Dynadot

Domain Stolen - PayPal Chargeback

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bro

Registered DomainerTop Member
Impact
xxxxxxxxx.com

It was sold at ebay for $787, listing type: buy it now.

Ebay userid: 948753963
Buyer Name: *******
Buyer Email: ********
Transaction Amount: $787,00 USD
Transaction Date: 4 Nov 2015
Reason for Dispute: Unauthorized payment
Chargeback Reason Code: 83

Chargeback Amount: $787,00 USD
Chargeback Date: 18 Nov 2015

Domain is registered with Godaddy.com

Here is Whois details...

Registrant Name: Mike Bands
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 2309 s cypress bend dr apt 312
Registrant City: cypress bend
Registrant State/Province: FL
Registrant Postal Code: 33069
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.3344226279
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.3344226279
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Domain is still at godaddy.

I have no idea how to proceed with this, could someone please guide me on this.

Thanks,
bro

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 12.52.34.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 12.52.34.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DO NOT LIE ABOUT ANYTHING!!!! TELL GODADDY EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. DOMAIN IS STOLEN USING CREDIT CARD FRAUD

•••
If you got PREMIUM account. Contact your account manager. They will fix this for u right away. If u do a lot of business with godaddy and they always act very swift and remedy the situation.

•••
I have a regular account with over 100 domains, but yes i do a lot of business at godaddy, pushed over 1000 domains to different buyers in last couple of years. I am registered with godaddy since 2006 and never had any issues, except these 2 scams. There was one more scam that took place at flippa, but the domain was so crappy, i would have given for free lol, and i actually feel bad for the guy for renewing it and paying for WHOIS privacy :P

•••
@Kushan64 I did not mean to offend you. I am sorry if there is any misunderstanding. I have removed tags.
@bro you can message me the name of the buyer. I have list of some domain scammers.

•••
Got this info:

MASTER PIECES, LLC
(954) 553-98261899 NW 29 St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
[email protected]
http://www.masterpiecesllc.com

Yalan Quintana, Edilberto [email protected]
Keller Williams Boca Raton, (561) 997-0500
7280 W Palmetto Park Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33433
7280 W Palmetto Park Rd
Suite 110
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Office: (561) 997-0500

http://masterpiecesllc.com/
FOR SALES (954)553-9826 | OFFICE (954)530-3687

Appears in this paste:
http://www.skymem.com/xdoc/document-2015-8-21t03-13-14-4588z-7ef3d02ddd7d4347bf160f6d90d3509e

So maybe scammer was using stolen identity?

According to https://breachalarm.com/ and https://haveibeenpwned.com/ , that account was pwned once.

•••
Just food for thought. I have had cases where payment came out of spouse's bank account and spouse called bank and disputed it as unauthorized. Those things happen.

•••
@samroy I don't think we should listen to your advice since you TWISTING and MAKING UP STUFF about other people's statements.

@ksusha64 , he was addressing me wrt to the idea to tell a white lie in post #13.

•••
@korganian

Here is his ebay profile. He does seem like a troublemaker

I should slow down and take a lot longer before throwing around "Great buyer, highly recommended, A++".

Last edited:
•••
@bro I quickly scanned his profile. the guy could be scammer. he has only five feedback. He has also a negative feedback, where the buyer of his listing complains.

•••
@korganian

Here is his ebay profile. He does seem like a troublemaker

I should slow down and take a lot longer before throwing around "Great buyer, highly recommended, A++".

Have you checked what stuff he keeps buying? Domains, BitCoins and Video Games. And as a seller, he has a negative feedback.

You mentioned that he writes broken english right? In that case he couldn't be the business owner mentioned above. It could be his teenage kid or someone who uses his identity.

•••
@bcola, it seems he writes as little as possible to not be detected as someone who does not use English on daily basis, because Eddy Yalan is based in US. Either it's Eddy Yalan himself playing games, or someone who has access to his gmail for years, same email address that is being used for both, paypal and ebay.

Feedback left for others "recommended", "fast delivery", "goog seller", "fast".

Push details:

Account number 115197712
email:[email protected]

Looking at the account number, it seems to be a new account, with 9 digits.

Last edited:
•••
It seems i won't get back the name. reply from @Joe Styler

I am sorry to hear about the name. It seems to be a horrible situation. If you moved the domain name to the other person we cannot reverse it. We can only investigate cases where your account was accessed by unauthorized people You will need to work with EBay and paypal to show that you were able to move the domain name to them and see what guarantees they have in place to secure the funds they collect. They should have things in place to protect you for this and secure the sale as it happened on their platform. If the sale took place on our Aftermarket we would verify the funds and make sure they were good before telling you to release the domain.

Any recommended registrar, that listens in such cases?

Last edited:
•••
Create a website about him. This looks like a job for the Real Shane (to the rescue)

GL

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I feel like laughing and I feel sorry!

•••
Bombarding paypal in dispute notes with every little details, regardless of win or loss :)

•••
•••
Now you maybe able to get your money back by contacting paypal. You can cite that page and say someone scammed you via a compromised ebay account and it is ebay's fault!

•••
I highly doubt it, it's just one of those blogspot accounts where they share such stuff. Post is recent though, from 2015-10-13. I did send them this link in dispute notes, and mentioned about email id and password listed on the page. I am not expecting money back, a lesson for me to use Escrow services more often specially with liquid domains

•••
1) Get a hard copy of whois history that shows your info before, and the buyers info after. Use domain tools if you have an account.

2) Go to your local police station and file a fraud claim submitting the whois info for the file. Sometimes the police are reluctant to take your claim, but by law they have too.

3) Submit the whois history and the police report to Paypal.

Once Paypal gets the police report, you should get your money back quickly.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
•••
Got a reply, but i doubt he will push back domain. He seems to be in mexico, that's why fake profile of Eddy Yalan on facebook has mostly Mexican friends.

Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:33:32 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 2607:f8b0:4003:c06::244 as permitted sender) client-ip=2607:f8b0:4003:c06::244;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 2607:f8b0:4003:c06::244 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=[email protected];
dkim=pass [email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 23.57.47.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 23.57.47.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 26
•••
After several email exchanges, got my domain back. and it turns out the individual from eddyyalan.com was responsible for all this, and it's the fear of ruining his reputation he has returned back the domain.

I need to get my domain unlisted from searches so i can resell it in future.

Thanks to all who contributed in this topic.

•••
Congratulation. You must have relieved now :)

•••
Yes Sam, I bombarded him with emails on all email accounts, connected the dots, confirmed there is no unauthorized access, it's just him trying to steal the name. right now he is reading it, a middle aged guy with no shame.

•••
Back