NameSilo

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hope the area continues to BOOM, especially in terms of careers as I have

DubaiSalary.com

I think it's a good one ( :imho: )

•••
pokainc said:
So nicedomains,

I had in the past done that too the forwarding thing, but wanted to know is there a way to also know the individual traffic of each domain too. For example if I forward to Dubaidomainnames.com, The traffic obviously increases, but could I also know which were the domains creating most of the traffic? Was using google analytics

I'm not sure exactly how to find individual traffic of each domain. Actually, I'm guessing it is minimal in my case. The majority of the traffic to my sites come from search engines that have indexed my pages. For instance: On yahoo, my blog keeps bouncing on and off the first page for results on "Abu Dhabi news" searches. I'm getting lots of traffic from google.ae, google.co.uk, google.com.au, google.de, etc...

gazzip said:
I like your AbuDhabiBlog and read it quiet often :tu:

Very True, its still early days - Developing will likely achieve far better results than PPC at the moment, but I do see signs already that PPC is on the increase. However...the most one of mine has made in a month was €13.00 ($20) so its not going to make me rich any time soon :hehe:

Thanks Gazzip! It's true, early days guys make a plan on how you are going to fit in to this niche.

martinisky said:
Hey guys, i'm new here and just got my feet wet by buying my first domains as a member. Here's what i got:

reemlife(.)com
alreemlife(.)com
dreamreem(.)com
al-reemisland(.)com

do you think the last one (al-reemisland(.)com) violates any TM issues or is risky regarding copyright, etc? Did i make a mistake? i didn't even think about it until after i purchased it. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I don't see any tm issues, as it is an island not a company. You have quality domains but they won't be worth anything as of now since the island is only partially developed. I would try to do some research on Reem Island and then choose your favorite domain to develop it as Reem Island is getting built up. Good Luck.

gilescoley said:
Relating to $$Domainer's post about BWTC...

Anyone got an comments on this one I regged the other night

BWTCProperty.com

Umm, this one may have TM problems?

Sully said:
I hope the area continues to BOOM, especially in terms of careers as I have

DubaiSalary.com

I think it's a good one ( :imho: )

Pretty good domain IMO..

•••
Just got Dubai/Jewel dot com, 6yrs old. What do you think about it? There is dubaijeweltower.com, Maybe tm problem?

•••
went for it and added abudhabilove . com just hoping someday there will be some lonely people out there looking for romance.... :)

•••
thanks all, I have checked BWTC (BWTCProperty.com) and there is no TM issue with that one...thankfully

•••
martinisky said:
went for it and added abudhabilove . com just hoping someday there will be some lonely people out there looking for romance.... :)

I like it! Good job :)

•••
Dating sites are blocked in The UAE, along with a host of other, gambling, adult, some political stuff etc.

•••
Smith said:
Dating sites are blocked in The UAE, along with a host of other, gambling, adult, some political stuff etc.

Well, looks like i muffed that one up then. Dang!

•••
it can be a marriage site, just not dating.

•••
Stats On This Thread

Since NamePros began in 1999 there have been 44,849 threads in this Domain Name Discussion section of NamePros:

As of now this thread has had 15,187 views, making it the 10th most popular thread by number of views in NamePros history!

This thread has had 683 replies, making it the 6th most popular thread by number of replies in NamePros history!

Good Job All,

$$Domainer
http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

•••
$$Domainer said:
Since NamePros began in 1999 there have been 44,849 threads in this Domain Name Discussion section of NamePros:

As of now this thread has had 15,187 views, making it the 10th most popular thread by number of views in NamePros history!

This thread has had 683 replies, making it the 6th most popular thread by number of replies in NamePros history!

Good Job All,

$$Domainer
http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

Thank you $$Domainer for starting this thread and kicking off what could potentially be some amazing investments for us all! HEAR HEAR!

I also just purchased UAEbars . com as well. generic yes, will it work? who knows? Is it worth the risk? Hope so!

•••
martinisky said:
Thank you $$Domainer for starting this thread and kicking off what could potentially be some amazing investments for us all! HEAR HEAR!

I also just purchased UAEbars . com as well. generic yes, will it work? who knows? Is it worth the risk? Hope so!

You are welcome! MARK MY WORDS: Domains for the UAE/Gulf Region of the Middle East will turn out to be some of the best domain investments in domaining history! And the popularity of this thread shows just how interested domainers are in this fabulous SUPER GROWTH part of the world!

