Dynadot

Totally peeved. Whats wrong with SAV & DAN ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Amit V

Established Member
Impact
Dont misunderstand me but I love these two. Since yesterday I am totally bugged with them. So those with the patience to read this here is the story:
Yesterday I received a decent offer for a domain on DAN for a domain registered at SAV. Since the domain is 10 days old SAV refuses to unlock the transfer. I offered to supply them with a copy of my passport & electric bill to prove my identity. Answer was still NO. I know its possible as I had this situation with greatdomains and after I had supplied them with the documents they released the domain.
Now I wrote to DAN and they informed me ,Sorry chum we dont do business with SAV so even after the 50 days you will have to transfer the domain to another registrar that we sell it BUT the domain will be locked for another 60 days at the new registrar and only then....CATCH22

Who needs TV. I have a real life comedy here. Any advice? Does DAN do business with Namecheap. Shall I move my domains there? I had already started to move my domains from Gandi & Godaddy to SAV because I find them too expensive but what now?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have got a message from a SAV representative on NP. He has suggested that I use the SAV landing pages to sell. That way there would be no problem. I think I will do that for my SAV domains. The only thing is he said that it has to be at a fixed price as SAV does not have the offer option.

•••
•••
I contacted him a couple of hours back but no reply as yet.

Very good, let's hope for a positive outcome for you.

Unfortunately, this is still not Domain Industry News. But who knows, it might become soon. :xf.eek:

•••
If Dan is doing this then I will never list my domains with them, they make bad image for themselves by blocking SAV, this is a direct (**** off) to domainers if they use SAV.

•••
60 day lock has nothing to do with SAV.

It is an ICANN requirement. You can't do Afternic FT from any registrar within the 60 day lock.
Just clearing the air about the 60 day lock, but yes, DAN don't transact names from SAV.

Sorry for wrong info...thanks for correcting.

I hope Sav doesn't have any hurdles to transfer within registrar accounts...

•••
If Sav is doing this, copying landers and having issues with marketplaces, having transfer, fast transfer, domains missing, auctions mixed up, no make offer, dns not changing for a week, i wont use them as a registrar. Lose, lose really but Dan is cream of crop in my opinion. Only downside for Dan is lack of support in Western Hemisphere. Instant support is crucial in this biz. Sav support has done quite well here, all things considered. Hopefully your sale goes through and people, dont register a name at Sav and use a Dan lander.
#UndevelopedForever
It’s business, Dan is doing that for a business reason not an eff off to domainers. Its like afternic blocking epik fast transfer. Simply business.
If Dan is doing this then I will never list my domains with them, they make bad image for themselves by blocking SAV, this is a direct (**** off) to domainers if they use SAV.

•••
Only downside for Dan is lack of support in Western Hemisphere. Instant support is crucial in this biz.

Where the hell do you think Europe is? On the moon? No geography in USA schools?

Amsterdam is in Holland. Holland is a country in Western Europe. DAN is headquartered in Amsterdam.

•••
from what I have seen and read I believe DAN is doing what is best for them and sellers cus' apparently SAV is being shady for instant a few people reported domain sale (for price way lower than they listed it for) without their permission (just this week)

•••
I understand. Dynadot has a lot of fans over here and usually ends up in the top of the 'best registrar of the year' vote.

Every registrar has its pros and cons obviously but if Gandi and GoDaddy is what you have been using you're probably gonna love them. Good support as well. Same goes for NC by the way, I find them to be very quick and accommodating.
I agree. I like Dynadot and Namecheap. I also like Porkbun. OP has a number of options when it comes to reputable registrars

•••
hitpiece on @DAN.COM good name.

@DAN.COM, keep doing you.

Excited, for the new feature future update

Sav has no hope (read their thread to find why.

I also like @LaszloSchenk who works for DAN.
His personality is cheerfully infectious, and another DAN STAFF, active on NP, innovates. The other is the DAN owner!

SAV barely goes on, and when they do,
it’s so they can solve multitude of problems.
Sav is new, i dont trust them, funny,
Trust unacreddited DAN, over accredited Sav for ANY TRANSACTION, ANY DAY WEEK!! — Their replies leave much to be desired, and they only use Snail Mail. At least Dutch DAN, Call Dutch time, if not asleep, it’s something... Snail mail (email) is the worst. Crazy Namecheap the only other Registrar to mind,
who uses ONLY snail mail (email) to reach.

Btw, SAV’s CEO yet to say one word on this, yet alone, any of the other matters...

Go @DAN.COM !!!

Last edited:
•••
Sav has no hope (read their thread to find why.

It's sad really. I checked in on the SAV 'official' thread for the first time in ages and it seems things have gotten even worse over time. The complaints posted are just crazy. Issues I've only seen on registrars on the verge of collapse. Something is seriously wrong with this registrar.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Is the typo fixed?

