Dynadot

Be careful with SAV registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Andish

Domain HunterEstablished Member
Impact
Everyone, I am having a very bad experience with SAV.com registar. I bougth a premium domain on their marketplace, and the domain was placed within minutes on my SAV account. The problem is they placed HOLD on that domain due to "Premium Domain Purchase" until ... September 24th, 2020. The domain is unusable, I can't change nameservers or contact details. And the support is not responding since yesterday. Please watch out for that registrar, cheaper is not always better.
sav.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I never use these fly by night registrars. Sorry this happened to you and hope it gets resolved soon.

•••
thanks for the info will stay away from sav. i have account with them but still 0 domains I am to lazy to add card lol, no paypal no deal.

btw I ve just found that sav.com registered through godaddy 😅 what a joke.

•••
Everyday it's something new with Sav...

•••
Never used this registrar before

•••
Hello All. There was a bug in the code pushed a few days what prevented nameservers from being changed on recently purchased premium domains. We have just done a new code push that fixes that bug. There is a transfer lock placed on premium domains for 120 days but it only prevents the domain from being pushed to another Sav user or being transferred to a different registrar. Everything else on the domain will work as normal.

@Andish - I do see you support ticket from yesterday. We do aim to resolve all ticket within 1 business day and just replied that the issue has been resolved.

If anyone has any concerns, please reach out to our support team directly and give us a business day to take a look and resolve the issue.

•••
Kidding, right? re. 4 month transfer lock.

•••
I can confirm that I can change the nameservers and contacts now. But the transfer lock for 120 days is a problem, because Sellers like myself are obliged by marketpleaces like Squadhelp/Brandbucket/Afternic/Sedo to deliver domain to the buyer when it is sold, and it is not an accepted practice to hold the domain in hold for 120 days, and not an excuse for seller either. That makes your marketplace unusable for me, since I cannot afford to be in breach of a sales agreement with anoter marketplace for 120 days.

Last edited:
•••
There is a transfer lock placed on premium domains for 120 days but it only prevents the domain from being pushed to another Sav user or being transferred to a different registrar.
Wow. we were already fedup of 60 day transfer locks and here is 120 day transfer plus push lock. 🤦‍♂️

•••
What is a "premium domain purchase" with regards to a .com domain registered in April 2020?

•••
Just to clarity - a Premium Domain is a domain being sold by a private seller using Sav's Marketplace. The lock does not apply to any other type of domain like new registrations, backorders or even registry premium domains.

As the funds used to purchase these domains are paid out to the seller upon sale, this lock allows us to return the domain to the seller if a chargeback were to come in for it. We are happy to lift to lock on case by case basis pending extra verification of the buyers identity. If you need this lock lifted, please reach out to [email protected] and work with you to get that lifted.

•••
So if I bought a few dozen domains through sav and never failed a payment, then wouldn't it make sense to just *not* place this lock, just as a courtesy to a loyal customer? :) You know, since you'd be happy to lift it anyway. ;)

Last edited:
•••
So if I bought a few dozen domains through sav and never failed a payment, then wouldn't it make sense to just *not* place this lock, just as a courtesy to a loyal customer? :) You know, since you'd be happy to lift it anyway. ;)
Please reach out to Sav Support and can we lift the locks pending some additional identity verification.

•••
I will never buy a premium domain from sav. i am stay away, wokay

•••
@Nick R I like your clean ui and good pricing on a com reg though I still have 0 domains with sav. just curious why do you registered your sav.com domain through go daddy why not with sav?

•••
@Nick R Why do you do this four month lock?

When a domain is sold on SAV with your new landers and is purchased by credit card, if there is a credit card chargeback, does that domain get pushed back to the seller?

•••
@Nick R Why do you do this four month lock?

When a domain is sold on SAV with your new landers and is purchased by credit card, if there is a credit card chargeback, does that domain get pushed back to the seller?

That is correct. If there is a chargeback within that window, the domain does get returned to the seller. The lock on the domain only limits the domain being transferred, nothing else.

•••
I have recently purchased a couple of domains through SAV and so far , touchwood, all is ok. I can't say I like the 120 day lock idea on certain domains, but I do know that "Charge backs" are an increasing problem for companies in all fields. Infact I know that antique auctioneers are having problems with them, having sold the item, had it collected they then find a charge back is made. Not fun. Thinking about it, I guess SAV.com or anyone could offer a "no lock" option if buyers pay by bank/wire transfer ?.

Last edited:
•••
i also have bad story in sav..... becarefull using this registrar, one advice

only 2 words wan to say to this registrar, "Forget it"

•••
i also have bad story in sav..... becarefull using this registrar, one advice

only 2 words wan to say to this registrar, "Forget it"
We would love to learn more about what happened and see if there is anything we can do to make it right. I'm going to DM you to get more details.

•••
Everyone, I am having a very bad experience with SAV.com registar. I bougth a premium domain on their marketplace, and the domain was placed within minutes on my SAV account. The problem is they placed HOLD on that domain due to "Premium Domain Purchase" until ... September 24th, 2020. The domain is unusable, I can't change nameservers or contact details. And the support is not responding since yesterday. Please watch out for that registrar, cheaper is not always better.
Show attachment 156052

We got scammed in a similar way -- they sold us the domain but refuse to remove the "clientHold" status. Did you find a resolution?

•••
We got scammed in a similar way -- they sold us the domain but refuse to remove the "clientHold" status. Did you find a resolution?

clientHold is not a Scam but instead typically means that the link in the WHOIS Contact Verification email was not clicked so the domain was disabled per ICANN. If you want to submit a support ticket with the details then DM me the ticket number I would be happy to check.

•••
clientHold is not a Scam but instead typically means that the link in the WHOIS Contact Verification email was not clicked so the domain was disabled per ICANN. If you want to submit a support ticket with the details then DM me the ticket number I would be happy to check.

Are you talking about clicking a link, or about noticing the registrant with the WDRP email? (which may also be done by fax, postal mail, or other appropriate means).

Last edited:
•••
Are you talking about clicking a link, or about noticing the registrant with the WDRP email? (which may also done by fax, postal mail, or other appropriate means).
I am not sure what WDRP stands for but I am referring to the email Sav sends to verify a new Registrant WHOIS contact.

•••
•••
Back