IT.COM

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recently, I got QatarHouses.com, Qatarpets.com (supposedly has some traffic)

These AbuDhabi ones I have would think are "prime" quality.
AbuDhabi-Rental.com
AbuDhabiEconomy.com
AbudhabiTransport.com
PropertiesAbuDhabi.com

•••
Ajman Is Now Number One!!

Ajman has superceded ALL OTHER EMIRATES - AND THIS INCLUDES DUBAI AND ABU DHABI - for attracting foreign investment into the UAE!!

Read the full article here and START BUYING UP THOSE AJMAN DOMAINS:

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/newsdetails.asp?Sn=REAL&artid=140444

I did quite a few posts in this thread about the Ajman Mega Projects and I have covered the two most important Ajman Mega Projects - The Ajman Marina and Emirates City - in more detail in my blog:

http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com

•••
$$Domainer said:
Ajman has superceded ALL OTHER EMIRATES - AND THIS INCLUDES DUBAI AND ABU DHABI - for attracting foreign investment into the UAE!!

Read the full article here and START BUYING UP THOSE AJMAN DOMAINS:

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/newsdetails.asp?Sn=REAL&artid=140444

I did quite a few posts in this thread about the Ajman Mega Projects and I have covered the two most important Ajman Mega Projects - The Ajman Marina and Emirates City - in more detail in my blog:

http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com
Nice info, wanted to add rep, but couldn't as I already gave some rep before :hehe:

Got only two names, ajmanvacation(s).com, all other good ones seems to be taken already :)

•••
D u b a i M a r i n a dot tv is up for sale if anyone interested i Dubai names wants to buy this name. For one day only i have reduced the price to $550.

For information related to sale check either in dot tv marketplace in Namepros or check it on Sedo.

•••
I only own DubaiStar.com, when I took it in 2002 most of the good Dubai names were already gone...

•••
"New Ajman is the name given to the area being developed just outside the existing city, on Emirates Road, This new Ajman is growing in popularity, it will house over 100 high-rise buildings and even more villas the international airport will handle over 2 million visitors a year to new Ajman."

I picked up www.NewAjman.com ...what do you think?

•••
I have dubaimarinavillage.com & pearlqatarmall.com

•••
Any comments on these names I have????

AjmanWaterfront.com
AjmanBookings.com
AjmanCarRentals.com
AjmanNightlife.com
AjmanHoliday.com
AjmanHolidays.com
AjmanAccommodation.com
AjmanRestaurants.com
AjmanFlights.com

•••
nice ones gilescoley, but shoulda picked up ajmanbooking.com also.

•••
thanks Pokainc, it was just regged, i hope you got it

•••
Ya i got that one lol

Trying to do a mini "BOOKING" portfolio.
So far I got.

UAEbooking.com
AjmanBooking.com
QatarBooking.com
QatarBookings.com
BahrainBooking.com
BahrainBookings.com

Last edited:
•••
ipodxpert said:
D u b a i M a r i n a dot tv is up for sale if anyone interested i Dubai names wants to buy this name. For one day only i have reduced the price to $550.

For information related to sale check either in dot tv marketplace in Namepros or check it on Sedo.
Hope you get it :) I have DubaiMarinas,info

•••
i just nabbed dubaiDaytours.com not sure why it wasnt regged... any thoughts?

•••
UAE/Gulf Travel Boom

I have done numerous posts in this thread about the Middle East travel boom and how it will continue for a long, long time. Here is yet another article on this booming area of the Gulf economy:

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/newsdetails.asp?Sn=TTN&artid=140536

YOU SHOULD HAVE SOME TRAVEL DOMAINS FOR THE UAE/GULF IN YOUR PORTFOLIO!! I have:

UAEBusinessTravel.com
UAEAirTravel.com

This is a HUGE sector of the Middle East economy and should not be ignored by domainers!!

•••
because the word "day" in dubaidaytours.com sort of ruins it..

•••
The extreme emphasis on luxury in Dubai over the last decade is precisely why the market for budget travel is wide open. While most hotel guests continue to stay at high-end places, statistics show a growing demand for lower-priced accommodations.

