great days and exspecially this month some mediocore.

Cheers,

Jay

•••
Jay - I have still yet to look into your account.

I have increased the inquiry link font size by 1 pixel on the newer template. I think the other font was just a hair small.

•••
The placement and such looks fine to me; I was just curious if anyone had received any inquiries, despite only being live a short time.

I've not seen it done before, but it would be pretty interesting to see an ongoing count of inquires received by month and total...not the actual domains or anyrthing, just the number:
"Number of Bodis domain inquires initiated in May 2010: 64"
Number of Bodis domain iquiries for 2010: 119"

Might turn out to be a good marketing tool. It might be that if one company did it, others might have to do the same, lol...inquiry wars.

•••
Well, I think there's some much more important information I rather add in the new upcoming Bodis.com interface then the number of inquiries. :) But people did already receive inquiries and probably made sales.

One of the things I want to add back in is the # of clicks.

But all ideas are welcome. I'm sure there can be something done to improve the inquiries. Our first step is to internationalize the link and the form.

Your suggestions are welcome.

•••
How to set keywords, optimize keywords, my income is very low, 10000ip only 20 dollars, how to provide rpm?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back