IT.COM

warning Arunas Zygis stole $900 USD from me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

I've bought a 4L domain under the privacy protect, now I think it was not his and he insisted to pay as a gift 900 USD by PayPal. So I did yesterday,, because I don't like for sellers to pay 5% mostly and offer them gift payment.. Now as of today his account
@ZArunas is auto closed. :(
What can I do? I just made a dispute on PayPal for unauthorized transaction.
Thank you all in advance,

Robert

Details about ZArunas, ArzysArt

Name on PayPal Account:
  • Arunas Zygis
Email addresses:
  • State/Region: Kaunas
  • City: Kaunas
Real IP addresses (not proxies):
GoDaddy Account / Customer Numbers:
NameSilo Account Usernames:
  • arunasmacky
  • xarunasx
Phone Numbers:
  • +370 867480566 (real number)
  • +370 68578945
  • +370 67480566 (whois)
Domain Name: BXA.CO (Whois Record for 2017-03-30)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Organization: Zygis CO
  • Registrant Address1: Nidos 5-32
  • Registrant City: Vilnius
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus Apskritis
  • Registrant Postal Code: 06298
  • Registrant Country: Lithuania
  • Registrant Country Code: LT
  • Registrant Phone Number: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]
Domain Name: 0111.INFO (Whois Record for 2016-02-11)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Street: Jaunimo g.7
  • Registrant City: Jauniunai
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus aps.
  • Registrant Postal Code: 19008
  • Registrant Country: LT
  • Registrant Phone: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GOOD NEWS!

yes I though so too

but when there no funds.. paypal doesn't pay you

..I am not making this up
a guy still ows me 363 euro
of not send goods
from an ebay deal

nobody cares
as "case closed"

We've finished reviewing your unauthorized activity claim and you'll
receive a refund for the transaction amount. It may take up to 5 business
days for the funds to appear in your account.

•••
Given the number of transactions on NamePros, this is a very rare occurrence. However, it's impossible to prevent 100% of the time. There has never been an online marketplace our size that was able to prevent it 100% of the time, but we get as close to 100% prevention as the best of them. Our technology is state of the art, and we improve it all the time. On top of that, members help by bringing suspicious activity to our attention and helping in investigations. All of this combined makes NamePros very effective at fighting scammers, but it takes all of us working together and being careful in transactions to keep everyone safe.

i cant beleave this happened here , thats the only community i trust the members
Even if 999,000 of our members are 100% trustworthy, it only takes 1 to slip through the cracks to trick someone and steal from them. It's better to always be safe than sorry and use best practices.

Scammers are bleeding over from Flippa because customer base at Flippa is so low.. NamePros will get some of those riftrafts.
We've been fighting scammers before Flippa was born. ;)

We will provide another update soon.

Thanks again for your patience,

•••
Paypal refunded me yesterday night, the full amount up to the cent. I believe it was a good thing to react quickly, do the dispute as soon as possible and write some tickets in their support system, because in such cases they are able to reverse payments, before they reach the bank account or card. I guess they can even freeze the connected Paypal accounts and, or payments. Thumbs up in this case for Paypal.

•••
Sorry to hear this OP.

What i'm going to say won't be popular but I would say goodbye to the money and use it as a learning experience. Some of the advice here is frankly horrible.

As others have mentioned a gift payment is exactly that not meant for business deals, Paypal masspay is there if you want to cover fees as the buyer. You have claimed an unauthorized transaction which is frankly 100% false as you did authorize it. If Paypal investigate and see your IP etc. matches up and you did approve it and used it for a business transaction you could very well lose your Paypal account for good.

If it were me I would cancel the dispute and move on unless you are happy to risk losing your Paypal account forever for $900.

Last edited:
•••
unless there is such a thing as hijacking np account and using it for evil things.. especially if it auto closes...
There is no evidence or reports of that happening, but we recommend everyone enable two-step verification on your NamePros account to keep it protected: https://www.namepros.com/account/two-step

He did some free domain giveaways here on NP and asked for trade feedback to pump his ratings up only to build trust
This is not allowed. Anyone asking you to leave feedback for a non-transaction must be reported. If we find it happening, both parties could be penalized. Please report.

