IT.COM

warning Arunas Zygis stole $900 USD from me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

I've bought a 4L domain under the privacy protect, now I think it was not his and he insisted to pay as a gift 900 USD by PayPal. So I did yesterday,, because I don't like for sellers to pay 5% mostly and offer them gift payment.. Now as of today his account
@ZArunas is auto closed. :(
What can I do? I just made a dispute on PayPal for unauthorized transaction.
Thank you all in advance,

Robert

Details about ZArunas, ArzysArt

Name on PayPal Account:
  • Arunas Zygis
Email addresses:
  • State/Region: Kaunas
  • City: Kaunas
Real IP addresses (not proxies):
GoDaddy Account / Customer Numbers:
NameSilo Account Usernames:
  • arunasmacky
  • xarunasx
Phone Numbers:
  • +370 867480566 (real number)
  • +370 68578945
  • +370 67480566 (whois)
Domain Name: BXA.CO (Whois Record for 2017-03-30)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Organization: Zygis CO
  • Registrant Address1: Nidos 5-32
  • Registrant City: Vilnius
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus Apskritis
  • Registrant Postal Code: 06298
  • Registrant Country: Lithuania
  • Registrant Country Code: LT
  • Registrant Phone Number: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]
Domain Name: 0111.INFO (Whois Record for 2016-02-11)
  • Registrant Name: Arunas Zygis
  • Registrant Street: Jaunimo g.7
  • Registrant City: Jauniunai
  • Registrant State/Province: Vilniaus aps.
  • Registrant Postal Code: 19008
  • Registrant Country: LT
  • Registrant Phone: +370.67480566
  • Registrant Email: [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Jv1999 My understanding is that the offender would not have had enough time to withdraw the money from his account, so I don't think PayPal will take a hit here.

•••
@decades80, I am glad to hear you will be refunded.

However, we all should be careful. I sell mostly to end-users. If they contacted me then I ask for escrow if I cant verify their info or if they are not some serious company. When I do outbounds, I don't mind to send the domain even before payment is received because if I contacted them that means that I believe they are serious company. I doubt they would like to see their company name and their personal names all over the Internet because they failed to send payment after they took the domain ;)

Regarding forum trades....I might risk with $xx transactions, but in higher deals when I am the buyer I ask for escrow or to receive the domain before payment if the seller is not well known to me or if his/her account is not older than mine, or at least few years old with many positive ratings. If I am the seller, I mostly don't want to accept PayPal if the buyer is not well known member and/or with an aged account full of positive ratings. Chargebacks are very serious threat when dealing with PayPal.

I get scammed by a PayPal chargeback for mid $xxx on this forum few years ago and since then I am careful. I managed to get my domain back few months later and then sold it to normal person for similar amount, but lesson learned. I also bought some domains here and never received the domain, but in those cases I was refunded by PayPal as I send payment for product/service and wrote in description that it was for the domain name XY so I did not have problems when I opened disputes.

•••
Glad to hear that....

Thanks, actually Its a strange thing. You can not do a transaction dispute for Gift, but when you do an Unauthorized transaction dispute for "gift", you get a role as a buyer in the Dasboard and they send out an email to "seller". I wrote to Paypal 2 msges in the ticket system that I have a proof I was scammed and that I am really sorry, but this guy is no family or friend and ask them to reverse all the transactions he made in the last 24 hours to recover some of the funds. Because I knew its impossible to lie to Paypal, that somebody used my account from my IP.

•••
This is not allowed. Anyone asking you to leave feedback for a non-transaction must be reported.
How about making this a permanent quote on the free domains threads?

•••
your chances are minimal
if he takes the money out of paypal
they will give you nothing

but they would have done so
with a normal transaction as well

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to hear this OP.

What i'm going to say won't be popular but I would say goodbye to the money and use it as a learning experience. Some of the advice here is frankly horrible.

As others have mentioned a gift payment is exactly that not meant for business deals, Paypal masspay is there if you want to cover fees as the buyer. You have claimed an unauthorized transaction which is frankly 100% false as you did authorize it. If Paypal investigate and see your IP etc. matches up and you did approve it and used it for a business transaction you could very well lose your Paypal account for good.

If it were me I would cancel the dispute and move on unless you are happy to risk losing your Paypal account forever for $900.

100% agreed

don't think of paypal as a "pal"

•••
As a next step, I'd suggest you to get in touch with the Moderators here at NP to understand why his account is Auto-Closed. Can something be work out from their end to get more details of this account including email address or so to get in touch with him ?

