NameSilo

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check out my new post on the Al Ghadeer project. Al Ghadeer is a very interesting and unique opportunity.

•••
Abudhabi.co.in

Found Abudhabi.co.in available, just regged.

Frank :hi:

•••
UPDATE:

This thread has become the 31st most popular thread (by number of views, 5597, as of right now) in Name Pros history...in only 5 weeks! Shows how appealing the incredible potential of the UAE is to domainers.

Also shows that its going to take a heck of alot for me to come up with another thread that will top this one!

•••
nicedomains said:
I don't know please enlighten me...?

well I would'nt exactly call it "enlightening" :) but it is just another example of someone who does not think .com is King, even at $7 (his mistake) he'll probably want it when it gets loads of traffic :hehe:

I bought a real estate related .com in a drop over a year ago, it was previously owned by the Dubai government, they dropped the .com and kept the .ae, not sure why but I'm not complaining as its been a nice little earner :tu:

It does seem as though the .ae is getting more popular, there are currently 2,540,000 results in Google for site:.ae which is a pretty big jump from when I last checked.

There's also been a pretty big jump in Dubai related names at Sedo - Back in Dec 2005 there were 1123 domains with Dubai in it posted for sale at sedo, right now sedo shows 4949 (thats just for Dubai and not related domains).

DomainMayhem.com said:
Just overlook the flame bait nice.

Hmmm, not sure how you came to that conclusion.

$$Domainer said:
UPDATE:

This thread has become the 31st most popular thread (by number of views, 5597, as of right now) in Name Pros history...in only 5 weeks! Shows how appealing the incredible potential of the UAE is to domainers.

Also shows that its going to take a heck of alot for me to come up with another thread that will top this one!

Yeah, it getting HUGE :)

•••
Gazzip, there have been people already coming in here bashing, that's all.

•••
Reem Island now has its own forum at skyscrapercity :)

Last edited:
•••
DomainMayhem.com said:
Gazzip, there have been people already coming in here bashing, that's all.

People having a different opinion is not really the same thing as bashing, sometimes passion can also get in the way of logic, I know mine does, I think its healthy to get different peoples perspective.

No worries...life is Gooood :)

mrdomainman said:
Reem Island now has its own forum at skyscrapercity :)

Yeah I was checking it out last night, very interesting.

•••
UPDATE:

The Business Travel Show will be taking place in Dubai on Oct. 29 & 30 at Madinat Jumeriah Arena. This is the first business travel show to take place in the UAE.

The show has come to the UAE beacause the UAE/Gulf region is now the world's FASTEST GROWING REGION for business travel.

In fact, 80% of all travel to and from this region is classed as business travel.

This is another very exciting high growth area of the UAE that has huge potential so I got:

UAEBusinessTravel.com

To find out more about the show go to:

businesstravelshow.ae

•••
Hey there guys,
Been sometime since i read thru the posts in here. Come to think of it, some days ago we were the first ones to benefit from the timely tips from $$Domainer :)
So can we now categorize the development areas @UAE which can be concentrated upon? I havent been in touch with the thread but is it something like this:

Al Reem Island
Abu Dhabi
Yas Island
Saadiya Island
Mudon City
Cityscape Dubai

Am i missing anything ?? :)

•••
Have just got couple of UAE domains...hehehe !!
Praying to God for a healthy and success future for us all !
:)

•••
Anybody have a cheap registrar for .ae names?

•••
Krossat said:
Saadiya Island

Good summary! Just wanted to point out, though, that it's "Saadiyat," with a "t" at the end...

•••
wopz typo :)

I think i forgot one with Marina in it. Somebody mentioned that i think.

•••
•••
Krossat said:
Hey there guys,
Been sometime since i read thru the posts in here. Come to think of it, some days ago we were the first ones to benefit from the timely tips from $$Domainer :)
So can we now categorize the development areas @UAE which can be concentrated upon? I havent been in touch with the thread but is it something like this:

Al Reem Island
Abu Dhabi
Yas Island
Saadiya Island
Mudon City
Cityscape Dubai

Krossat,

A few posts back I said we could expand this thread to include ALL projects going on in ALL the Emirates. So we can include Dubai, Sharjah, etc. I did this beacause the thread has become so popular and so well read that it would be easier for us all to have just one location to look for UAE projects.

I should have listened to my own advice. Yesterday I did a new post on a great project called Al Ghadeer, but since everyone goes here now, it got almost no views. I will now repost it in this thread beacause it is a very interesting project.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Al Ghadeer: UNIQUE Abu Dhabi/Dubai Mega-Project

I have reviewed many, many projects introduced at Cityscape Dubai. All were incredible, one more amazing than the next! The project I will talk about, Al Ghadeer, is both spectacular and a very UNIQUE opportunity. Al Ghadeer is a huge Mega-Residential project. It will bring "easy living of life through a complete self sustaining community hosting a variety of recreational, educational, social and commercial amenities." This is why I like it so much:

- Fantastic Location. Although Al Ghadeer is technically located in Abu Dhabi, it is in fact located on the Abu Dhabi/Dubai border. It is close to business, industrial and transportation hubs in BOTH Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Looking at a map of the location of Al Ghadeer I am very impressed.