As per my knowledge Auto Closed done by system when there were two accounts get open from same IP address. If that's true then fraudster still here on NP with another account.
We have been tracking this member closely and we're always adding more proxy/VPN bans to our blacklist to prevent anyone from using them on NamePros. It's a continuous process because as we block proxies, more become available. Anyone able to use them is only able to do so in that brief period of time of a new proxy becoming available and us blocking it, but persistent scammers will keep finding new proxies to use so doing your due diligence and following best practices in deals is always important.

why was not his account closed back then?
It was closed back then and still is closed. This is a different account with different proxies being used.

We are gathering information and will post an update once we finish our investigation.

Thanks for your patience,

•••
So as a rule... you can always ask the owner of a domain to make a specific change to whois so you can be assured they are the actual owner.
But somebody who stole a domain will have no problem doing that...
Also, altering the whois may trigger a transfer lock. So I would be hesitant do to that unless I know the other party is going to buy the domain, or accept a push. I'd rather add a TXT record in the DNS, than touch the whois record.

•••
give them all away for free in Freebies, gets you 10-20 positive trader reviews
As I already said, that is not allowed on NamePros.

then when you got caught, change your vpn proxy from NY to CA, sign up again, rinse and repeat. dont forget to change your avatar...
That will result in the person being branded as a scammer forever. A very steep price to pay for a couple small scams that have a small chance of working (As we saw, the scammer gained nothing from these two scams). Also, we block all abused proxies/VPNs.

Given the consequences of being caught and the level of difficulty due to our technologies, it is not worth the effort for any sane person. Very little gets by us and the repercussions are severe. We take fraud seriously and have zero tolerance for it. Let that be a warning to anyone who ever considers it. ;)

•••
Update:

I purchased the domain Buqe.com from Namesilo.com on June 24th, 2017. At that time, I was not aware that this domain was stolen. It was listed on Namesilo marketplace with a "Buy it Now" price!

Then, I submitted it to the NamePros Top Domains section. On July 10th, 2017, I got an alert from NamePros Admin saying that my listing in the Top Domains section is under investigation. I messaged @Eric Lyon and asked the reason for it. He then told me that Arunas stole the domain Buqe.com from @domainler!!!

https://www.namepros.com/threads/can-you-help-me-buqe-com.998258/#post-5968774

During this period (June 24th - July 10th), I did try to sell this domain to other NP members (Those who were seeking to buy CVCV domains in the "Domains Wanted" section) as I was not aware that it was stolen. However, on July 10th, once I realized that this domain was stolen from @domainler, I immediately got in touch with him through private message and transferred the domain back to him.

It was my fault. I should have done proper research before buying this domain. Had I known this domain was stolen, I would have never purchased it.

However, at the same time, I am disappointed with NameSilo as well. According to this thread and the below post, they had some idea that Buqe.com had a bad history/was stolen.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/arunas-zygis-stole-900-usd-from-me.1009388/page-3#post-6070001

Being the registrar, they could have easily put this domain on hold or prevented it from being listed on their marketplace. I know it was not intentional but a tiny slip from their end. However, that mistake caused me a lot of undue stress and monetary loss. Having said that, I am glad that the original owner @domainler got back his domain.

@namesilo: Would it be possible for me to get a refund? I have all the details (the invoice from NameSilo, purchase date, etc)

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
I hope you get your money back @decades80

People need to understand that the money they steal is not some kind of a 'profit', @ZArunas will face a bigger loss and those $900 will never benefit him in any way.

•••
•••
Unfortunately, in cases such as this one, and there is not much we can offer in the way of recourse. As much as we would like to, we cannot intervene in private-party sales in which we were not involved in the transaction(s).

Being the registrar, they could have easily put this domain on hold or prevented it from being listed on their marketplace. I know it was not intentional but a tiny slip from their end. However, that mistake caused me a lot of undue stress and monetary loss. Having said that, I am glad that the original owner @domainler got back his domain.

@namesilo: Would it be possible for me to get a refund? I have all the details (the invoice from NameSilo, purchase date, etc)

@namesilo - I would very much like to see a happy ending in this.

