NameSilo

Be careful with SAV registrar

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by Andish, May 28, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Andish

Andish Domain Hunter

Everyone, I am having a very bad experience with SAV.com registar. I bougth a premium domain on their marketplace, and the domain was placed within minutes on my SAV account. The problem is they placed HOLD on that domain due to "Premium Domain Purchase" until ... September 24th, 2020. The domain is unusable, I can't change nameservers or contact details. And the support is not responding since yesterday. Please watch out for that registrar, cheaper is not always better.
    sav.png

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

I never use these fly by night registrars. Sorry this happened to you and hope it gets resolved soon.

3. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Established Member

thanks for the info will stay away from sav. i have account with them but still 0 domains I am to lazy to add card lol, no paypal no deal.

btw I ve just found that sav.com registered through godaddy 😅 what a joke.

4. Peak.Domains

Peak.Domains Account Closed (Requested) VIP

Everyday it's something new with Sav...

5. Mytz.com

Mytz.com Upgraded Member Gold Account

Never used this registrar before

6. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

Hello All. There was a bug in the code pushed a few days what prevented nameservers from being changed on recently purchased premium domains. We have just done a new code push that fixes that bug. There is a transfer lock placed on premium domains for 120 days but it only prevents the domain from being pushed to another Sav user or being transferred to a different registrar. Everything else on the domain will work as normal.

@Andish - I do see you support ticket from yesterday. We do aim to resolve all ticket within 1 business day and just replied that the issue has been resolved.

If anyone has any concerns, please reach out to our support team directly and give us a business day to take a look and resolve the issue.

7. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

Kidding, right? re. 4 month transfer lock.

8. Andish

Andish Domain Hunter

I can confirm that I can change the nameservers and contacts now. But the transfer lock for 120 days is a problem, because Sellers like myself are obliged by marketpleaces like Squadhelp/Brandbucket/Afternic/Sedo to deliver domain to the buyer when it is sold, and it is not an accepted practice to hold the domain in hold for 120 days, and not an excuse for seller either. That makes your marketplace unusable for me, since I cannot afford to be in breach of a sales agreement with anoter marketplace for 120 days.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  9. Wali Dahot

Wali Dahot Top Contributor VIP

Wow. we were already fedup of 60 day transfer locks and here is 120 day transfer plus push lock. 🤦‍♂️

10. pb

pb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

What is a "premium domain purchase" with regards to a .com domain registered in April 2020?

11. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

Just to clarity - a Premium Domain is a domain being sold by a private seller using Sav's Marketplace. The lock does not apply to any other type of domain like new registrations, backorders or even registry premium domains.

As the funds used to purchase these domains are paid out to the seller upon sale, this lock allows us to return the domain to the seller if a chargeback were to come in for it. We are happy to lift to lock on case by case basis pending extra verification of the buyers identity. If you need this lock lifted, please reach out to [email protected] and work with you to get that lifted.

12. pb

pb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

So if I bought a few dozen domains through sav and never failed a payment, then wouldn't it make sense to just *not* place this lock, just as a courtesy to a loyal customer? :) You know, since you'd be happy to lift it anyway. ;)

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  13. Nick R

Nick R VIP Member VIP

Please reach out to Sav Support and can we lift the locks pending some additional identity verification.

14. PapaTama

PapaTama Established Member

I will never buy a premium domain from sav. i am stay away, wokay

15. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Established Member

@Nick R I like your clean ui and good pricing on a com reg though I still have 0 domains with sav. just curious why do you registered your sav.com domain through go daddy why not with sav?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice