Dynadot

.biz Is .biz dead?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just noticed that someone dropped a thousand LLL.biz domains this week. No one's been buying them, so does that mean that .biz is dead?

Most of them were crap, but some decent ones are still free (iiu.biz and lvl.biz would be worth about $20k in .com)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
These type of domains are easy to forget because generally .com and country extensions are used nowadays,also look it is the cheap one better to avoid

•••
.biz domain Small investment value

•••
•••
I believe .biz is similar to ngtlds, same as .info.
Searchterms you wont be able to sell. Somebody asked earlier about countries names under .biz, I still believe that they have value and the value is almost unchanged in the last few years.
lets take Canada.biz, great name for a Candian Business Directory.
Which one is better CanadianBizDir.com CanadianBusinessDirectory.com, CanadaBusiness.com?
What would you recommend to your Startup client? For me, the short name wins.
Canada.biz, and most probably eaven the chapest. How much would it sell for? 10-15k USD (not Canada Dollars. ;))
.biz has a meaning - TLD, what almost everbody in all languages understand like .info
Of course we can not compare it with Canada.com but that is not the purpose of .biz, it is simply an alternative for businesses.
I still have 259 and I am dropping many, those which do not match the business Category, because those I wont be able to sell. Some are developed, and they rank like a .com or .de. there is no disadvantage in Ranking.
I have two 1-letter .biz names: i.biz and x.biz, i.biz is perfect for any type of internet business. x.biz is cool for a currency exchange/Bitcoin or what ever....
.biz is not dead. .biz is just not that liquid like a .com, but more liquid as a ngtld because the TLD is established and users know the TLD.

•••
Even I have received couple of xxxx offers for my 15 years old liquor.biz
Will wait for few more years.
More the age of liquor, more will be the price:xf.cool:

•••
Even I have received couple of xxxx offers for my 15 years old liquor.biz
Will wait for few more years.
More the age of liquor, more will be the price:xf.cool:
haha, cool domain. this is the the type of names I was talking about. they have not lost in value in the last years. Well if somebody paid a to high price, then of course ...
Liquor Online biz is a kind of difficult in the US if I remember correctly.

•••
•••
It is not dead outside the USA... but average conversion ratio is LOW... ~1:100 (1 inquiry per 100 domains)...
And usually sells in 3-figure range...

•••
I believe the .biz keyword names are a kind of underestimated.

•••
The most active domain buyers in the Western world are Americans and Germans...
But both are ignoring .biz
That's why conversion ratio is low and prices as well...
And I don't see any changes for years...

•••
Searchterms you wont be able to sell. Somebody asked earlier about countries names under .biz, I still believe that they have value and the value is almost unchanged in the last few years.
Which one is better CanadianBizDir.com CanadianBusinessDirectory.com, CanadaBusiness.com?
Canada.biz, and most probably eaven the chapest. How much would it sell for? 10-15k USD (not Canada Dollars. ;))
.biz has a meaning - TLD, what almost everbody in all languages understand like .info
Of course we can not compare it with Canada.com but that is not the purpose of .biz, it is simply an alternative for businesses.
I still have 259 and I am dropping many, those which do not match the business Category, because those I wont be able to sell. Some are developed, and they rank like a .com or .de. there is no disadvantage in Ranking.
I have two 1-letter .biz names: i.biz and x.biz, i.biz is perfect for any type of internet business. x.biz is cool for a currency exchange/Bitcoin or what ever....
.biz is not dead. .biz is just not that liquid like a .com, but more liquid as a ngtld because the TLD is established and users know the TLD.
You acquired i.biz and x.biz or hand regd?

•••
•••
I just acquired natural. /Biz, smile. /Biz

Last edited:
•••
•••
agree 100 % :xf.smile:

•••
Back