Thanks for courtesy, friends! i see u all friendly

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Europe is in northern hemisphere, northeastern to be precise. Were north western here in Canada. I know their in Holland, another reason to use them.
I dont know if they teach geography in usa, but i have an old globe and do know Europe is not on the moon.
https://kids.britannica.com/kids/article/hemisphere/346139 Great video explains. Main point is at 1am here is when there open for business. If their support was as good as epik,
MasterOfMyDomains said:
Only downside for Dan is lack of support in Western Hemisphere. Instant support is crucial in this biz.
Where the hell do you think Europe is? On the moon? No geography in USA schools?

Amsterdam is in Holland. Holland is a country in Western Europe. DAN is headquartered in Amsterdam.

•••
I said Dan needs better support here, in the western hemisphere. At least on topic. your comment is off topic for one.
Not transcribing the meaning to Usa alone. Canada too. Mexico.

The Western Hemisphere is a geographicalterm[1][2] for the half of Earth which lies west of the prime meridian (which crosses Greenwich, London, United Kingdom) and east of the antimeridian. The other half is called the Eastern Hemisphere.
Thanks for the ignorant or pathetic comment. Par for the course here
Link added to abide by mod tules
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere

Last edited:
•••
I said Dan needs better support here, in the western hemisphere. At least on topic. your comment is off topic for one.
Not transcribing the meaning to Usa alone. Canada too. Mexico.

The Western Hemisphere is a geographicalterm[1][2] for the half of Earth which lies west of the prime meridian (which crosses Greenwich, London, United Kingdom) and east of the antimeridian. The other half is called the Eastern Hemisphere.
Thanks for the ignorant or pathetic comment. Par for the course here
Link added to abide by mod tules
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere

Lol, don't bite. He's just stirring the pot. Your point is a valid one. It's not an issue for me personally but I do think because of the size Dan has grown over the past couple of years 24/7 support would be preferable.

They do have a lot of automation going on though so a notable percentage of sales through Dan don't need support or manual processing at all.

•••
It's sad really. I checked in on the SAV 'official' thread for the first time in ages and it seems things have gotten even worse over time. The complaints posted are just crazy. Issues I've only seen on registrars on the verge of collapse. Something is seriously wrong with this registrar.

If you know the history of the mind/s (business culture, ex co’s) behind the sav, you’ll be able to understand why… things happen.

Regards

•••
•••
•••
If you know the history of the mind/s (business culture, ex co’s) behind the sav, you’ll be able to understand why… things happen.

Regards

Yes. I don't know about their business culture but did some digging on their past, owner(s) etc in 2020. Reading between the lines leaves me with a fair assumption on what the endgoal is. Won't go into details as obviously cannot be backed by verifiable facts. You'll see this in a broad variety of industries, not uncommon.

That being said, it's just business. I don't even think they were actively promoting their registrar untill some early adaptors started using them and it got noticed by the 'industry'. People dragged in their representative on NP only after they noticed the BA at cost I think. Bound to happen at some point with large portfolio holders/owners/investors keeping names at SAV or being affiliated with SAV.

Anyway...

I don't even feel/think they're positioning themselves actively as a discount registrar, even though they are cheap, like the way GoDaddy did back in the day and namecheap untill a decade (or so) ago.

When you hold a lot of domains, it's tempting to let them give you a free ride and let you benefit from their pricing but make no mistake, they cannot be compared to any of the other registrars domainers are used to. That doesn't necessarily mean there are evil things at play, it does mean, perform DD, they're a business, so are you. When you join forces (use them) make sure it's a win for both.

•••
Yes. I don't know about their business culture but did some digging on their past, owner(s) etc in 2020. Reading between the lines leaves me with a fair assumption on what the endgoal is. Won't go into details as obviously cannot be backed by verifiable facts. You'll see this in a broad variety of industries, not uncommon.

That being said, it's just business. I don't even think they were actively promoting their registrar untill some early adaptors started using them and it got noticed by the 'industry'. People dragged in their representative on NP only after they noticed the BA at cost I think. Bound to happen at some point with large portfolio holders/owners/investors keeping names at SAV or being affiliated with SAV.

Anyway...

I don't even feel/think they're positioning themselves actively as a discount registrar, even though they are cheap, like the way GoDaddy did back in the day and namecheap untill a decade (or so) ago.

When you hold a lot of domains, it's tempting to let them give you a free ride and let you benefit from their pricing but make no mistake, they cannot be compared to any of the other registrars domainers are used to. That doesn't necessarily mean there are evil things at play, it does mean, perform DD, they're a business, so are you. When you join forces (use them) make sure it's a win for both.

History goes decade+ back ..
/ business model $280 and 50 new Sav.com LLC's (ICANN registrars) can be very profitable if ...

Regards

sav2.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back