IT.COM

warning Arunas Zygis stole $900 USD from me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

I've bought a 4L domain under the privacy protect, now I think it was not his and he insisted to pay as a gift 900 USD by PayPal. So I did yesterday,, because I don't like for sellers to pay 5% mostly and offer them gift payment.. Now as of today his account
@ZArunas is auto closed. :(
What can I do? I just made a dispute on PayPal for unauthorized transaction.
Thank you all in advance,

Robert

Details about ZArunas, ArzysArt

Name on PayPal Account:
  • Arunas Zygis
Email addresses:
  • State/Region: Kaunas
  • City: Kaunas
Real IP addresses (not proxies):
GoDaddy Account / Customer Numbers:
NameSilo Account Usernames:
  • arunasmacky
  • xarunasx
Phone Numbers:
  • +370 867480566 (real number)
  • +370 68578945
  • +370 67480566 (whois)
Domain Name: BXA.CO (Whois Record for 2017-03-30)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Organization: Zygis CO
  • Registrant Address1: Nidos 5-32
  • Registrant City: Vilnius
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus Apskritis
  • Registrant Postal Code: 06298
  • Registrant Country: Lithuania
  • Registrant Country Code: LT
  • Registrant Phone Number: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]
Domain Name: 0111.INFO (Whois Record for 2016-02-11)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Street: Jaunimo g.7
  • Registrant City: Jauniunai
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus aps.
  • Registrant Postal Code: 19008
  • Registrant Country: LT
  • Registrant Phone: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shane Bellone was a VIP too iirc... ;)

For one such negative experience as above, there are tens/hundreds of positive ones. I have done many paypal transactions here, including "gift", fully realizing the risk (and deeming it very low once I knew enough about my counterpart). For example, if a guy has a thread on NP and sells tens of domains for months/years, the chance that he'd screw me over $1K is less than 0.1% (subjective probability).

•••
give them all away for free in Freebies, gets you 10-20 positive trader reviews
As I already said, that is not allowed on NamePros.

then when you got caught, change your vpn proxy from NY to CA, sign up again, rinse and repeat. dont forget to change your avatar...
That will result in the person being branded as a scammer forever. A very steep price to pay for a couple small scams that have a small chance of working (As we saw, the scammer gained nothing from these two scams). Also, we block all abused proxies/VPNs.

Given the consequences of being caught and the level of difficulty due to our technologies, it is not worth the effort for any sane person. Very little gets by us and the repercussions are severe. We take fraud seriously and have zero tolerance for it. Let that be a warning to anyone who ever considers it. ;)

•••
For one such negative experience as above, there are tens/hundreds of positive ones. I have done many paypal transactions here, including "gift", fully realizing the risk (and deeming it very low once I knew enough about my counterpart). For example, if a guy has a thread on NP and sells tens of domains for months/years, the chance that he'd screw me over $1K is less than 0.1% (subjective probability).

Sure.. Please note, I'm not claiming that VIP members are crooks or scammers. I was only pointing out that it is not necessarily a 100% safety accreditation. While the chance may be less than 0.1% (Though I don't agree with the figure), it only takes 1 bad transaction to cause substantial loss and lose faith!

That said, it is, as always, your prerogative to trust who you want. I prefer not taking a risk (I'm probably more risk averse) for amounts larger than a couple of 100 $$$s

Ps. My original comment about Shane was tongue in cheek and not generalizing or characterising the rest of the domain community (especially VIP).

Last edited:
•••
The guys adress is readily available on the net.

•••
•••
•••
So its everything fine at the end, if we eliminate the stress from equation. @Eric Lyon can you post an update? Were more people involved? have you linked this fraud to any others in the past? Have you found a network of vicious NPs accounts?

•••
•••
Feel for you man, back in the day got scammed with the old "appraisal before I buy" trick!

•••
For my experience! If you did this
'I just made a dispute on PayPal for unauthorized transaction.'

Then you have probably shot yourself in the foot, as it wasn't unauthorized at all.
If they investigate and see the payment came from your IP address then you are telling them lies and they will crap over you from a great height.

What happened was you never received the goods, which is the reason you reported this to them. If the seller cannot prove delivery, you should get your money refunded, but never try to bullshit them.

If you paid as a GIFT, then your ONLY chance is making it a unauthorized payment, but before you're doing that, there are ONLY two options:

1. If you paid with your Paypal balance, then it's hard to get your money back!
2. If you paid with credit card via Paypal, then you have to gives to your BANK a GOOD reason that your card was used with a third party and you're not Authorized that payment, then the BANK will contact Paypal about that! It's all about your BANK decision, if they say "YES" the payment was unauthorized, then Paypal have to gives you back your funds, if "NOT" then say goodbye and take it as an experience!

Lessons I've learned so far:
1. Don't Bullshit with Paypal
2. Pay always with Goods and services
3. If you decide to pay as a GIFT, Pay with your credit card, 50% probability you'll get your money Back if you make the payment as unathorized.
4. USE escrow services.

