NameSilo

.biz .biz and personal sites...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I hope to have new personal site but the domain which Im looking for already has gone. I've 2 choices .biz and .me but .me is ccTLD so I don't want to grab it. Im thinking to have .biz domain, but I've got doubt about personal sites, are they allowing?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
they allow that but i think id rather go with me its more appropriate even though its a cctld..

•••
In theory .biz is not for personal sites, .name is the opposite.
But the rules have never been enforced.
Perhaps you can find an alternative, for example your own ccTLD...

•••
In theory .biz is not for personal sites, .name is the opposite.
But the rules have never been enforced.
Perhaps you can find an alternative, for example your own ccTLD...

.name is too long coz the domain I hope to register is just 5 letters.
Our country doesn't allow to register personal names as domains, they only allow for celebrities... :(

•••
.biz is as much for business as .org is for organisations, that was the intended target group but you can set up any site you like there and they will not tell you anything.

Maybe you can look into .info as well it is a good TLD.

•••
IMHO is depends on the content of the site as well. For example, if it is a personal blog with business related articles a .biz could work. As mentioned .info is also a good option for a personal site just as .org fits well.

•••
.biz is as much for business as .org is for organisations, that was the intended target group but you can set up any site you like there and they will not tell you anything.

Maybe you can look into .info as well it is a good TLD.

WRONG.
As far as i know there isn't any restriction for .org.

I wonder that so many people (domainers?) dont know that:

NeuStar Registry Services FAQs | NeuStar Registry Services

(10)

Are there restrictions on who can register .BIZ domain names?

Yes. The .BIZ domain can only be used for a "bona fide business or commercial use". A bona fide business use is one of the following:

1. To exchange goods, services, or property of any kind;
2. In the ordinary course of trade or business; or
3. To facilitate (i) the exchange of goods, services, information, or property of any kind; or, (ii) the ordinary course of trade or business.

Registering a domain name solely for the purposes of (1) selling, trading or leasing the domain name for compensation, or (2) the unsolicited offering to sell, trade or lease the domain name for compensation does not constitute a "bona fide business or commercial use" of that domain name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back