The number of guests who stayed in five-star luxury hotels in Dubai increased just 10 percent, to nearly 2 million, in 2005 from the previous year, according to the latest statistics available online from the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing. By contrast, the number staying in one-star, limited-service hotels jumped 32 percent in that same time, to about 600,000.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/03/11/travel/11pracdubai.html

i have following travel related domains,

DubaiBudgetTravel.com - low price budget travel

DubaiBudgetRental.com - low price budget rental

DubaiExecutiveRental.com - High priced rental.

•••
Thats a good article, thanks :tu:

“We really focus on the high end,” she said. “Truly, it’s a luxury market.”

The problem with that is that thousands of expat workers will also find it very difficult to stay there, I worked in Bermuda, similar thing going on there IMO

People will work for a few years and then take off, but if Dubai and the rest of the UAE are building hundreds of Hotels etc its not so easy to find qualified people to run them. Some Hotel related jobs can take 2 or 3 years to train for.

JMO

They just anounced a few days ago that they are setting up a budget airline too. Good move :tu: I would think with all the expats they are going to need working there this will also be great for family/friends who visit.

..Not everyone can afford to fly on Posh Planes :hehe:

article:

Dubai, which owns Emirates airline, said it was in talks with Airbus and Boeing Company on buying aircraft for a planned low-cost carrier and may make an order soon.

The carrier, which as yet has no name, will be equipped with either Boeing 737 aircraft or Airbus A320s, chief executive Officer Ghaith Al Ghaith said.

State-owned Emirates said earlier it will help set up the carrier. 'We are in conversation with the main manufacturers, Boeing nd Airbus,' Ghaith said, a day after Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum decreed its creation.

The carrier wants 'as many aircraft as we can possibly operate, as soon as possible. We want to start with a bang,' Ghaith said. 'We will make an order very soon,' he said, declining to be more specific. The carrier will also lease aircraft, he added.

The low-cost carrier will begin operations as soon as Dubai opens a second airport, planned for next year, Ghaith said.

About 35 million people live in the Gulf, of which about a quarter are foreigners, with many of those unskilled workers from South and East Asia.

Dubai airport, the Middle East's busiest, handled 34.3 million passengers last year, up 19 per cent over 2006, according to its Web site.

The new carrier will be the sixth in the region that is low-cost and will compete with Sharjah-based Air Arabia, the Middle East's largest low cost airline. Air Arabia was also the first in the region to be privately owned.

In November, Emirates ordered $23.4 billion worth of aircraft from Airbus and Boeing, with options for 50 more, valuing the total potential order at almost $35 billion.-

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I think its amazing that they are spending hundreds of billions and they don't even own Dubai.com - scary :alien:

•••
D u b a i S p o r t s C i t y dot tv is up for sale.

bid on it on sedo or paypal.

BIN - $550

•••
gazzip said:
I think its amazing that they are spending hundreds of billions and they don't even own Dubai.com - scary :alien:
A fellow NPer who actually lives in Dubai told me that the Dubai government offered $3,000,000 for it some years ago, but that was rejected, after that they went for dxb.com (short for Dubai), although no agreement was reached as well. They finally went for dubai.ae, which is now their website.

•••
johntv said:
A fellow NPer who actually lives in Dubai told me that the Dubai government offered $3,000,000 for it some years ago, but that was rejected, after that they went for dxb.com (short for Dubai), although no agreement was reached as well. They finally went for dubai.ae, which is now their website.

Thats a shame :| It should be their main tourism site instead of a crappy news site (considering the same people also own DubaiNews.com !)

What a waste of traffic, most of the tourism related links at the top bring up an error.

"The page you requested does not exist! (error 404)".

...Shame, Shame, Shame :|

•••
It is really a shame, but if some people can spend 10 millions for number plates there, then pehelease... We are talking about profitable properties, what they would invest now would return in a year or less for them, even if they paid 10m$+++ for Dubai.com imo.

•••
I am not sure how or why but they (large UAE businesses/gov't) seem to overlook .com, .net, .info in most cases as Smith has pointed out in this thread. On the bright side, a major focus for investment and economic growth for the future in the UAE is tourism. Someone just needs to help them realize that having a portfolio of only .ae domains could mean lost revenue.

•••
picked up a few reem island names:

reemflights
reemnights
reemresidents
reemflats

all .coms

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back