- Great Pricing. Unlike many of the Dubai and Abu Dhabi Mega-Projects, Al Ghadeer will be AFFORDABLE. This aspect has already created huge interest in the project and in fact over 3000 registrations for Al Ghadeer were taken after the announcement of the launch of the project at Cityscape.

- The Builders. The company building Al Ghadeer is Sorouh. These are the same people who are building much of Reem Island!

- The Double Abu Dhabi/Dubai Whammy. Beacause of the location of Al Ghadeer people from BOTH Abu Dhabi AND Dubai are attracted to the project! Thus, when you reg an Al Ghadeer name, essentially you are getting BOTH a great Abu Dhabi AND Dubai name!

You can find out more about Al Ghadeer at sorouh.com and by doing a google search. Note: when registering Al Ghadeer names ALWAYS use the "Al" never just Ghadeer. This is beacause the project is always referred to as Al Ghadeer. So, for example, you would reg AlGhadeerVillas.com but not Ghadeervillas.com.

Last edited:
•••
A Warning to any one planning on visiting the UAE

I thought I might as well post this here just incase any NPers are planning a visit as some have said they hope to - hope you guys don't mind :) if it keeps even 1 nper out the nick then its worth it.

....and NO, I'm not suggesting any of you smoke pot ! :p

To sum it up:

Since January last year possession of even trace amounts (0.07 grams) of illegal drugs has resulted in four-year jail terms for foreigners in transit through Dubai.

The presence of drugs in the body is counted as possession and can result in a 4 year prison sentence. In other words, travel-lers can be jailed even if they have no drugs on them: a trace in the blood-stream of a drug consumed before entering the UAE is enough to secure a jail term.

Drug trafficking carries the death penalty.

>>> Painkillers that are available with a doctor’s prescription or are even available over the counter in Europe or the United States can be illegal in Dubai.

...It just pays to know before you go ! :)

Full article here > http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2169905.ece

•••
gazzip said:
I thought I might as well post this here just incase any NPers are planning a visit as some have said they hope to - hope you guys don't mind :) if it keeps even 1 nper out the nick then its worth it.

....and NO, I'm not suggesting any of you smoke pot ! :p

To sum it up:

Since January last year possession of even trace amounts (0.07 grams) of illegal drugs has resulted in four-year jail terms for foreigners in transit through Dubai.

The presence of drugs in the body is counted as possession and can result in a 4 year prison sentence. In other words, travel-lers can be jailed even if they have no drugs on them: a trace in the blood-stream of a drug consumed before entering the UAE is enough to secure a jail term.

Drug trafficking carries the death penalty.

>>> Painkillers that are available with a doctor’s prescription or are even available over the counter in Europe or the United States can be illegal in Dubai.

...It just pays to know before you go ! :)

Full article here > http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2169905.ece

Yep, it's hardcore, I got searched / strip searched coming back in from India, they check everything, down to the lint in your pockets. threatened blood tests and 7 years in jail "if he wrote a good report"

•••
erm i visited dubai recently, they didnt care to give a second glance, i must say it was more relaxed then some other airports around.

not saying u should carry anything illegal, just that strip search thing sounded ridiculous :lol:

maybe some high alert thing must be there!

•••
No wonder there is so little crime there!

•••
•••
smak786110 said:
Talking of going to Dubai..Check this blog out http://theburjalalam.com/?p=146
Top 20 reasons NOT to move to DUBAI !

LOL !!!..... Man....

Most are true from waht I've seen, embellished a bit, but not too far off.

•••
Smith said:
Yep, it's hardcore, I got searched / strip searched coming back in from India, they check everything, down to the lint in your pockets. threatened blood tests and 7 years in jail "if he wrote a good report"

:o sounds like he's on some power trip !

nicedomains said:
No wonder there is so little crime there!

If you get 4 years for 0.07 gr I would hate to imagine what they will do to these guys !! :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoykcESndBE

•••
Especially people from India and Pakistan.... Are checked properly from head to toe....
As their reputation isnt good :(

•••
Smith said:
Most are true from waht I've seen, embellished a bit, but not too far off.

Wow!! I really thought it was some kind of utopia in Dubai but after reading that 20 reasons not to live in Dubai blog and the other stuff you guys just posted I guess its best to live here (USA) and just buy Dubai/UAE domains.

Smith, A few posts back I said I envied you for living in Dubai...lol...I TAKE THAT BACK!!

•••
$$Domainer said:
Smith, A few posts back I said I envied you for living in Dubai...lol...I TAKE THAT BACK!!
:lol: :hehe: :lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back