•••
In case you hadn't already found it - this guy has some history here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/paypal-chargeback-scam.981401/
Some email addresses shown in the above thread.
Arunas Zygis from Lithuania - I didn't get stung by him but in answering some of his questions he piqued my scammer radar so I backed off. Another NPros member I know also just avoided getting robbed by this guy.
He owns warez.cc using of course a fake name - but there is another email address in the whois you can possibly mine - as he might have multiple Paypal accounts you could potentially help tie together - that could help Paypal make a determination in your favor

•••
400 posts isn't 5... I thought I saw him around here and there few times

I guess you never know where scammers hide/are

unless there is such a thing as hijacking np account and using it for evil things.. especially if it auto closes...

did you check ips with mod? if original owner.. might be a thing to do after you get sorted out with your money.. either way.

as for your payment... best bet is what Larry said... file chargeback/dispute with credit card.. which I assume is what you did and this was paid by CC. pp won't help you much with gift payments.. but if you show them all proof of scam when the chargebacks reaches them.. they should help you speed up closing it.. make sure its in your favor.

keep posted.
gl

•••
If any of you that were potentially defrauded in these transactions reside in the U.S. or you believe the perpetrator resides in the U.S. then this should be reported to the Internet Crimes Division of the FBI here:
https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
It's important that fraudulent activity is reported to the authorities that have the ability to do something about it, so they may try and prevent this from happening to someone else! I'm sorry to hear about this!

•••
upload_2017-3-29_9-32-27.png

•••
I purchased Buqe from him for $300 last week and backed out bc I felt it was a shady deal. I quickly Contacted the mods and put them in on the thread. This was Saturday. Shocked to see this post was made TODAY.
I bought the same name Saturday

•••
•••
His buddy who was mentioned in the thread with the freebie sold me Repulsive.com and then sent Replusive.com instead. Then skipped town. I then put two and two together and quickly contacted the mods. Luckily I did not send friend and family so I can do a claim.

•••
but they would have done so
with a normal transaction as well

Not true, if he would have paid as goods and services he would be covered under the buyer protection, The process is long, But with no hard evidence of him transferring the domain, he would have gotten the money back after the dispute.

There are some good people in this business that can be trusted. But you need to be careful who you pick and choose. Unfortunately there are some crooks in this business also. 1 reason I wouldn't of sent the money friends and family is he had only a 11 trader score and was a member for a few months. I don't think paypal will refund a friends and family payment to you. Maybe try a chargeback on your card. Good Luck man. I hope this guy does the right thing.

Last edited:
•••
The name sounds like he could be a guy from my country. Hit me up with more details, maybe I willd dig something up.

•••
Thanks for sharing! I hope you will get your money back!
Thanks for this information/Alert For Us. Hope you will get your money back.
Alert for us- Beware from paypal Gift payment.:xf.smile:
O_oAre you reading the previous messages or only comment? He has already received a positive reply from Paypal and will receive his money soon. Everything ended well for him...

•••
Nice of Paypal to help you even when the payment was marked as Gift. Thing is Paypal charges a fee for providing that extra protection when you mark a payment for goods or services. I think a lesson is learnt that protection is worth the fees.

•••
Told me it was a personal purchase so not covered

Aw. That sucks. Hope your bank comes through and you get your funds back...

•••
Told me it was a personal purchase so not covered

I paid with Paypal balance, I guess you are more covered if you pay with Paypal balance, if you pay by CC or bank account Paypal is just a mediator for payment, they get a fee, sure, but its not their money. Hope you can do something in the Bank,. Good luck. Was communicating with Eric yesterday via PM, so after the investigation, they will post an update. Also have fwd. the NPs stuff some msges I got about him from other helpful NPs members, but it seems that this scam was quite a big one and I wouldnt be surprised if multiple victims were involved.

•••
hmmm... I think I saw decades say in 3rd post of this thread he paid it as gift too.
The seller requested that he send it as a gift (Personal payment), but @decades80 may not have (Could have even been an accident that he didn't). Usually PayPal will only reverse a personal payment (Gift) if it was sent by an unauthorized user (Someone hacked the PayPal account to send it).

Thanks,

•••
Paypal refunded me yesterday night, the full amount up to the cent. I believe it was a good thing to react quickly, do the dispute as soon as possible and write some tickets in their support system, because in such cases they are able to reverse payments, before they reach the bank account or card. I guess they can even freeze the connected Paypal accounts and, or payments. Thumbs up in this case for Paypal.
(y)

•••
VIP status means nothing. you sign up and post welcome messages in "Say hi to new members" thread and $x,xxx's in Appraisals section for a couple of months, you get likes and post number needed to get the status. not much work/time to spend. at the same time buy any 10 domains in Bargain section for total $50, give them all away for free in Freebies, gets you 10-20 positive trader reviews. then you become a VIP and can post 4 fig privacy protected names for sale fishing for a victim ready to pay via paypal gift to a VIP member with sales, likes and a cool avatar.. then when you got caught, change your vpn proxy from NY to CA, sign up again, rinse and repeat. dont forget to change your avatar...

Come on, now! No need to be so negative! Yes, you have to take precautions, but all that work needed does provide additional layer of protection in dealings. It does take brains and time to write good posts, get likes etc.

From that perspective, nothing means anything! I assume someone like Dicker could have gotten all levels on any forum, which would not protect you from being cheated by him.

•••
•••
You can not dispute Gift transaction, so I made an unauthorized payment dispute....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back