IT.COM

warning Arunas Zygis stole $900 USD from me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

I've bought a 4L domain under the privacy protect, now I think it was not his and he insisted to pay as a gift 900 USD by PayPal. So I did yesterday,, because I don't like for sellers to pay 5% mostly and offer them gift payment.. Now as of today his account
@ZArunas is auto closed. :(
What can I do? I just made a dispute on PayPal for unauthorized transaction.
Thank you all in advance,

Robert

Details about ZArunas, ArzysArt

Name on PayPal Account:
  • Arunas Zygis
Email addresses:
  • State/Region: Kaunas
  • City: Kaunas
Real IP addresses (not proxies):
GoDaddy Account / Customer Numbers:
NameSilo Account Usernames:
  • arunasmacky
  • xarunasx
Phone Numbers:
  • +370 867480566 (real number)
  • +370 68578945
  • +370 67480566 (whois)
Domain Name: BXA.CO (Whois Record for 2017-03-30)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Organization: Zygis CO
  • Registrant Address1: Nidos 5-32
  • Registrant City: Vilnius
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus Apskritis
  • Registrant Postal Code: 06298
  • Registrant Country: Lithuania
  • Registrant Country Code: LT
  • Registrant Phone Number: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]
Domain Name: 0111.INFO (Whois Record for 2016-02-11)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Street: Jaunimo g.7
  • Registrant City: Jauniunai
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus aps.
  • Registrant Postal Code: 19008
  • Registrant Country: LT
  • Registrant Phone: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He got me for $400 for the same names. I did the deal Saturday - by the time I sorted through everything it was Tuesday. Paypal flat out refused to do anything and referred me to my bank. I have a dispute open with them. I have USAA as a bank because I was in the military and they treat me well. We will see if I get it back.
I look at this as a $400 lesson. I am too trusting.

•••
He got me for $400 for the same names. I did the deal Saturday - by the time I sorted through everything it was Tuesday. Paypal flat out refused to do anything and referred me to my bank. I have a dispute open with them. I have USAA as a bank because I was in the military and they treat me well. We will see if I get it back.
I look at this as a $400 lesson. I am too trusting.

I thought PP provides a 180 day buyer protection and hence chargeback option? Isn't that what Shane Bellone did as well eventually? How come they refused you?

•••
I thought PP provides a 180 day buyer protection and hence chargeback option? Isn't that what Shane Bellone did as well eventually? How come they refused you?
Told me it was a personal purchase so not covered

•••

Aw. That sucks. Hope your bank comes through and you get your funds back...

•••
Domain sales/trading should involve no trust whatsoever, it is not a personal matter and it should not offend anyone if either the buyer or seller wants to protect themselves. That is why there are Escrow services, Escrow.com fees are tiny compared to the peace of mind they provide. I've never traded/sold anything on NP, but when/if I do, and even if a member has 100% trust and a ton of trades to back it, it is meaningless to ME. I want a secure transaction, I can never ask someone to "just trust me" and I would not allow myself to just trust anyone in a business transaction. Escrow service companies are your best friends.

•••

I paid with Paypal balance, I guess you are more covered if you pay with Paypal balance, if you pay by CC or bank account Paypal is just a mediator for payment, they get a fee, sure, but its not their money. Hope you can do something in the Bank,. Good luck. Was communicating with Eric yesterday via PM, so after the investigation, they will post an update. Also have fwd. the NPs stuff some msges I got about him from other helpful NPs members, but it seems that this scam was quite a big one and I wouldnt be surprised if multiple victims were involved.

•••
Hi,

I've bought a 4L domain under the privacy protect, now I think it was not his and he insisted to pay as a gift 900 USD by PayPal. So I did yesterday,, because I don't like for sellers to pay 5% mostly and offer them gift payment.. Now as of today his account

Robert

I tried flows you and respect your lesson but it's really unfortunate, i'm feeling unhappiness after getting this message.

I hope you get your hard earn money back as soon as possible.

•••
The difference was that @uglydork used "Send money to friends and family" (personal payment) and @decades80 used "Pay for goods or services" (business payment). Personal payments are not protected by PayPal at all, which is why scammers try to get buyers to use it.

We're still investigating and will have an update soon.

Hope that helps,

I thought PP provides a 180 day buyer protection and hence chargeback option?