•••
$$Domainer said:
You are welcome! MARK MY WORDS: Domains for the UAE/Gulf Region of the Middle East will turn out to be some of the best domain investments in domaining history! And the popularity of this thread shows just how interested domainers are in this fabulous SUPER GROWTH part of the world!

Any ideas regarding the best ways to sell to end users in the Middle East? Are people there searching for names on sites like Sedo, etc., or do they have brokers looking for them? I'm sure it's difficult to find and directly approach buyers there...not exactly like getting names of companies and contacts to solicit in the U.S. Do you know of any UAE websites for listing domain names that is seen by buyers there?

•••
www.BWTCProperty.com - Some pics on this project

Im no developer so dont laugh, but just for interest really

Will put some more pics as I find them

•••
$$Domainer said:
MARK MY WORDS: Domains for the UAE/Gulf Region of the Middle East will turn out to be some of the best domain investments in domaining history! And the popularity of this thread shows just how interested domainers are in this fabulous SUPER GROWTH part of the world!
Fully agree with you, I just bought doharealestate. com for $1,250, I know it's a lot of $$, but worth it in my opinion.

It seems that Middle East is years ahead of construction and new projects, although years behind in internet, for sure they will catch up fast with rising Middle East related domain name prices as a result.

•••
johntv said:
Fully agree with you, I just bought doharealestate. com for $1,250, I know it's a lot of $$, but worth it in my opinion.

It seems that Middle East is years ahead of construction and new projects, although years behind in internet, for sure they will catch up fast with rising Middle East related domain name prices as a result.

Thats the best buy I've seen in this thread.

---

On another topic . . .

There is a lot of hype in the Middle East, tons of smoke being blown out of many places, don't forget this.

What is of interest to companies out here is one thing $. Things are done under the table here, kickbacks are the way of the world, and people won't think twice about stabbing the next guy in the back, it's very cut throat.

While there are good names in this thread, the majority are not worth too much. Developed out there is always potential, but on their own I think there will be an uphill struggle selling these names, this isn't to say that there won't be successful sales here and there, but don't just drink the kool aid without question.

•••
johntv said:

I think you got a FANTASTIC deal on DohaRealEstate.com!! Qatar is growing like crazy with no end in site! GOOD JOB!!

Just got this article I think all of you will like. Bahrain is now the world's fastest growing region for finance! Even faster growing than Dubai!

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/newsdetails.asp?Sn=ECO&artid=140380

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Smith and $$domainer!

Nice Bahrain article, there is indeed much more going on in the Middle East besides Dubai.

Next week I'm going to Dubai again and look already forward to it, I've also signed up for Cityscape Abu Dhabi at 13 till 15 May.

•••
johntv said:
Thanks Smith and $$domainer!

Nice Bahrain article, there is indeed much more going on in the Middle East besides Dubai.

Next week I'm going to Dubai again and look already forward to it, I've also signed up for Cityscape Abu Dhabi at 13 till 15 May.

Cityscape Abu Dhabi will be a fabulous event. You will have a great time!

•••
Another place you may like to look at is Masdar City - it is being built in the desert (construction already started) and is designed to be totally non-polluting, all the cars will be electric and solar energy will provide all the power

•••
advaita said:
Another place you may like to look at is Masdar City - it is being built in the desert (construction already started) and is designed to be totally non-polluting, all the cars will be electric and solar energy will provide all the power

Yes, here is a little more on Masdar City and Abu Dhabi's Masdar Initiative: http://abudhabiblog.com/blog/index.php?blog=2&s=masdar&submit=Go

Did you guys hear that NYSE Euronext and Abu Dhabi Securities Market (ASDM) signed an agreement to implement ASDM on Euronext platform, and work together on joint ventures in the future..? Check top story on Abu Dhabi Blog..

Sorry to pump my site, just lots of interesting news today! :yell:

•••
MegaProjects.info

I'm planning to develop a site on all the megaprojects in the middle east (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia & UAE)

What do you think of this potential name for the site, does the .info hurt it a lot or is it ok seeing that it will be an informational site

•••
gilescoley said:
MegaProjects.info

I'm planning to develop a site on all the megaprojects in the middle east (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia & UAE)

What do you think of this potential name for the site, does the .info hurt it a lot or is it ok seeing that it will be an informational site

I think it is a great domain to develop.. personally, I love info ext for any development purposes especially geo sites.. good luck!

•••
thanks nicedomains, it may take a while, I have never done any developing, just starting out on frontpage so it will be a work in progress for while

I do like the name though

•••
Got another two for my portfolio:
UAEevents.com and Abudhabi-Realestate.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back