Hope that helps!

•••
a one google search proves He's not trust worthy

Arunas Zygis

•••
Update:

I purchased the domain Buqe.com from Namesilo.com on June 24th, 2017. At that time, I was not aware that this domain was stolen. It was listed on Namesilo marketplace with a "Buy it Now" price!

Then, I submitted it to the NamePros Top Domains section. On July 10th, 2017, I got an alert from NamePros Admin saying that my listing in the Top Domains section is under investigation. I messaged @Eric Lyon and asked the reason for it. He then told me that Arunas stole the domain Buqe.com from @domainler!!!

https://www.namepros.com/threads/can-you-help-me-buqe-com.998258/#post-5968774

During this period (June 24th - July 10th), I did try to sell this domain to other NP members (Those who were seeking to buy CVCV domains in the "Domains Wanted" section) as I was not aware that it was stolen. However, on July 10th, once I realized that this domain was stolen from @domainler, I immediately got in touch with him through private message and transferred the domain back to him.

It was my fault. I should have done proper research before buying this domain. Had I known this domain was stolen, I would have never purchased it.

However, at the same time, I am disappointed with NameSilo as well. According to this thread and the below post, they had some idea that Buqe.com had a bad history/was stolen.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/arunas-zygis-stole-900-usd-from-me.1009388/page-3#post-6070001

Being the registrar, they could have easily put this domain on hold or prevented it from being listed on their marketplace. I know it was not intentional but a tiny slip from their end. However, that mistake caused me a lot of undue stress and monetary loss. Having said that, I am glad that the original owner @domainler got back his domain.

@namesilo: Would it be possible for me to get a refund? I have all the details (the invoice from NameSilo, purchase date, etc)

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
That was very nice of you @vinodnair . True and honest actions... Kudos to you

•••
•••
Shane Bellone is still a VIP in many peoples eyes.
I meant the VIP badge on NP and not the generic meaning of the abbreviation VIP

•••
Unfortunately, in cases such as this one, and there is not much we can offer in the way of recourse. As much as we would like to, we cannot intervene in private-party sales in which we were not involved in the transaction(s).

Being the registrar, they could have easily put this domain on hold or prevented it from being listed on their marketplace. I know it was not intentional but a tiny slip from their end. However, that mistake caused me a lot of undue stress and monetary loss. Having said that, I am glad that the original owner @domainler got back his domain.

@namesilo: Would it be possible for me to get a refund? I have all the details (the invoice from NameSilo, purchase date, etc)

@namesilo - I would very much like to see a happy ending in this.

Being that the sale occurred on your marketplace, and you had prior knowledge of this domain being red flagged - I hope you do the right thing.

Not to influence your decision - but I'm inclined to say I will stop using Namesilo if this isn't resolved properly. Alternatively, also in appreciation of your NP presence, I will start using Namesilo more often if you do the right thing.

•••
Update:

I purchased the domain Buqe.com from Namesilo.com on June 24th, 2017. At that time, I was not aware that this domain was stolen. It was listed on Namesilo marketplace with a "Buy it Now" price!

Then, I submitted it to the NamePros Top Domains section. On July 10th, 2017, I got an alert from NamePros Admin saying that my listing in the Top Domains section is under investigation. I messaged @Eric Lyon and asked the reason for it. He then told me that Arunas stole the domain Buqe.com from @domainler!!!

https://www.namepros.com/threads/can-you-help-me-buqe-com.998258/#post-5968774

During this period (June 24th - July 10th), I did try to sell this domain to other NP members (Those who were seeking to buy CVCV domains in the "Domains Wanted" section) as I was not aware that it was stolen. However, on July 10th, once I realized that this domain was stolen from @domainler, I immediately got in touch with him through private message and transferred the domain back to him.

It was my fault. I should have done proper research before buying this domain. Had I known this domain was stolen, I would have never purchased it.

However, at the same time, I am disappointed with NameSilo as well. According to this thread and the below post, they had some idea that Buqe.com had a bad history/was stolen.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/arunas-zygis-stole-900-usd-from-me.1009388/page-3#post-6070001

Thanks!

@namesilo: Any updates?

•••
•••
Lesson learned - Escrow for everything unless its people I deal with all the time.

Simpler one, don't send as friends or family to anyone you don't know. Let them pay the fee.

•••
Hello. Please email our support team so that we can research this issue further and discuss any possible options. We can be reached at [email protected]. Thanks

I got the refund. Thank you @namesilo.

I really appreciate this gesture from Namesilo. They were very helpful and supportive. I will definitely do more business with NameSilo in the future.

Thanks once again!

•••
•••
Shane Bellone was a VIP too iirc... ;)

and a PRO too..one of the founders to be specific...

NameSilo is one of my favourite registrars btw

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back