Dynadot

warning Arunas Zygis stole $900 USD from me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

I've bought a 4L domain under the privacy protect, now I think it was not his and he insisted to pay as a gift 900 USD by PayPal. So I did yesterday,, because I don't like for sellers to pay 5% mostly and offer them gift payment.. Now as of today his account
@ZArunas is auto closed. :(
What can I do? I just made a dispute on PayPal for unauthorized transaction.
Thank you all in advance,

Robert

Details about ZArunas, ArzysArt

Name on PayPal Account:
  • Arunas Zygis
Email addresses:
  • State/Region: Kaunas
  • City: Kaunas
Real IP addresses (not proxies):
GoDaddy Account / Customer Numbers:
NameSilo Account Usernames:
  • arunasmacky
  • xarunasx
Phone Numbers:
  • +370 867480566 (real number)
  • +370 68578945
  • +370 67480566 (whois)
Domain Name: BXA.CO (Whois Record for 2017-03-30)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Organization: Zygis CO
  • Registrant Address1: Nidos 5-32
  • Registrant City: Vilnius
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus Apskritis
  • Registrant Postal Code: 06298
  • Registrant Country: Lithuania
  • Registrant Country Code: LT
  • Registrant Phone Number: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]
Domain Name: 0111.INFO (Whois Record for 2016-02-11)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Street: Jaunimo g.7
  • Registrant City: Jauniunai
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus aps.
  • Registrant Postal Code: 19008
  • Registrant Country: LT
  • Registrant Phone: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another 'consequent - free' thing to find out if the 'other side' is really the owner, would be to simply ask him to switch the privacy off / on (maybe a few times) - only the owner can do this.
When it is off, you simply have to compare the email address - if it is the same like the one from he is writing with you, he should be the owner.
If it is not the same, better let it be and / or send a email to the email address of the domain's whois to find out more (or call the published phone number).
If the 'owner' (if) don't want to switch the privacy off / on for you, you should forget it (privacy is meant for the 'long term' and for the 'masses' primarily against spam and identity theft - but not for the case if you buy or sell a domain directly - there is no reason to hide your identity in a direct purchase / sale).
If you want to keep your identity private when purchasing / selling a domain, you can use a trading platform or a broker.

Last edited:
•••
Could we have a sort of neutral Moderatoror or 2 for collecting privately infos on which domains are sold by PMs on NPs the buyer or seller would simply report? So nobody could sell a domain 2 or 3 times here?:)

Would everyone be fine with that? No price necessary, no infos go public and its optional.

•••
.i left bitcointalk.org because of alot scammers ,i cant beleave this happened here , thats the only community i trust the members

•••
Scammers are bleeding over from Flippa because customer base at Flippa is so low.. NamePros will get some of those riftrafts.

•••
Given the number of transactions on NamePros, this is a very rare occurrence. However, it's impossible to prevent 100% of the time. There has never been an online marketplace our size that was able to prevent it 100% of the time, but we get as close to 100% prevention as the best of them. Our technology is state of the art, and we improve it all the time. On top of that, members help by bringing suspicious activity to our attention and helping in investigations. All of this combined makes NamePros very effective at fighting scammers, but it takes all of us working together and being careful in transactions to keep everyone safe.

i cant beleave this happened here , thats the only community i trust the members
Even if 999,000 of our members are 100% trustworthy, it only takes 1 to slip through the cracks to trick someone and steal from them. It's better to always be safe than sorry and use best practices.

Scammers are bleeding over from Flippa because customer base at Flippa is so low.. NamePros will get some of those riftrafts.
We've been fighting scammers before Flippa was born. ;)

We will provide another update soon.

Thanks again for your patience,

•••
So are u to tell me that this person walked away 900 usd, and paypal is refunding OP full? ~_~

I guess it is PayPal that gets the unicirn's horn then. . .? :xf.sick::xf.frown:

:-/

thank goodness tho fOr OP that u get ur yen back ^_^ yaay for a happy ending! <3

Last edited:
•••
@Jv1999 My understanding is that the offender would not have had enough time to withdraw the money from his account, so I don't think PayPal will take a hit here.

•••
Who says Paypal is losing anything? Rarely. They either have frozen funds in the account used. Have frozen another account if he in fact had multiple accounts. I've known them to seek out relatives of account holders to try and verify relationships and then apply pressure. Or they may have hit the perps backup funding source (bank account / credit card). Unlikely that Paypal lost anything here other than their fees. Not a company I would ever feel sorry for.

•••
@decades80, I am glad to hear you will be refunded.

