IT.COM

Are you .IN or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mole

Insectivora MemberEstablished Member
Impact
This thread is for seasoned ccTLD battlehards.

On Tuesday February 15th, .IN goes live for real-time open registrations. Will you be participating, and if so, why? Will it be more money burnt in the spirit of speculation like .CN, or will it be a good investment?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I could only register a few and dd24 and goodluck both are almost* down now *^$@. Sucks :(

•••
Str said:
I could only register a few and dd24 and goodluck both are almost* down now *^$@. Sucks :(

Well, that is much better than Directi which never even got started :zzz:. The .IN thingy is up, it takes one minute to search, and always ends up with 'status unknown'. Now I know why they have such a bad rep system bugs.

•••
I pre-registered 20 and secured 14
Got some very good ones too, so I am happy for now :)

•••
they are up in asia still, im in Bali south east asia right now at a internet cafe doing manual reggs at dd24,
they might have shut down regging from america,

•••
okie i know i'm late.

Can anyone feed me on should i reg a .co.in or .in??
which one can be resell?

cheers

•••
JeeJee said:
okie i know i'm late.

I haven't even started blah blah blah. >:( Bludy Directi has $200 of mine but are still regging domains using their connections for their friends all day. I think I'll wait until eNom activates the .IN domain.

>:(

Dear Reseller,

Live .IN Registrations will not work for the next few hours through DirectI. This is because the subnet of the servers on which our domain management system is hosted is not yet added by Afilias (the .IN Registry).

We wanted to launch Live Registration as soon as pre-registrations got over and were fully ready with everything on our side. We were even told by the registry technical support that this subnet would be added in 2-3 hours. However, we have a new update from them and they have said that they will take 24-48 hours to add the subnet. We believe its taking more time as everyone is stressed out even at the registry as the last 48 hours have been hard work for everyone to meet launch deadlines.

We hope to start Live Registrations in the next few hours.

Warm Regards
DirectI Tech Support

•••
I just received an email from DD24 saying I got the one and only that came to mind. I'll post it on the "Who got what thread... " This is also the first time I've takin' part in .tld feeding frenzy! So, I'm happy! :lala:

•••
Last week, I tried to pre-register a bunch of .IN names with Directi and I don't think I'm gonna get any of them, according to this WHOIS Search anyway:

https://www.domaindiscount24.net/?p...=internetexplorer.in&server=whois.registry.in

Now, today, I just tried another keyword domain (in-ter-net ex-plo-rer) with dd24 and I got the name right away. Hmmmm... I think I've been scammed by Directi. I wish I had used dd24 last week.

AmCy

•••
I thought about this mole, ok these guys at directi really made a killing,
first they get everyone to prepay and use peoples money to directly buy the names, now they have the funds and the names they pick which ones to take for themselves of slide to their friend or mates ,,,,and auction all the rest, its a win win for them, the registrers are actually very keen domain business men who have the inside scoop we are left with the crumbs,
i noticed the really powerful keywords have been directly caught by the ones who own registers icann acreditation { now is this legal?}
the registers of course hide the winning through friends and coworkers
thats business though complaint can be sent to the icann organization if their is smell of foul play, its hard to prove but i sense something amiss.

mole said:
I haven't even started blah blah blah. >:( Bludy Directi has $200 of mine but are still regging domains using their connections for their friends all day. I think I'll wait until eNom activates the .IN domain.

Dear Reseller,

Live .IN Registrations will not work for the next few hours through DirectI. This is because the subnet of the servers on which our domain management system is hosted is not yet added by Afilias (the .IN Registry).

We wanted to launch Live Registration as soon as pre-registrations got over and were fully ready with everything on our side. We were even told by the registry technical support that this subnet would be added in 2-3 hours. However, we have a new update from them and they have said that they will take 24-48 hours to add the subnet. We believe its taking more time as everyone is stressed out even at the registry as the last 48 hours have been hard work for everyone to meet launch deadlines.

We hope to start Live Registrations in the next few hours.

Warm Regards
DirectI Tech Support

•••
How can I join auctions for names that DirectI caught.

•••
I'm .IN.... I picked up Came.IN and STI.IN

•••
Should be interesting to see how the market pans out :)

•••
Lmao ~ Just noticed that LetMe.In is taken ..... Not by the Hair of my Chinny Chin Chin ....

•••
Okay, the bill I just got from DD24 was for 17.20 Euro... uhh, I thought it was $18 +/- USD! :sick: Shrug... aww... well...

So, to which U.S. company should I transfer this domain??? I'm not really comfy with leaving it overseas.

Thanks!

Lyte

•••
Anyone heard from Good luck Domains yet re pre-regged domains?

•••
Directi
In case we have successfully registered a domain for which we have received multiple applications - as announced earlier on, we were going to allot domains using a silent auction.

However, we have received a notification from the .IN Domain Registry (Advisory No. LA 01) in the last 24 hrs stating that .IN domain registrars cannot auction or sell .IN domains at prices higher than they usually charge from their customers.

Due to this notification we may no longer be able to use the auction process even though we do not wish to go back on the initial process that we had announced.

We are still finalizing the new allocation process after getting more clarifications from the registry. We will be posting an update once this process has been finalized by us. As of right now, we believe that we should be finalizing the allocation process by Tuesday, 22nd Feb and finishing the allocation latest by Friday, 25th Feb.

Well I guess someone's gonna lose. I think all the good domains are gonna go to the insiders.

•••
My impression is that those who primarily used DD24 for pre-regs and the roll-out process have probably fared the best....Another German registrar got many prime names but those were not likely meant for general public...just the insiders!

•••
To register a .in, will be Euro17.20 @ dd24? Any other registrar so far? When whoising domains, I see that many .in are registered on the 16th Feb. Is that the actual day of release?

Flora.

•••
MissFlora said:
I see that many .in are registered on the 16th Feb. Is that the actual day of release?
Flora.

Yep - Just released last night ~ I tried for a few manually just for the heck of it - It was a real mess ..... :lol:

•••
•••
Enom gets .IN to the game :D

General News

Coming soon, .IN registrations
AUCTIONS: 30 Point Bid
New web site launched
Web Site Creator launched
Reseller News

btw, does anyone know when I go into my DD24 domain management panel, how do I forward my new .IN URLs?

Is it (in the box provided);

A. Type in the full URL to be forwarded to i.e. http://www.sex.com

or

B. Type in just www.sex.com without the http://

Any advise is much appreciated.

•••
•••
i didnt get any of the pre regs i requested with domain discount 24 !

•••
mole said:
Enom gets .IN to the game :D

General News

Coming soon, .IN registrations
"Coming Soon" is the problem. Seems like just about all the accredited regitrars are having problems. So far I've only found DD24, GLD working, and NetandHost (but nobody has talked about them, so I was hesitant).

I've got 14 now and still waiting on the pre-order at Directi.

•••
optimist said:
So mole u got curry.in

:laugh: no, I got chapati.in

westblock said:
Seems like just about all the accredited regitrars are having problems.

Nah, they are too busy sorting out their generic name looty from the pre-reg. That's loads more valuable than reg fee nonsense.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back