IT.COM

.biz A possible pickup for .biz

NameSilo
Watch

JamesDavid

www.JamesDavid.comEstablished Member
Impact
I am thinking about creating a directory specifically devoted to .biz domains. it would allow any developed .biz to be added to the directory for free. The only rules would be it could not be a parked page or an adult site.

My hope would be that it would be a selling point for web designers, domainers, etc. A place where businesses could see that there are a good amount of developed .biz domains. I know from personal web design experience I have developed almost 10 for businesses. and when we go over domain names over half the time these businesses woudl rather have .biz over .us, or .info......

So my questions are these;
A: does such a site already exist?
B: if not, could this idea possibly help the extension?
C: would "extension.biz" be a good domain to use?
D: Would you list your developed .biz ont he site?
E: is anyone out there willing to help with keeping the site updated and filtered?

Thanks Alot

My main goal of this would be to help the .biz industry pickup. I think it is an extension with alot of potential and would like to see it reach its potential...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
snoop said:
It doesn't really benefit the greater good, it benefits the .biz registry, you are spending time/money on the marketing they should be doing.

If SMBGeek is successful, it benefits the greater good of all those who have developed their .biz domains and have them listed in a .biz directory, and all those domainers who hold .biz domains with greater awareness and acceptance of the tld with enhanced prices. He will benefit the greater good of all developed .biz domains with a backlink from a high PR site. What's with all this negative thinking?

•••
I have been working on the site a little more. There is alot that needs to be done.

Still open to all suggestions/comments

Last edited:
•••
I think you are way to early to be contacting the .biz registrar, if ever you should.

•••
I put a little more time intot he site and am goign to devote time this month to finalizing it. A quick question for everyone.... should the link back to extension.biz be a logo or a text link? Like so you list your domain on extension.biz should i require a logo link, text link, or no link back. the reason I thought a link woudl be good is it woudl help spread the BIZ extension, build PR etc...

•••
I say offer both options, but text requirement.

•••
I think a text link is fine. For those who would prefer a graphic link, you could offer that also. However, as nicedomains pointed out, the linking text should be specified by you.

•••
•••
Area.biz
Doorway.biz

Goodluck!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back