Dynadot

warning Arunas Zygis stole $900 USD from me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

I've bought a 4L domain under the privacy protect, now I think it was not his and he insisted to pay as a gift 900 USD by PayPal. So I did yesterday,, because I don't like for sellers to pay 5% mostly and offer them gift payment.. Now as of today his account
@ZArunas is auto closed. :(
What can I do? I just made a dispute on PayPal for unauthorized transaction.
Thank you all in advance,

Robert

Details about ZArunas, ArzysArt

Name on PayPal Account:
  • Arunas Zygis
Email addresses:
  • State/Region: Kaunas
  • City: Kaunas
Real IP addresses (not proxies):
GoDaddy Account / Customer Numbers:
NameSilo Account Usernames:
  • arunasmacky
  • xarunasx
Phone Numbers:
  • +370 867480566 (real number)
  • +370 68578945
  • +370 67480566 (whois)
Domain Name: BXA.CO (Whois Record for 2017-03-30)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Organization: Zygis CO
  • Registrant Address1: Nidos 5-32
  • Registrant City: Vilnius
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus Apskritis
  • Registrant Postal Code: 06298
  • Registrant Country: Lithuania
  • Registrant Country Code: LT
  • Registrant Phone Number: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]
Domain Name: 0111.INFO (Whois Record for 2016-02-11)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Street: Jaunimo g.7
  • Registrant City: Jauniunai
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus aps.
  • Registrant Postal Code: 19008
  • Registrant Country: LT
  • Registrant Phone: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
maybe tell paypal, someone in your house used your account without your permission

•••
Paypal refunded me yesterday night, the full amount up to the cent. I believe it was a good thing to react quickly, do the dispute as soon as possible and write some tickets in their support system, because in such cases they are able to reverse payments, before they reach the bank account or card. I guess they can even freeze the connected Paypal accounts and, or payments. Thumbs up in this case for Paypal.
(y)

•••
So its lesson for us, take the deals through escrow service though we have to pay 5-10% more.

Thanks for the thread.

•••
I'm actually surprised Paypal returned the gift payment. Never heard about that. Congratulations!

•••
I'm actually surprised Paypal returned the gift payment. Never heard about that. Congratulations!

Wasn't a gift payment

•••
•••

Please see the entire thread. Lots of developments and modifications to the case in subsequent posts
Specifically:

The difference was that @uglydork used "Send money to friends and family" (personal payment) and @decades80 used "Pay for goods or services" (business payment). Personal payments are not protected by PayPal at all, which is why scammers try to get buyers to use it.

We're still investigating and will have an update soon.

Hope that helps,

•••
Sorry to hear...I had similar experience when I sent the money for services to someone like to friend...when using paypal - pay for anything as for service. In case the seller doesn't provide the item - you can get the money back by opening dispute. Otherwise - there is not possible to refund.

•••
try to contact paypal support, I know if you pay as gift they have no responsability, but I had excatly the same problem and paypal helped me.

•••
GOOD NEWS!

We've finished reviewing your unauthorized activity claim and you'll
receive a refund for the transaction amount. It may take up to 5 business
days for the funds to appear in your account.

Refunded

•••
I finally received all my money back today, I went through my bank who forced Paypal to reverse the transaction. I just had to jump through hoops with Paypal to prove I wasn't using the account for fraud - my account is restricted until they prove my identity. Ridiculous after all these years of no issues with them ever

•••
Congrats!! great news

"I finally received all my money back today" thus all that matters.

•••
I finally received all my money back today, I went through my bank who forced Paypal to reverse the transaction. I just had to jump through hoops with Paypal to prove I wasn't using the account for fraud - my account is restricted until they prove my identity. Ridiculous after all these years of no issues with them ever
Great news.. Congratulations. The situation with PP sucks though

•••
A big hassle, but nice to hear that you're getting your money back.

•••
Finally, the scammer went away with nothing and empty pockets... A lot of users learned the basics of domaining from this thread!

•••
This was a much needed thread - it can happen to you!
I verified everything with Paypal and its back to normal. Small price to pay

•••
Many times on namepros, I have seen a new person show up, and try to sell a 5-6 figure name in auction that is stolen, maybe there should be a cooling off period, or they should be forced to do transactions to kind of prove payment methods, and that they are not just here to swindle.

A new signup has to wait 10 days before selling, or reach a 3 feedback level.

Usually it takes a few days, or weeks to see a domain has been stolen, the turn around to signup a namepros account, and just go for it, puts members in a tough place. I know many can figure a sideways deal out, but we have many newcomers here also who trust the system, and can be easily caught up in trying to get ahead quickly.

This person not only took from people on a sale level, but every auction he was bidding in he cost those other bidders lots of money, the damage is much more far reaching.

•••
great news that you got your money back!

Last edited:
•••
But there is possible to check in the whois - to see who owns the domain...if the person sells - like me - I own just some domains but some of domains are owned of my partner who gave me accept to sell them...I think - if any doubts about buying from someone - there must be possible to prove the identity of the seller...

•••
Honestly, I usually only try to do deals in Paypal with VIP's because I know that isn't handed out to just anyone. I got ahead of myself and was distracted by my daughters BB game - it was all my fault working mobile and distracted. I only blame myself

•••
Honestly, I usually only try to do deals in Paypal with VIP's because I know that isn't handed out to just anyone.

VIP status means nothing. you sign up and post welcome messages in "Say hi to new members" thread and $x,xxx's in Appraisals section for a couple of months, you get likes and post number needed to get the status. not much work/time to spend. at the same time buy any 10 domains in Bargain section for total $50, give them all away for free in Freebies, gets you 10-20 positive trader reviews. then you become a VIP and can post 4 fig privacy protected names for sale fishing for a victim ready to pay via paypal gift to a VIP member with sales, likes and a cool avatar.. then when you got caught, change your vpn proxy from NY to CA, sign up again, rinse and repeat. dont forget to change your avatar...

•••
VIP status means nothing. you sign up and post welcome messages in "Say hi to new members" thread and $x,xxx's in Appraisals section for a couple of months, you get likes and post number needed to get the status. not much work/time to spend. at the same time buy any 10 domains in Bargain section for total $50, give them all away for free in Freebies, gets you 10-20 positive trader reviews. then you become a VIP and can post 4 fig privacy protected names for sale fishing for a victim ready to pay via paypal gift to a VIP member with sales, likes and a cool avatar.. then when you got caught, change your vpn proxy from NY to CA, sign up again, rinse and repeat. dont forget to change your avatar...

Come on, now! No need to be so negative! Yes, you have to take precautions, but all that work needed does provide additional layer of protection in dealings. It does take brains and time to write good posts, get likes etc.

From that perspective, nothing means anything! I assume someone like Dicker could have gotten all levels on any forum, which would not protect you from being cheated by him.

•••
Come on, now! No need to be so negative!

sorry, in a bad mood... my neighbor's cat turned out to be way fatter than mine, going to be deeply depressed over that for a couple of days... fucking neighbors and cats ...upping all bin prices on sedo plus 100% now

•••
Honestly, I usually only try to do deals in Paypal with VIP's because I know that isn't handed out to just anyone. I got ahead of myself and was distracted by my daughters BB game - it was all my fault working mobile and distracted. I only blame myself

Shane Bellone was a VIP too iirc... ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back