Dynadot

.biz Is There Something Wrong With .biz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been domaining lately and it seems with many of the domains I've looked up, all major extensions, including .info, .org, .net, .com, and .us are all taken except for .biz!

Why would someone not want to register a .biz but register a .us and .info? Is there something about .biz that lessens its value compared to .us and .info?

If I find a domain with all major extensions but the .biz taken, should I grab it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good Question!!!!!

If it applies to the extention, yes!!! But be sure it fits... fewer names fit the biz ext, thats the reason they are still available. Biz is strong where it fits, but just silly where it doesnt.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
Technically speaking there is nothing wrong with a .BIZ domain name; however, there are psychological disadvantages to these domains. Because it was one the original core TLDs, .COM is the most recognized and sought after TLD. Also when .BIZ became available, spammers swooped in and bought up these domains making heavy use of them as disposable domains. As a result of these factors, .BIZ is associated with new websites that couldn't get the .COM and is oftentimes associated with scams. Fair or not, this is the way it is. Maybe in a few years things will change.

•••
The major 'issue' with .biz domains is that they require specific business keywords. The .biz extension pretty much limits you solely to business while the other domains are a little more open ended.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back