Dynadot

New .net spam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
I started getting spam with offers of .net version of many of my .com names.

This is really annoying. Whoever it is and if you are on this forum, please stop.

Some of the names that were offered are clinicle.net oxev.net lihv.net

I checked the latter 2 for example and they are expired and probably will be soon available for hand reg.

What is interesting, the domain for the offer is shown as a .us, so the registrant must be a US resident or is already violating ToS or even breaking the law by providing false details to own .us.

Please share if you have received similar "offers", if it is the same person and the whois is true and other details to try to stop this for everyone.

The registrant details for purpletopsite.us, e.g., show as:

Registrant Name: David Sheldon
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 1165 S Broad Street
Registrant Street:
Registrant Street:
Registrant City: Philadelphia
Registrant State/Province: PA
Registrant Postal Code: 19147
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.2677738135
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

here is the text of one the spam messages:

OXEV.NET will be back on the market shortly.

If you wish to acquire it, please confirm here:

http://purpletopsite.us/offer/23476758/oxev-net

This will allow you to take part in the online bidding process and obtain the right to acquire the domain if you win the auction.

Acquiring premium domains generally allows for more customer visits, more links to your website, better exposure, better search engine results, better branding and more.

Our support team is here to help, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance.

Thank you,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It could be worst, it could be hyphened .net spam offers which forces you to respond (harshly).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back