However, we all should be careful. I sell mostly to end-users. If they contacted me then I ask for escrow if I cant verify their info or if they are not some serious company. When I do outbounds, I don't mind to send the domain even before payment is received because if I contacted them that means that I believe they are serious company. I doubt they would like to see their company name and their personal names all over the Internet because they failed to send payment after they took the domain ;)

Regarding forum trades....I might risk with $xx transactions, but in higher deals when I am the buyer I ask for escrow or to receive the domain before payment if the seller is not well known to me or if his/her account is not older than mine, or at least few years old with many positive ratings. If I am the seller, I mostly don't want to accept PayPal if the buyer is not well known member and/or with an aged account full of positive ratings. Chargebacks are very serious threat when dealing with PayPal.

I get scammed by a PayPal chargeback for mid $xxx on this forum few years ago and since then I am careful. I managed to get my domain back few months later and then sold it to normal person for similar amount, but lesson learned. I also bought some domains here and never received the domain, but in those cases I was refunded by PayPal as I send payment for product/service and wrote in description that it was for the domain name XY so I did not have problems when I opened disputes.

•••
•••
•••
Hi,

I've bought a 4L domain under the privacy protect, now I think it was not his and he insisted to pay as a gift 900 USD by PayPal. So I did yesterday,, because I don't like for sellers to pay 5% mostly and offer them gift payment.. Now as of today his account

Robert

Details about @ZArunas

Name on PayPal Account:
  • Arunas Zygis

Thanks for sharing! I hope you will get your money back!

•••
Hi,

Robert

Details about @ZArunas

Name on PayPal Account:
  • Arunas Zygis
Thanks for this information/Alert For Us. Hope you will get your money back.
Alert for us- Beware from paypal Gift payment.:xf.smile:

•••
Thanks for sharing! I hope you will get your money back!
Thanks for this information/Alert For Us. Hope you will get your money back.
Alert for us- Beware from paypal Gift payment.:xf.smile:
O_oAre you reading the previous messages or only comment? He has already received a positive reply from Paypal and will receive his money soon. Everything ended well for him...

•••
O_oAre you reading the previous messages or only comment? He has already received a positive reply from Paypal and will receive his money soon. Everything ended well for him...

Great! Somehow I didn't catch that. :)

•••
Glad to hear Paypal refunded that.

As Namesilo said, you can just list a domain that is at Namesilo in their Marketplace. Then you know you will get it and the fee paid by seller is just 7.5% - you could adjust price to reflect the fee if you wanted. Also you get the domain right away.

•••
Read this just today...

This lady had her site get hacked and found it for sale on Flippa. Her solution, she called in the FBI. Worked for her.

https://medium.freecodecamp.com/hac...0-sting-operation-to-get-it-back-143d43ee3742

I immediately transferred the domain into a different account and placed it (and all of my other domain names) on what amounted to lockdown. And then I called the wire transfer company and placed a stop on the payment.

Interesting that as soon as she got the domain back she was able to push it to another GD account - there are recent reported issues with GD pushes here.

•••
Paypal refunded me yesterday night, the full amount up to the cent. I believe it was a good thing to react quickly, do the dispute as soon as possible and write some tickets in their support system, because in such cases they are able to reverse payments, before they reach the bank account or card. I guess they can even freeze the connected Paypal accounts and, or payments. Thumbs up in this case for Paypal.

•••
Paypal refunded me yesterday night, the full amount up to the cent. I believe it was a good thing to react quickly, do the dispute as soon as possible and write some tickets in their support system, because in such cases they are able to reverse payments, before they reach the bank account or card. I guess they can even freeze the connected Paypal accounts and, or payments. Thumbs up in this case for Paypal.
Glad to hear that....

•••
Glad to hear that....

Thanks, actually Its a strange thing. You can not do a transaction dispute for Gift, but when you do an Unauthorized transaction dispute for "gift", you get a role as a buyer in the Dasboard and they send out an email to "seller". I wrote to Paypal 2 msges in the ticket system that I have a proof I was scammed and that I am really sorry, but this guy is no family or friend and ask them to reverse all the transactions he made in the last 24 hours to recover some of the funds. Because I knew its impossible to lie to Paypal, that somebody used my account from my IP.

•••
Nice of Paypal to help you even when the payment was marked as Gift. Thing is Paypal charges a fee for providing that extra protection when you mark a payment for goods or services. I think a lesson is learnt that protection is worth the fees.

•••
Interesting that as soon as she got the domain back she was able to push it to another GD account - there are recent reported issues with GD pushes here.
I'm more interested in like y or how she got her domain stolen -_-. . . Stuff like that always scares me :shiver: it sounded like her email got hacked, but she also says something confusing like the hacker used the webhost to authorize the transfer -- kinda like it had nothing to do with her email. . .

but in answer to ur msg, the article probably was written way after the recent GD changes. . .

•••
•••

Sorry I had to ask if you're associated with Flippa in any way. Your avatar/profile photo is of the model (?) who's also on Flippa's front page. Your avatar looks to have been cropped from that same image

Last edited:
•••
This is not allowed. Anyone asking you to leave feedback for a non-transaction must be reported.
How about making this a permanent quote on the free domains threads?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back