IT.COM

registries More crazy .in domain regulations in the pipeline

NameSilo
Watch

jberryhill

Top Member
John Berryhill, Ph.d., Esq.
Impact
There have been previous discussions of nutty ideas that the .in ccTLD registry comes up with from time to time, such as preventing registrars from participating in resales of .in domain names.

A general problem with ccTLD registries is that, while you might not be a fan of ICANN policies, at least ICANN takes a long time to come up with crazy stuff and there is a lot of debate that goes on for years to change anything.

ccTLD's, on the other hand, are always one election, regime change or official whim away from having fundamental policies change with the snap of a finger, and with no recourse available.

The .in ccTLD has now decided to crack down on the email addresses and payment systems that registrars will not be allowed to accept in order to register or maintain .in domain names, these include:

1711572917861.png

WTF is a "permanent email address"? I have no idea.

1711572954987.png

Other rules will prohibit the use of VPNs for accessing a registrar to register a domain name, and the registrar must provide all IP access logs relating to a .in domain name to the registry on request.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nixi is going crazy. I'm an Indian and I hate there arbitrary rules

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back