Dynadot

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Smith said:
They doubled the size of it in May to 60,000 hotel rooms and 40,000,000 sq ft. of retail space, I'm guessing that they are re-drawing stuff atm.

In other words . . . they are making a bigger shiner Vegas in the middle of another desert at the cost of roughly $54,495,912,806

You have to hand it to these guys they just don't think Big--they think BBBIIIGGGGG!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

BTW everyone, today the Armani Residences Sales Centre opens at the Burj Dubai. The Armani Residences are located on floors 9-16 of the Burj, which is now the tallest building in the world. As you can imagine these 144 condos will be super luxury. Also located in the Burj is the Armani Hotel Dubai. Here is what Armani himself had to say:

"My objective has been to create personalized living environments where the emphasis is placed on comfort simplicity and elegance. Burj Dubai is a remarkable architectural achievement and provides the perfect setting for my first Armani Residences."

The Armani Hotel will open in 2008 and is a partnership between Emaar and Giorgio Armani S.p.A

For more on this go to: emaar.com, its right on the front page.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Bahrain Mega-Projects: Amwaj Islands

With this post I am adding Bahrain Mega-Projects to this thread. Bahrain is a very, very rich Arab Kingdom with tons of development going on. We need to add Bahrain to this thread as lots of good domain names can be found here.

The Bahrain Mega-Project I will tell you about today is called Amwaj Islands. This is a huge man made island mega-project. Amwaj Islands will consist of 4 main islands:

- Al Marsa Floating City. This will be a huge waterfront housing development. There will be waterfront villas, chalets and condos located on a series of canals allowing the residents to park their boats right near their homes.

- Tala Island. Here there will be a gated residential community with a variety of villas, townhouses and apartments. Tala will also contain a sports center, aqua park, lots of shops and restaurants, etc., etc.

- Theme Island. This will be a gigantic entertainment island with resorts, theme parks, amusement parks, tennis courts, a golf course and even an aviary.

- Education/Medical Island. An entire island devoted to education and medicine.

There will also be many other developments going on at Amwaj Islands that have not been listed above.

For more info go to: amwaj-islands.com

•••
$$Domainer said:
nicedomains,

I like both your Abu Dhabi and Reem Island blogs. They are both shaping up really, really well. Keep up the good work!

Thanks $$Domainer.. slacking a little this week but I am trying to fill them with as much content as possible.

•••
Bahrain Mega-Projects: Bahrain Financial Harbour

WOW!!! You have to take a look at this place. It looks like some kind of Financial Nirvana! If you worked here you would never want to go home!

The Bahrain Financial Harbour (BFH) is:

"A world class fully integrated waterfront development which will create a complete financial city, a self contained community in the center of Manamma, Kingdom of Bahrain."

More:

"Envisaged as a complete financial city for the global finance sector BFH development uniquely combines business, leisure and residential components and is being developed on a high profile waterfront site. The development has also been designated by the Government of Bahrain as a Strategic Investment Zone, with a unique blend of liberalized conditions to attract private sector participation. BFH offers a highly compelling rationale that makes it a natural choice for any progressive and ambitious financial institution."

This is truly an incredible Mega-Project with some of the most incredible architecture I have ever seen. Go take a closer look at:

bfharbour.com

They have a great little video right on the homepage that is really terrific.

Last edited:
•••
You guys think its to late to start buying domains for this project?

•••
fliqmedia.com said:
You guys think its to late to start buying domains for this project?

I wouldn't have posted it if it was too late. Bahrain Financial Harbour isn't even finished yet so it is a great time...and it is an incredible project. Also look at Amwaj Islands, another fabulous Bahrain Mega-Project.

•••
$$Domainer said:
WOW!!! You have to take a look at this place. It looks like some kind of Financial Nirvana! If you worked here you would never want to go home!
Looks like some do want to go home... ;)
"The cost of living here has increased so much in the past two years that I cannot survive with my salary," said Rajesh Kumar, a 24-year-old worker from the south Indian state of Andhra Pradesh who earns $149 a month.
Labors go on strike in Dubai

•••
Last edited:
•••
UPDATE: Dubai

Dubai will deport 4000 workers for going on strike last weekend. Strikes by workers are illegal in Dubai and the rest of the UAE.

I hope going on strike does not become a big trend for Dubai/UAE workers as this region needs all the workers it can get with the massive amount of Mega-Projects being built.

•••
TDIM 08 Set For Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre

TDIM 08- Tourism Development project & Investment Market - is set for Jan. 20-22 in Dubai. The event will focus on showcasing tourism projects primarily in the Middle East looking to attract investors, operators, global destination brands, planners and financial institutions.

