Dynadot

.biz Is .biz dead?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just noticed that someone dropped a thousand LLL.biz domains this week. No one's been buying them, so does that mean that .biz is dead?

Most of them were crap, but some decent ones are still free (iiu.biz and lvl.biz would be worth about $20k in .com)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yup, it's dead. But it almost looks good compared to the new strings we're having now :)

Reseller value of an LLL.biz is around mid-$$ so if you've held any for years, then your investment has not appreciated. Reported sales are rare too.

•••
You could have made more money buying and holding Facebook stock.

•••
•••
I should never register a .BIZ domain. Only .COM and .NET domains and maybe .ORG depends on what kind of site it will be in the future.

•••
I've got quite a few .biz domains, but only ever if they make logical sense. CustomPens.biz would be fine, and Space.biz would be great, but Asteroids.biz wouldn't have many potential buyers even though [asteroids] is a well-searched term.

I recently sold Argyle.biz. Lots of businesses have this name and com/net/org are all taken... so in this circumstance it was easy to sell.

Previously I have sold Phoebe.biz and Gracie.biz - Feeds.biz and Fave.biz - and NetBook.biz

•••
Thanks, i took lvl.biz
I think this domain is perfect for business consulting company
lvl=level, biz=business
LVL.biz - "Take Your Business To The Next Level"

I just noticed that someone dropped a thousand LLL.biz domains this week. No one's been buying them, so does that mean that .biz is dead?

Most of them were crap, but some decent ones are still free (iiu.biz and lvl.biz would be worth about $20k in .com)

•••
The fact that it was still available speaks volume about the appeal of the extension. Even domainers wouldn't touch it. Hey it's fairly good nonetheless.

•••
•••
•••
RU,
The question was "is .biz dead", I responded with my thought to that question only. Why in the world would you bring my business name into the equation? Very rude comment IMO

•••
Domainator.com V.S. Domain.biz? Which is better?
domain.biz better then domainator.com IMO

Following the same logic - IamThinkingOfARandomDomainNameToPutHere.com or abc.biz ? Which is better?
The .biz one? Then this must surely mean that .biz is better than .com ! Sound the alarms, Domainers, and start buying
all those .biz domains because they are OBVIOUSLY better :D

•••
I just outlayed $1K on a LLL.biz - I understand it is a gamble!

LLL - one of the most common English words.

•••
.biz is going to get lumped into the new gtld toss salad. It will lose it's current stigma over time.

•••
From a domainer stand-point yes it "might be" dead but from a developer stand-point it's definitely "alive".

.biz is just as good as what a developer could do with it. And to be honest there're many online businesses still making serious money using .biz extension.

•••
It is still ticking over but in terms of development and usage, it is not as good as cctld/com/net/org/biz/info. Where there is a strong ccTLD in a country, domain owners will tend to develop the ccTLD domain or the com domain. Consequently development in .BIZ is around 11 to 17% of registered .BIZ domains.

Regards...jmcc

•••
My best performing websites are all .biz.... But I will never buy a .biz for resale purpose.

•••
Great thread guys.
What about Names of Countries . Biz.
Do you think they have a good value?

•••
Thanks, i took lvl.biz
I think this domain is perfect for business consulting company
lvl=level, biz=business
LVL.biz - "Take Your Business To The Next Level"

Did you ever have any success moving this one?

•••
•••
•••
I sold a .biz name for a low $X,XXX last year that I bought for $500 (won't say the name). I do have sites on 3-4 .biz names which make some money as well (mostly on one name as the other sites need to be redone) . I currently own 23 biz names & keep renewing them though I've only sold a few .biz names over the years. I regret that I wasn't registering the strong generics initially when they first launched (same thing I can say for .info).

•••
•••
I do not see any disadvantage in SEO with .biz names. I have i.biz and x.biz and ok.biz, no reason to lower the price.

•••
One word product names / popular one word dictionary names, L, LL, N, NN are good. Others better to avoid.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back