Dynadot

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lots of dubai related domains.
Anyone sold/selling to end-users? For how much?

•••
•••
copper said:
Lots of dubai related domains.
Anyone sold/selling to end-users? For how much?

Seeming as a lot of us here have registered land project names, and the land is in development (early for many), it may take many years to unload to end users, but I'm optimistic about the names as these places will be one of the top travel destinations and these places will not go away.

•••
So...
There aren't many sold names.
I just found few.

dubaiproperty.com $20,000
dubaisuites.com $1,588
dubaiwood.com $1,500
dubaivirtualoffice.com $1,000
dubaimonthly.com $650
dubaiislandproperty.com $232

•••
I thought I'd add some Ajman names:

AjmanAttractions.com
AjmanBeaches.com
AjmanBourse.com
AjmanCheapFlights.com
AjmanCheapHotels.com
AjmanCondo.com
AjmanConstruction.com
AjmanCruises.com
AjmanDining.com
AjmanDiscounts.com
AjmanFinancial.com
AjmanGold.com
AjmanHouses.com
AjmanJewellery.com
AjmanJewelry.com
AjmanLimousine.com
AjmanLimousines.com
AjmanReservations.com
AjmanSouk.com
AjmanSouks.com
AjmanSouq.com
AjmanSouqs.com
AjmanStocks.com
AjmanTimeshare.com
AjmanTimeshares.com
AjmanTourist.com
AjmanTravelGuide.com
AjmanVisitor.com
AjmanVisitorsGuide.com
CheapAjmanFlights.com
CheapAjmanHotels.com

•••
•••
Maybe it's already posted here, but I just came across this one:
http://www.alsalamcity.net/html/about_alsalam_city.htm

More information about this $8.3 billion project I found by coincidence through Google on $$domainer's blog:
http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com/2007/12/al-salam-city-umm-al-quwain.html

The official name seems a bit long, not sure if people will call it "al salam city", "al salam", "salam city" or just "salam". Does anyone who is into Middle East names have an idea what name most people will use?

•••
johntv said:
Maybe it's already posted here, but I just came across this one:
http://www.alsalamcity.net/html/about_alsalam_city.htm

More information about this $8.3 billion project I found by coincidence through Google on $$domainer's blog:
http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com/2007/12/al-salam-city-umm-al-quwain.html

The official name seems a bit long, not sure if people will call it "al salam city", "al salam", "salam city" or just "salam". Does anyone who is into Middle East names have an idea what name most people will use?

Yes, Al Salam City is a fabulous Mega Project being developed in the Emirate of Umm Al Quwain. It will be even bigger than Reem Island with an expected population of 500,000!! For domaining purposes ALWAYS use Al Salam City. DO NOT use Salam City.

•••
$$Domainer said:
Yes, Al Salam City is a fabulous Mega Project being developed in the Emirate of Umm Al Quwain. It will be even bigger than Reem Island with an expected population of 500,000!! For domaining purposes ALWAYS use Al Salam City. DO NOT use Salam City.
Thanks for this info!!

Do you think people will leave out the "City" sometimes, and just use "Al Salam" when talking about this project?

•••
Saraya Islands, Ras Al Khaimah

I just did a new post on the gigantic Island Mega Project being built in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), Saraya Islands. RAK, like Ajman, is a rapidly developing Emirate that you should take very seriously. You can read the Saraya Islands post here:

http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

--------------------------------------------------

Seperately from the above, I think Al Salam City will ALWAYS be referred to as Al Salam CITY, not Al Salam. This is beacause there is already an Al Salam Bank, Al Salam Aircraft Company, etc.

•••
johntv said:

Hard to say, there are areas like "Al Karama" and "Al Barsha" in Dubai that in conversation are just called "Karama" and "Barsha", but all the signs on the highway exits still show "Al Whatever".

How that translates to the internet and domain names I have no idea.

I would personally go for "salam city" if I was to pick a single way.

•••
Thanks $$Domainer and Smith for the advice, I regged a couple of "Al salam city" names as well as "Al salam" and "Salam city" names.

I was almost regreting the "Al Salam" and "Salam city" ones and was thinking of requesting a refund, but now I just keep them, just in case people like to use and say "Salam city" as Smith mentioned and as a defence reg on the official name.

Last edited:
•••
check out the project of "Falcon City of Wonders."

http://www.falconcity.com/home.asp

Falconcity of Wonders (Falconcity) is a 4.4 million square feet (405,000 square meters) development being built within Dubailand.The USD1.5 billion (AED5.5 billion) project will be a multi-faceted residential, tourist, entertainment and recreational destination that will contain residential apartments, villas, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants, health clubs and spas, schools and parks.

As a tourist attraction, Falconcity is designed to capture the spirit of ancient civilizations and contain architectural marvels of the world. The development design is in the shape of a falcon and contains life-size replicas of seven wonders of the world - the Great Pyramid in Giza, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Lighthouse at Alexandria, Taj Mahal, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Eiffel Tower, and the Town of Venice.

The Great Pyramid in Giza will contain residential flats, offices and retail outlets whereas the Babylonian Gardens will comprise luxury apartments, restaurants, and coffee shops with the garden overlooking the falcon commercial sector. The Light House of Alexandria will consist of hotels and retail outlets and the Taj Mahal will comprise hotels and restaurants. Luxury apartments and retail outlets will be the main features of the Eiffel Tower, while the Town of Venice is developed with a waterfront, open-air cafes, gondolas and pedestrian shopping; Dubai Tower of Pisa is another wonder monument that will add to the beauty of the Falcon City.

The residential villas (The Villas) will constitute the wings of the falcon and will come as detached, semi-detached, and townhouse villas where each owner will have the option to choose his/her design from four themes.

