IT.COM

Domain Stolen - PayPal Chargeback

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bro

Registered DomainerTop Member
Impact
xxxxxxxxx.com

It was sold at ebay for $787, listing type: buy it now.

Ebay userid: 948753963
Buyer Name: *******
Buyer Email: ********
Transaction Amount: $787,00 USD
Transaction Date: 4 Nov 2015
Reason for Dispute: Unauthorized payment
Chargeback Reason Code: 83

Chargeback Amount: $787,00 USD
Chargeback Date: 18 Nov 2015

Domain is registered with Godaddy.com

Here is Whois details...

Registrant Name: Mike Bands
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 2309 s cypress bend dr apt 312
Registrant City: cypress bend
Registrant State/Province: FL
Registrant Postal Code: 33069
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.3344226279
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.3344226279
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Domain is still at godaddy.

I have no idea how to proceed with this, could someone please guide me on this.

Thanks,
bro

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 12.52.34.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 12.52.34.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am sorry to hear this. I lost 4 just a few days ago. I hope you get this back.

I would assume that eBay had the seller protection through Paypal payment to make sure this does not happen. I would contact paypal immediately and ebay. That is probably where you would start. My situation was different so I can't think of anything else I can advice you on.

Someone also told me that Paypal protects domain name transactions. So that may also help you.

•••
Sh*t that's terrible! Aren't you the one who was posting about getting ripped off on Flippa lately too?

That's a horrible run of luck.

•••
Yes, you have a chance. First email godaddy. Then paypal. Then if it has your whoism ICANN would get it back.

Please check whois and see if your info is still there. Make Cut and pastes, screenshots as evidence. And visit ICANN and register a complaint of theft.

•••
Yes it's me. Just woke up to this chargeback email :(

Thanks netklick. I can't even figure out how to request cancellation on ebay success fee, as it makes it domain + $80 loss. just uploaded screenshots of email exchange, delivery confirmation, positive feedback etc. to paypal and explained the situation, but i guess since it's a case of "Unauthorized payment", these things won't matter much to them.

I only hope if somehow i can get the domain back and have ebay success fee cancelled.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 13.28.30.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 13.28.30.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 15.31.22.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 15.31.22.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 44
•••
Why would it be an unauthorized payment? Did you contact godaddy to revert?

•••
That's what paypal says, payment is reversed by the bank, I will contact godaddy support now.

•••
Also contact the buyer once and explain the situation. Maybe he didn't steal it. PayPal suspected fraud and did this? In that case you'll find the buyer posting here that he got scammed by you!

Good Luck bro! Let me know how if you face issue. Mine was also stolen once. I contacted ICANN and because of public whois and the thief not changing whois, I got my domain back! Also they thief was at a lost as he had renewed for a year!

Since then all my whois is public.

•••
I contacted him, i doubt he is going to reply me ever.

While dealing with him i did my best to make sure he isn't a fraud, by emailing him few times on paypal ID, taking my time etc. he could hardly write anything in English, while his address was in US, so i was not sure from the begining, but then i thought he might be a Chinese investor lol

Thanks bcola, I will try what you have suggested about ICANN :)

•••
If you moved domain less than 7 days from godaddy push. You can get domain back by contacting godaddy.

•••
Next time use a escrow service instead of paypal to prevent chargebacks. Also BitCoin payments are safe as there are no chargebacks! Xapo.com is the way for accepting and exchanging bitcoins the easy way if you are in US/EU.

•••
Email from godaddy says - "please contact us within 15 days at [email protected]."

When i tried last time, when someone scammed me at ebay for a $30 domain, they responded with they can't reverse the domain push, since i initiated it.

•••
They also have a phone number, call them up and act dumb and say that you got scammed and the other party gave instructions to do the push and that it is not your fault.

When they mention that you pushed it. Good Luck! You will get it back bro! Get going, being here now would waste your time.

You could also say that you wanted to push it to your other godaddy account (if don't have one, create one) and the browser filled in the data via autofill and its not your fault. Something in that line...

•••
I sent them link to this thread, let's hope they read it :)

•••
•••
I am sorry @bro I could not reply to your PM today morning.
I suspect that the buyer has used a VPN to make payment so that he can easily file an unauthorised chargeback. If he has used a dedicated VPN it would be difficult for you.
Anyway Chargeback is against ToS of Paypal. When a buyer does the chargeback, it is against Paypal and not against the seller. Paypal does not like Chargeback and might take action against the buyer. Anyway you call paypal and explain everything. I hope you have evidence of domain transfer ready. I also feel that you should contact registrar and tell them detail. You have slim chance of getting the domain back.

•••
Godaddy always returns stolen domains if they are in godaddy system and didn't go to another register. Don't email them tons of junk. Email to say NAME IS STOLEN. I WANT IT BACK BEFORE IT LEAVES GODADDY REGISTAR. They will ask u to fill out the form and u get your name back.

•••
Thanks Sam, I did all of what you have mentioned, and yeah agree with the slim chance of getting it back. for now I am looking into how to cancel ebay success fee, as i am being robbed at ebay too, so i will call them today.

Last edited:
•••
Contact NamePros member @Joe Styler. He can help you.

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy always returns stolen domains if they are in godaddy system and didn't go to another register. Don't email them tons of junk. Email to say NAME IS STOLEN. I WANT IT BACK BEFORE IT LEAVES GODADDY REGISTAR. They will ask u to fill out the form and u get your name back.

Yes that is a good point.

•••
•••
I don't think it is case of stolen domain. the IP from where transfer is done will be noted. I don't advise to lie before godaddy. Rather bro can tell the truth and give evidence of everything. Godaddy might get it back for seller though it is unlikely.
The dispute should be fought on eBay and paypal platform. It is time consuming.
@bro what is the name of that buyer? He could be active scammer.

Last edited:
•••
Ebay userid: 948753963
Mail id : [email protected]

I won't post paypal email id, as the person might be just a victim in this. but the scammer had access to it and replied to me few times.

Edit: e*d*d*y*y*a*l*a*[email protected]

I wrote to godaddy support about ebay situation and gave a link to this thread.

•••
@sam roy I agree one should not lie. Yes, in godaddy's view, this would be just an account transfer. Theft is the bigger picture. Since OP got scammed and the money and domain may be gone quick. It may be necessary to tell white lies if there is no other way.

•••
If domain is moved without payment, Its THEFT and FRAUD. Domain is been stolen because there is no payment for it. I had similar situations many times with godaddy. I was also on receiving end of this Scam. I paid through ebay for domain and then person got his domain back after he pushed it to me! I eventually worked it out and got the domain. @samroy I did not say to LIE about anything. Its distortion of what I said. @samroy I don't think we should listen to your advice since you TWISTING and MAKING UP STUFF about other people's statements.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back