NameSilo

.info .biz vs .info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

fojames

Account Closed
Impact
WHich is the better, .biz or .info, Checking out some keywordsa, I found that the .infos are usually picked up after com net org even before biz, I taught .biz has a higher value,

so which is better?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many more names are available in the .biz extension so I assume it's pretty well known that most people go for the .info

•••
Here is a question to add to the discussion......

If .biz did a 99 cent registration fee do you think the aftermarket/regs would shoot up.. One reason I think .info is better right now is because you simply see the extension more, whether used or sitting for sale......

The HUGE downside to .info is the fact its a four letter extension..... I am a consultant and I have seen many many programs used by my clients that won't allow for a fourth letter in the extension area of the email address line... Which is a huge problem.

Also as a side note....
I think .WS had the best chance of competing with the .com but it was never advertised/marketed like it should have been... I have told a few people about the dotWS extension and everyone has said how they would prefer that to come because it makes sense.... just a side note....

•••
SMBGeek said:
Here is a question to add to the discussion......

If .biz did a 99 cent registration fee do you think the aftermarket/regs would shoot up.. One reason I think .info is better right now is because you simply see the extension more, whether used or sitting for sale......

The HUGE downside to .info is the fact its a four letter extension..... I am a consultant and I have seen many many programs used by my clients that won't allow for a fourth letter in the extension area of the email address line... Which is a huge problem.

Also as a side note....
I think .WS had the best chance of competing with the .com but it was never advertised/marketed like it should have been... I have told a few people about the dotWS extension and everyone has said how they would prefer that to come because it makes sense.... just a side note....

well then those programs must be old.......what are they going to do with .mobi to reach all the new mobile users?

•••
I have no idea... I dont forsee that to be an issue in the near future as .mobi email addresses arent extremely popular right now.... I am sure in 7 years when the extension is fairly well known that the programs will be updated... or outdated..

•••
i think info is way better, in fact i like it better than .net,

•••
info is better than biz. sometimes info is even better than org IMHO

•••
I personally have a lot of info domains and I love them:

utro.info (Russian for Morning.info) And as to me utro.info is even nicer than utro.com because UTRO is a big russian news portal. I think it's reasonable to have news portal at .info

But I also have rossia.biz (Business in Russia). How can it be bad???? I love .biz and I hate .mobi because I don't understand this hype. You don't need to have .mobi domain to make mobile site.

•••
ergo,

you hit it right on the head.... you don't need .mobi for a mobile website.....

•••
come on Italian dragon, is .biz that bad

•••
I look at this a couple ways....

As mobi domains are good for things when you are on your mobile phone. Food.mobi, Music.mobi etc

.info's are good for Information... So if you want to provide info to your customers, this is the extension to use. I like the one word .info's the best. Travel.info, Loan.info etc

.biz can be used for anything... kind of like the .com or .net. For somebody that has a smaller budget, but doesn't want to get a crappy domain, this is a good choice, but you better get the Generic for your site. If you have a live auction site.... It better be LiveAuction.biz (it's for sale btw..) :) and I just happen to own it. lol

•••
.biz always sounds cheap to me. .info is great for informative sites. Depends on the domain. .info is usually better.

•••
*hand-up for .info

but sigh...

i got a .biz.. ARG

a

•••
.biz if developed, .info resale :imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back