IT.COM

.biz .BIZ Domain Names ???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone,
I don't see so many .biz domains sold for high price. Don't People like this extension ? I think this extension is good too, its much better than .info. My question is that LLL.biz domains are worth anything or just reg fee ? And also, how much that would be for LLLL.biz ( 4 letters but has meaning such as : junk.biz, stop.biz...) ?
Thanks alot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you take a look at NameBio.com you can look up .biz domain sales. It appears there are 130 reported sales, some decent ones this year so far as well.

wap.biz - $2,000
crm.biz - $7,800
ezz.biz - $140

these are the last 3 domains listed, however 3Character.biz places value for a LLL.biz at $70 (resale).

Hope this helps.

Justin

•••
IMO the ext is not good... it is a poor substitute when the .com is already taken. I would consider any other TLD like .net .org .us before registering a .biz
Problem is that not any keyword will fit the TLD. Too many people register bad .biz keywords.
Good sales are rare but if you have a top keyword that fits they are still worth something. As a rule I think it's best to avoid this TLD.
I'm not a real .info fan but .info has fared much better than .biz so far.

•••
I agree with that SDS. The keyword should definitely fit the extension, especially in the case of .biz. .Biz has had some nice sales when the two align.

There are some decent names out there that fit the extension and that aren't available in .com/.net/.org/.info/.us, you just have to spend some time searching.

•••
Thank you for the tips, I was going to register some of .biz domain but I think I should not...:) .:) .. Its really hard for me to find a premium domain name for myself, there are seem like non of good domain name left. I see some people in here have very rare and premium domain names, I am just wondering what tools you use to find good domain names ? Do you use some sites on internet which list available domain names or use your own tools to find them ? To me, I use sites on the internet and I think thats why I own all crappy domain names.
Thanks

•••
Traffic.biz ... $8000 at Afternic

•••
I really don't see BIZ acting as a good .com replacement; it seems like more of a B2B thing -- that's what I've noticed at least.

About a year ago, I thought I had a gem with noun.biz. I had a tough time selling it for its eventual sale price of under $20.

•••
Etab said:
I really don't see BIZ acting as a good .com replacement; it seems like more of a B2B thing -- that's what I've noticed at least.

About a year ago, I thought I had a gem with noun.biz. I had a tough time selling it for its eventual sale price of under $20.

exactly, its hard to think of how many small businesses are going to start up selling nouns, however a couple of mine, namely restorer.biz and mower.biz should give a great ROI over time

•••
I have sold several .biz in the low $$$$ to end-users so please ...DON'T register any .biz names...

•••
domainspade said:
wap.biz - $2,000
crm.biz - $7,800
ezz.biz - $140
One more you can add to that list...

I sold GOLD.biz for $3,000 here at NamePros, reseller-to-reseller level.

:gl:

•••
good_looking said:
I think this extension is good too, its much better than .info.

Clearly the market disagrees.

•••
snoop said:
Clearly the market disagrees.

I don't agree.
This is a matter of opinion.

•••
faisj said:
I don't agree.
This is a matter of opinion.

Well you can argue your opinion all day, the fact is .info prices are overall far higher than .biz, so like I said, the market does not agree.

•••
I also have sold quiet a few .biz in the low mid $xxxx range, and declined an offer of very high $xxxx recently.
There is definately a market for it.

•••
Biz to bucks.

I own refi.biz. It was originally purchased for a mortgage refinance site, loandesk.com.

The .biz hadn't caught on at the time, so the site was taken down due to lack of interest and understanding that the .biz was part of a web address.

Maybe one day the .biz will catch on if it gets enough press and the big guys start using it.

•••
The only .biz that i own is Ebooker.biz which is a nice mini site for me. I dont plan to sell it and either way i dont think i would get that much.

•••
Something interesting...

Many people (even most of my own friends whom I agree with about most things) don't like .biz because they say it sounds cheap, or unprofessional, like a poor 'slang' word for "business"... and yet I've never felt that way myself. To me, it always felt natural. Certainly not unnatural.

I don't think you can write-off .biz just yet.

It still seems like an extension that's sleeping to me, waiting...

•••
-db- said:
... don't like .biz because they say it sounds cheap, or unprofessional, like a poor 'slang' word for "business"... and yet I've never felt that way myself...
It's an odd thing for people to say and seems an indication of how little involvement they have in business. One cannot escape the use of "biz" if you read or watch any financial, business, or media publication.

Incidentally, advent.biz just sold $3500 (Afternic) and abc.biz in auction at Sedo presently at $3100.

•••
I think .biz may start picking up some steam this year.

•••
What about substituting the Belize ext .bz if you can't get the dot biz?
This seems like a small leap of the imagination imho.

•••
Carlton said:
It's an odd thing for people to say and seems an indication of how little involvement they have in business. One cannot escape the use of "biz" if you read or watch any financial, business, or media publication.
Not odd at all when you consider that not long ago pretty much every developed .biz site was a multi-level or network marketer or spam site. For that reason I managed to avoid registering any .biz names for years.

Got a few now e.g. KitchenDesign.biz and I'm waiting patiently for .biz to take it's proper place in the scheme of things.

•••
cera said:
Got a few now e.g. KitchenDesign.biz and I'm waiting patiently for .biz to take it's proper place in the scheme of things.
I've only got one dot biz: ecstatic.
Don't know where it's proper place would be. The red light district or some massage/reflexology table? :)

•••
I do like .biz names more than .info names.

Only time will tell..

Good Luck!

Bill

•••
Halobitt said:
What about substituting the Belize ext .bz if you can't get the dot biz?
This seems like a small leap of the imagination imho.
The problem with .bz is that the word "biz" is already well entrenched in society as the abbreviation for business. BIZ = business is part of the American/English vernacular.

cera said:
Not odd at all when you consider that not long ago pretty much every developed .biz site was a multi-level or network marketer or spam site.
No offense Cera, but that urban legend has been way exaggerated. I run across many legit businesses with functional websites in real estate, lending, retail, travel. Not hype, it's indisputable.

Now to your point about poor content sites ... they exist fairly evenly in all available extensions.

•••
Carlton said:
No offense Cera, but that urban legend has been way exaggerated. I run across many legit businesses with functional websites in real estate, lending, retail, travel. Not hype, it's indisputable.

Ha - none taken.
It's true that today there are a plenty of legit businesses with .biz sites but the early adopters of the .biz extension were in large part not.

A google " site:*.biz " search today brings up lots of quality sites but only 2 years ago you would have been hard pressed to find anything legit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back