IT.COM

.info Best .info fit?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the best type of .info name?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Technology

vote
    4.0%
  • Medical

votes
    16.0%
  • Political

votes
    0.0%
  • Geography/Real estate

votes
    44.0%
  • Other

vote
    4.0%
  • The shorter the better

votes
    8.0%
  • All of the above

votes
    24.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Just wondering...

With all the free .infos kicking around, just curious on what our members believe to be the best names for that extension.

Tech?
Medical?
Sports?
Geography/Real Estate?
Political?
Other?

I own some that are in the Medical and Geographical fields (ShakenBabySyndrome.info, FleshEatingDisease.info, Taejon.info, NevadaProperties.info, CityOfDetroit.info, etc). I like how they go together.

Thanks for your votes and comments.

ST

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Generally speaking, and here at first blush ... "Geography/Regional/City/Tourism/Real Estate". :imho:

All the best!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Thanks for getting things started Jeff.

ST

•••
Coastalguy said:
Thanks for getting things started Jeff.

ST

Boo! :ghost:

8^X

•••
I voted for : Geography/Real estate But like Tech as well .... :)

•••
best .info names

So far, my best performing .info names are

airmattresses.info
2004taxes.info
windowshade.info

I find that the .info names that pertain to a specific product have given the best results.

•••
my best .infos have to do with coding like htmlcoding.info or phpcoding.info, I also have eaglescouts.info but I dont know what catagorie that falls under.

•••
.info is best for information

•••
hanz said:
.info is best for information

your absolutely right.. ehehehhe :laugh: :lala: :great:

Tech?
Medical?
Sports?
Geography/Real Estate?
Political?
Other?

I have to say
1: Geography/Real Estate
2: Tech

•••
not sure what the best .info is but for some reason my faking.info has got 182 views last month and has already got 86 this month on sedo with no advertising what so ever.

•••
THESTOKIE said:
not sure what the best .info is but for some reason my faking.info has got 182 views last month and has already got 86 this month on sedo with no advertising what so ever.
lucky and weird!

•••
THESTOKIE said:

That's pretty cool for an un-advertised domain name. :tu:

•••
Geography/Real estate

imo

•••
•••
medicine.info domains are cool

Reg fees on all your domains

•••
•••
I personally have plenty good quality geographical names in .info but any way I look at it, medical category is the one which, imo, suits best to this tld. For example, lets take a city name...Chicago...now Chicago.info is great but there's really nothing wrong with Chicago.us or even Chicago.biz. Now on the other hand, lets take a medical name....say depression; think about depression.us and especially depression.biz....I hope you see what I see here!
Now I know that geo names in .info are getting good sales and publicity and thats all music to my ears, but when it comes to the "best fit" with the tld, I don't think anything is more compatible with it than the medical terms especially diseases and treatments.

Last edited:
•••
Places .info would be great for me
i have a few 4 letter .info with places name

•••
I am not big into making money off of domains, but I registered phantasystaronline.info, for a videogame phantasy star online, I am developing a informational website about the game, with hints, cheats, and downloads.

•••
Great post Binfus. Thanks to all for voting and posting.

ST

•••
I voted medical, but I think technology.infos can be good too...

•••
I think tourism, but tech-related is good too

•••
Best use of .info's is for travel or location-based sites, for example Panama.info would be far better than Panama.us or Panama.biz

Second good use I like is for names, whether family or celebrity related uses. In fact I like the .info extension better for all the uses that .name was intended for.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back