The UAE has AED 858 BILLION projected investments in tourism projects-- that is about $286 BILLION!!

The more research I do into travel and tourism to the UAE the more I see what a massive market this is and it will keep growing and growing for at least the next 10 years. All those Mega-Projects will attract the world to the UAE. Business travel is also huge in the UAE, in fact the UAE/Gulf region is the fastest growing region in the world for business travel. Pick up some domains in this area now. DON'T MISS OUT ON THESE BOOMING MARKETS! I got:

UAEAirTravel.com

UAEBusinessTravel.com

For more info on TDIM 08 go to: tdimonline.com

•••
Two Great UAE Articles!

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm?id=GN_02112007_10164409&l=000000071102

Checkout the above article entitled "Dubai to be world's entertainment capital." Gives a really nice overview of what is coming. Travel is going to be HUGE for Dubai and the rest of the UAE with all the amazing Mega-Projects they are building and all the business they are doing, which brings us to:

This next article "Wall Street flocks to Gulf in new gold rush."

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/inde...eet-flocks-to-gulf-in-new-gold-rush&Itemid=69

•••
LLLL.com may be finished but:

THE EMIRATES HAVE JUST BEGUN!!!!!

•••
CTBUH 8th World Congress, Dubai

Yet another big real estate confertence is coming to the Emirates. The Counsil on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat(CTBUH) 8th World Congress will be held on March 3-5 2008 at the Grand Hyatt, Dubai.

The title of this World Congress is "Tall and Green." Speakers on building green/eco friendly skyscrapers will be there. Even Al Gore will be speaking there.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, green building is a huge trend in the Emirates, so huge in fact that the CTBUH is holding this event in Dubai.

For more info go to: ctbuh2008.com

•••
hey guys,
just wondering if you are getting any traffic on your uae domains.

ReemSports is getting like 70 uniques a month
AlReemIsland.net is also getting around 50 uniques

•••
Krossat said:
hey guys,
just wondering if you are getting any traffic on your uae domains.

ReemSports is getting like 70 uniques a month
AlReemIsland.net is also getting around 50 uniques

That's great. Are you doing anything to promote the names or are they parked and getting type-ins? I have quite a number of very good related names that are just parked with no traffic.

•••
•••
domainerph said:

That was a good article. Check out this one which lists the MOST POWERFUL people in the Middle East:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/inde...3232:mohammed-tops-gulf-power-league&Itemid=1

#1. Sheikh Mohammed, Dubai

#2. King Abdullah, Saudi Arabia

#3. Sheikh Khalifa, Abu Dhabi

BTW, there is an enormous amount of construction going on in Saudi right now. Many, many huge projects which I will go into in future posts. Anyone own any Saudi domains?

•••
UPDATE: Dubai

Adding more to my above post on the HUGE upward trend in UAE travel, both tourist and business, we have:

1. Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai issued a new law establishing Dubai City of Aviation. This City will be a combination of;

- Dubai Airports

- Dubai World Central

- Dubai Air Traffic Navigation

Dubai has created this Aviation City beacause they fully understand just how great the trend is for tourist/business travel to the UAE.

2. A $300,000,000 runway has just been completed at Dubai World Central International Airport. The completion of this runway is being hailed as: "The advent of a new era in Dubai's aviation and transportation industry." BTW this airport will soon be the world's largest.

Pick up domains in this booming sector of the UAE expansion.

•••
$$Domainer said:
Anyone own any Saudi domains?
I have two:

SaudiArabiaVideo.com

SaudiArabiaBlogs.com

•••
namegame said:
That's great. Are you doing anything to promote the names or are they parked and getting type-ins? I have quite a number of very good related names that are just parked with no traffic.

Nope not doing anything at all.
I have them parked at sedo. I think its genuine surfers checking out various domains of Reem!

Its great!

•••
xman said:
I have two:

SaudiArabiaVideo.com

SaudiArabiaBlogs.com

Nice names xman. There is a massive amount of development going on in Saudi right now. Although most of the focus is on the UAE, Saudi is also spending hundreds of BILLIONS on Mega-Projects. I will be adding Saudi Arabia to this thread shortly and will go into more details about all that is going on there.

•••
Thanks $$Domainer

I also have some UAE domains such as:

JumeirahRealEstate.com

JebelAliProperty.com

JebelAliRealEstate.com

DeiraWaterfront.com

I tried to focus more in Real Estate/Property type of domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back