•••
The difference was that @uglydork used "Send money to friends and family" (personal payment) and @decades80 used "Pay for goods or services" (business payment). Personal payments are not protected by PayPal at all, which is why scammers try to get buyers to use it.

Hope that helps,

hmmm... I think I saw decades say in 3rd post of this thread he paid it as gift too.

•••

chargeback option has nothing to do with buyer protection. they are independent. however, sometimes and usually, the 180 days claim open window paypal now offers (was 45 or 90 days just couple years back.. I forget which one but one of those two) does in most cases coincide also with chargeback deadline from CCs.. again, in most cases. it can vary based on card.

as matter of fact, apparently paypal gets hit with $100 fee of some sort each time soemone fiels CC chargeback. so by extending the window to 180 days to file claim, word is they wanted to avoid or reduce those $100 fee payments. cause when before people would file chargeback cause claim window would be over, now they can just open claim for 180 days. it was a great move for them to extend it to 180 days.

•••
hmmm... I think I saw decades say in 3rd post of this thread he paid it as gift too.
The seller requested that he send it as a gift (Personal payment), but @decades80 may not have (Could have even been an accident that he didn't). Usually PayPal will only reverse a personal payment (Gift) if it was sent by an unauthorized user (Someone hacked the PayPal account to send it).

Thanks,

•••
The seller requested that he send it as a gift (Personal payment), but @decades80 may not have (Could have even been an accident that he didn't). Usually PayPal will only reverse a personal payment (Gift) if it was sent by an unauthorized user (Someone hacked the PayPal account to send it).

Thanks,
I thought namepros outlawed personal gift payments, but I am seeing many people still requesting them, am I misinformed?

•••
I thought namepros outlawed personal gift payments, but I am seeing many people still requesting them, am I misinformed?

Here are details on that:
Please keep in mind that sending personal payments for purchases is against PayPal's Terms (ToS), not ours. NamePros does not enforce other sites' rules/ToS.

You're all correct that we used to have a rule about it years ago, but we don't enforce the rules of other sites at all anymore. If buyers and sellers want to send/receive payments as a gift (to "friends and family"), that is something we neither forbid nor encourage.

Hope that helps,

•••

Hope that helps,

Thanks for the clarification. I understood it as @uglydork paid normally (purchase of goods or its equivalent) and @decades80 paid via F&F (I think Decades80 even mentioned this explicitly). Since it is the other way around, it makes more sense now

•••
chargeback option has nothing to do with buyer protection. they are independent. however, sometimes and usually, the 180 days claim open window paypal now offers (was 45 or 90 days just couple years back.. I forget which one but one of those two) does in most cases coincide also with chargeback deadline from CCs.. again, in most cases. it can vary based on card.

as matter of fact, apparently paypal gets hit with $100 fee of some sort each time soemone fiels CC chargeback. so by extending the window to 180 days to file claim, word is they wanted to avoid or reduce those $100 fee payments. cause when before people would file chargeback cause claim window would be over, now they can just open claim for 180 days. it was a great move for them to extend it to 180 days.

Sorry, I referred to the buyer protection as paypal chargeback. I think my post was unclear and did not mean to refer to the CC chargebacks.

Also thank you for your additional insights. Good information to have for future reference

•••
Hi,

Robert

Details about @ZArunas

Name on PayPal Account:
  • Arunas Zygis
It appears you have cheated Paypal of a commission - and now you want Paypal to intervene?

•••
It appears you have cheated Paypal of a commission - and now you want Paypal to intervene?

Not speaking of Op's intent, he actually did pay via paypal for goods and not F&F so he did not actually cheat PP out of a commission...

•••
Not speaking of Op's intent, he actually did pay via paypal for goods and not F&F so he did not actually cheat PP out of a commission...
Sounds as though they did breach terms of use.

•••
•••
The method user to transfer the money was not meant to be used for commercial transactions.

•••
Sorry to hear that Decades80.

•••
I paid $400 for a great lesson - it could have been much more. Live and learn.

•••
Wow dude you help people all the time with parking and everything around here. I even enjoy reading your stuff. For someone to do this to a guy like you is just unreal.

•••
•••
In a nut shell do this method at your own risk. namepros is not liable if you do it,

I'm pretty sure namepros is not liable for anythning we do on namepros. so we don't really have to list for what things np is not liable.

cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back