Being that the sale occurred on your marketplace, and you had prior knowledge of this domain being red flagged - I hope you do the right thing.

Not to influence your decision - but I'm inclined to say I will stop using Namesilo if this isn't resolved properly. Alternatively, also in appreciation of your NP presence, I will start using Namesilo more often if you do the right thing.

•••
Hello. Please email our support team so that we can research this issue further and discuss any possible options. We can be reached at [email protected]. Thanks

I got the refund. Thank you @namesilo.

I really appreciate this gesture from Namesilo. They were very helpful and supportive. I will definitely do more business with NameSilo in the future.

Thanks once again!

•••
Sorry to hear that, I hope you manage to get out of this... and recover your money.

I would never buy a privacy protected name... first you make him take off privacy protection, check whois, and then proceed with caution.

•••
He got me for $400 for the same names. I did the deal Saturday - by the time I sorted through everything it was Tuesday. Paypal flat out refused to do anything and referred me to my bank. I have a dispute open with them. I have USAA as a bank because I was in the military and they treat me well. We will see if I get it back.
I look at this as a $400 lesson. I am too trusting.

•••
The difference was that @uglydork used "Send money to friends and family" (personal payment) and @decades80 used "Pay for goods or services" (business payment). Personal payments are not protected by PayPal at all, which is why scammers try to get buyers to use it.

We're still investigating and will have an update soon.

Hope that helps,

I thought PP provides a 180 day buyer protection and hence chargeback option?

•••
•••
.. dont like for sellers to pay 5% mostly and offer them gift payment..

It's very kind of you to give him $900 gift. :facepalm:

I do hope you get your money back and learn from this in the future.

•••

Even though he has 11 positive trade reviews, if we look a little deeper, some of the accounts he dealt with are newer accounts and some have don't have high post counts either which makes you wonder. 9 of those trade reviews were in the last month.

Just an observation.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I believe the "newest" trick now is to make some transactions for few bucks, grow your posts and likes and than put in a signature you have 3.000 USD budget.

•••
If you paid by credit card to paypal for the transaction, you can ask your creditcard company to reject the transaction. if the funds were taken from your bank account, you can ask your bank to reject it also. Credit card has a better chance.

Good luck

•••
•••
@ZArunas was a typical scammer I believe. He did some free domain giveaways here on NP and asked for trade feedback to pump his ratings up only to build trust (I left him feedback as well but used the 'trader' option instead of 'seller'/'buyer', as did some other people who left feedback for him.). And when he finally got in sight of a bigger transaction via Paypal he just walked away with the money.

Interesting, one of his trade reviews actually says: "Thanks for freebie ." How strange the account which left it is now auto-closed as well.

Disgusting behavior, but the lesson is here for everybody to learn from. Never use Paypal for transactions this high, no matter who the seller is and how many positive reviews he/she has. Business is business.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I process all payments via credit card directly at my business unless you give me a money order. If I sell a domain at 5k I ask $125 (2.5%) to cover the fees. They can then have the domain immediately. They do however have to sign an invoice authorizing the charge to their credit card.

They can chose to wait for the bank draft with no fees but still have to sign a bill of sale.

I have had people ask for escrow but I tell them its a business, they get my real address and a real invoice and and all my whois on hundreds of domains is open. You want my domain you deal my way so that I do not get ripped off... period. I do not need escrow to sell to end users. In fact my way works so well that I have never been ripped off in all my years of business.

That said, I have had some pretty shady people contact me out of the blue on namePro and offer me insane deals on domains. If I suspect anything I ask them to make whois public and add a 3 digit code to their name. If I see the whois change then I know its their domain.

So as a rule... you can always ask the owner of a domain to make a specific change to whois so you can be assured they are the actual owner. Sites like sedo do it all the time so they can be assured you are the real owner.

Last edited:
•••
I finally received all my money back today, I went through my bank who forced Paypal to reverse the transaction. I just had to jump through hoops with Paypal to prove I wasn't using the account for fraud - my account is restricted until they prove my identity. Ridiculous after all these years of no issues with them ever

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back