IT.COM

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Got

BurjAlArab.mobi
Burj.mobi

•••
I have some sales and offers here and there, just nobody from namepros

•••
meditang said:
Got

BurjAlArab.mobi
Burj.mobi

ive got burj,biz n burj,tv
do u want them to make it a set =P
pm me an offer if you are interested..

•••
•••
Thanks for that $$Domainer, I think the really big projects like this will go ahead, I think it may just take them longer than expected. Too much time and effort has been put into the planning to stop them. I think once the financial crisis improves, you will find more and more people/companies investing in these projects. It doesnt really bother me if they are delayed by a year or 2..or 3, it just means we may have to be a little patient thats all.

Ajman still has 4 or 5 other projects so I think Ajman names will still increase in value. Ajman Marina is the one that needs to stay on track IMO. I think Ajman will be the "happening" palce in the next 5 years, especially being so close to Dubai.

Anyway, thanks for the info $$Domainer

Good luck all

•••
I've got about 20 dubai names (3 i like) and the only one that gets traffic every day is PalmAtlantis--doticom, It's had 23 visits today.

•••
I have quite a few that get traffic, for the most part, I try to stay more on the Dubai "generic" type. Like DubaiTouring.com, DubaiTransport.com, Dubai-Reservation.com and so-on. They have a bigger potential buying pool. I did sell some Qatar names for XXX$ region in the recent past. If Qatar would sell, Dubai should definitely eventually sell.

•••
Congrats on your Qatar sales pokainc, I had an offer of mid xxx last week on one of my Muscat (Capital of Oman) names. I turned it down as I plan on vigorously chasing some end users in Oman/Bahrain/Ajman/Riyadh and Manama

I think we should show some of our generic names here, I would mind seeing what some of you guys have got. Who knows, I may even be interested in buying a couple.

I am doing the same and trying to focus on the obvious traffice names like flights, tours, hotels, travel, restaurants etc - I dont get much traffic on mine at all

Most are parked at Fabulous, any suggestions on where to move them??

Good luck all

•••
what do you think of:

dubaidevelopment.com

which price will it has ?

•••
dubaidevelopment.com would be very interesting to develop loll

have all the projects and stuff on there could prove to be profitable...

Here's some of my Dubai names which I consider to be generic..

Dubai-Rental.com
DubaiTransport.com
DubaiMortgageRate.com
DubaiMortgageRates.com
Dubai-Directory.com
Dubai-Directories.com
Dubai-Reservation.com
Dubai-Reservations.com
DubaiTouring.com
DubaiDistribution.com
DubaiPackaging.com

have quite a few UAE generics too.. basically all listed on www.DubaiDomainNames.com mostly in categories

Last edited:
•••
I like Dubaitransport.com !

Just taken:

DhabiProperty.com

what do you think?

•••
taking offers on SEDO:

AbudhabiAndDubai.com

DubaiAndAbudhabi.com

ReemIslandConstruction.com

ReemIslandDevelopers.com

ReemIslandInvestor.com

ReemIslandInvestors.com

ReemIslandSuites.com

•••
Reem Island Woes

Check out this article from TheNational.ae. It is mainly about how prices are falling at Burj Dubai, but there is quite a bit about Abu Dhabi and Reem Island. Here are some quotes:

Abu Dhabi’s high-end developments have also been affected. As is the case in Dubai, properties in projects that drew the most attention from speculators last year have recorded the most pronounced declines. Brokers said that many of the buyers appeared to have no intention of holding on to the property long enough to make the first required payments to keep possession of it.

“Al Reem Island has seen quite a harsh reality check, because that was a real speculative market,” Mr Easton said. “You had actually 95 per cent speculators who had no intention of doing further payments. Residential properties in some cases [are now put into the market] at minus 15 per cent premium.”

Investors who bought properties on Reem Island at up to Dh2,700 per sq ft during Cityscape in May are expected to be the hardest hit if they intend to resell now. “Someone who is looking to exit today will have no choice than resell at around Dh1,800 per sq ft,” Mr Easton said. “The best thing people should do if they can is to hold.”

link:

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20081111/BUSINESS/831532776/0/rss

Also, have a look at this article from the Kipp Report that says Dubai Mega Developer, Limitless, could shut down in 4 months:

http://www.kippreport.com/kipp/2008/11/20/not-so-limitless/

And this article from Construction Week Online entitled: No Funding For Mega Projects Investment:

http://www.constructionweekonline.c...ing_for_mega_projects_investment_banker_says/

•••
and...

Dhabi.com could have some value?

•••
Some of mine

ReemIslandHolidays.com
ReemIslandFood.com
ReemIslandAccommodation.com
ReemIslandBookings.com
ReemFood.com
ReemAccommodation.com
ReemBookings.com
ReemNightLife.com

AjmanWaterfront.com
AjmanBookings.com
AjmanCarRentals.com
AjmanNightlife.com
AjmanHoliday.com
AjmanHolidays.com
AjmanAccommodation.com
AjmanRestaurants.com
AjmanFlights.com

MuscatWaterfront.com
MuscatTourism.com
MuscatTourist.com

RiyadhHoliday.com
RiyadhTourism.com
RiyadhTourist.com
RiyadhFlight.com

BahrainQatarCauseway.com
BahrainQatar.com
BahrainCarRentals.com
BahrainTourist.com

DubaiTourist.net
DubaiDiscover.com
DubaiAttract.com

ManamaHolidays.com
ManamaFlights.com
ManamaTourism.com
ManamaTourist.com

SharjahTourist.com
SharjahRestaurants.com

FujairahRestaurants.com
FujairahFlights.com

AbuDhabiBookings.com

SalamYiti.tv
AlQussorMarina.com
LakeTunis.com
LusailWaterfront.com
MarinaWestProperty.com
GulfPlayer.com
MegaProjects.info

•••
•••
After reading this article

After reading this article I can not stop feeling about the Dubai Domain Investors ( Like me ) would also be affected because of this set back.

I just invested a few and not much.

visitnewdubai.com
discovernewdubai.com
newdubainews.com
newdubaitravel.com

All the Best

sundari.

•••
DubaiRecruitment.net

probably not a good one considering the above article :blink:

•••
sundari said:
After reading this article I can not stop feeling about the Dubai Domain Investors ( Like me ) would also be affected because of this set back.

I just invested a few and not much.

visitnewdubai.com
discovernewdubai.com
newdubainews.com
newdubaitravel.com

All the Best

sundari.

Even when things were great in Dubai and all over the UAE there was almost zero interest. Sad but true. Now the whole thing is going to crap over there and it will get much, much worse. Take a look at the last 2 posts in my blog, UAE Mega Projects, entitled 'Fantasy Versus Reality In Dubai,' Part 1 and Part 2:

http://uaemegaprojects.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
•••
•••
$$Domainer said:
Even when things were great in Dubai and all over the UAE there was almost zero interest. Sad but true. Now the whole thing is going to crap over there and it will get much, much worse.

Well there's never a good time for a credit crunch to hit and this one looks set to be a very long one which won't be good for Dubai either. One of their biggest markets for visitors/investors so far was UK, and the UK is pretty well scewed up now...oh how things can change so quickly. :|

Dubai was trying to expand far too quick anyway, far too many speculators buying property and not enough actual end-users that can afford them or wanted to live in them, they also need to focus far more on the lower end of the tourism scale if they expect to sustain an increase in visitors...even in the good times.

.. it'll be good for them in the long-run to get a bit more realistic in their ambitions.

They'll get there eventually so I'm hanging on to my best Dubai names for a few more years yet....see what happens by about 2011 ish :hehe:

JMO

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back