DubaiTowerofPisa.com
DubaiGreatWallofChina.com

are available for reg.

Good Luck

•••
added:

DubaiGreatWall.com
DubaiTowerOfPisa.com

Thank you for the info!
Rep added.

•••
ipodxpert said:
check out the project of "Falcon City of Wonders."

http://www.falconcity.com/home.asp

Falconcity of Wonders (Falconcity) is a 4.4 million square feet (405,000 square meters) development being built within Dubailand.The USD1.5 billion (AED5.5 billion) project will be a multi-faceted residential, tourist, entertainment and recreational destination that will contain residential apartments, villas, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants, health clubs and spas, schools and parks.

As a tourist attraction, Falconcity is designed to capture the spirit of ancient civilizations and contain architectural marvels of the world. The development design is in the shape of a falcon and contains life-size replicas of seven wonders of the world - the Great Pyramid in Giza, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Lighthouse at Alexandria, Taj Mahal, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Eiffel Tower, and the Town of Venice.

The Great Pyramid in Giza will contain residential flats, offices and retail outlets whereas the Babylonian Gardens will comprise luxury apartments, restaurants, and coffee shops with the garden overlooking the falcon commercial sector. The Light House of Alexandria will consist of hotels and retail outlets and the Taj Mahal will comprise hotels and restaurants. Luxury apartments and retail outlets will be the main features of the Eiffel Tower, while the Town of Venice is developed with a waterfront, open-air cafes, gondolas and pedestrian shopping; Dubai Tower of Pisa is another wonder monument that will add to the beauty of the Falcon City.

The residential villas (The Villas) will constitute the wings of the falcon and will come as detached, semi-detached, and townhouse villas where each owner will have the option to choose his/her design from four themes.

DubaiTowerofPisa.com
DubaiGreatWallofChina.com

are available for reg.

Good Luck

Yeah, this is a great Mega Project. What is really incredible is that it is ONLY ONE OF MORE THAN 45 MEGA PROJECTS being built in Dubailand!! As I said in my post on Dubailand in my blog: Dubailand is more than a Mega Project, it is a Mega MEGA Project! At a cost of more than $106Billion it has become the second biggest Mega Project being built in the world and the biggest entertainment development ever built in world history!!

BTW, the biggest Mega Project is King Abdullah Economic City of Saudi Arabia. About $120Billion is going into that one. I already did a post on it in this thread and in my blog.

•••
How about new ccTLD .rm?
I dont think .rm is active ccTLD till today, correct me if I am wrong.

•••
I just registered DubailandBooking.com and DubailandBookings.com

With all those MEGA PROJECTS happening I thought booking would be an appropriate keyword related to Dubailand..

What do you guys think.

•••
Sully, thanks for the rep. I'm glad you liked it and reg. dubaitowerofpisa.com and dubaigreatwall.com. Goodluck with the names.

Thanks $$Domainer for the further information on other Mega Projects.

•••
pokainc said:
I just registered DubailandBooking.com and DubailandBookings.com

With all those MEGA PROJECTS happening I thought booking would be an appropriate keyword related to Dubailand..

What do you guys think.

Both names are great....BUT....Dubailand is a TM of Tatweer, which is owned by Dubai Holding. With all the money they are putting into Dubailand I can't believe they will allow TM issues to get by. Here is the link to the Dubailand website. Notice the TM by the name:

http://www.dubailand.ae/

ipodxpert said:
Sully, thanks for the rep. I'm glad you liked it and reg. dubaitowerofpisa.com and dubaigreatwall.com. Goodluck with the names.

Thanks $$Domainer for the further information on other Mega Projects.

You are welcome and I am glad you like the info.

•••
so what about dubai marina, business bay, palm dubai are those ones considered as trademarks too?

(I guess someone liked DubailandBooking keywords, because someone today registered Dubailand-Booking.com, Dubailand-Bookings.com. What are the coincidence that the person is not from this thread ahahaha)

Last edited:
•••
My recent registrations -

AquaDuniya.com -

One of the cities in DubaiLand.Other cities are Dubai Motor city,Dubai Sport City,City of Arabia,Al Barari.

AlBudayyi.com - (Mega project of Marina West(Bahrain) is located in this city.)

•••
ipodxpert said:
My recent registrations -

AquaDuniya.com -

One of the cities in DubaiLand.Other cities are Dubai Motor city,Dubai Sport City,City of Arabia,Al Barari.

AlBudayyi.com - (Mega project of Marina West(Bahrain) is located in this city.)

I like AlBudayyi.com A LOT! With Marina West going up there the area will become an important location for Bahrain. GREAT CATCH!!

•••
Thanks $$Domainer. Timing is all that matter. Moment there is news on any new project coming up in UAE, the .com name would be gone quickly.

Luckily i was able to register this name when people were busy registering MarinaWest names. I have also reg. alternative versions of AlBudayyi as defensive reg.

e.g. Al-Budayyi.com,AlBudayi.com and other ver.

•••
Also have MarinaWest.info.

•••
which of these would you say are the best 5 investments

DubaiDiscover.com
DubaiAttract.com
ReemIslandHolidays.com
ReemIslandFood.com
ReemIslandAccommodation.com
ReemIslandBookings.com
ReemFood.com
ReemAccommodation.com
ReemBookings.com
ReemNightLife.com
BahrainQatarCauseway.com
BahrainQatar.com
GulfPlayer.com (looks and sounds liek GolfPlayer)
GulfDollars.com
BWTCProperties.com
BWTCProperty.com
MegaProjects.info
MarinaWestProperty.com
AjmanWaterfront.com
AjmanBookings.com
AjmanCarRentals.com
AjmanNightlife.com
AjmanHoliday.com
AjmanHolidays.com
AjmanAccommodation.com
AjmanRestaurants.com
AjmanFlights.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back