IT.COM

Are you .IN or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mole

Insectivora MemberEstablished Member
Impact
This thread is for seasoned ccTLD battlehards.

On Tuesday February 15th, .IN goes live for real-time open registrations. Will you be participating, and if so, why? Will it be more money burnt in the spirit of speculation like .CN, or will it be a good investment?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i am in, hoping that it will be a good market :-D, let wait and see

•••
Good keywords will and should be snapped up quickly.. it is a gamble but hopefully on that will pay off...

•••
at 17.99 for .in is definitely a gamble, especially if you are trying to buy 300 names

3rd level names are cheaper at 8.99 which is common price for .com domain

•••
I've got a few of the top keywords pre-ordered at DomainDiscount24,hopefully they'll be able to snap me some of them.They had a good success rate with the German IDN launches.
DomainDiscount24 lists the release as Wednesday the 16th,did they change it?

•••
Dillpup said:
DomainDiscount24 lists the release as Wednesday the 16th,did they change it?

My bad. It is Tuesday the 15th over in the States :hehe:

•••
interesting..

where should i reg the name myself? Any snap offer? Also, where can i preorder some? Lastly, can any program reg the most premium name?

Cheers

•••
JeeJee said:
interesting..

where should i reg the name myself? Any snap offer? Also, where can i preorder some? Lastly, can any program reg the most premium name?

Cheers

some of the registrars include domaindiscount24, net4india, directi and some others

•••
Any particular one that one recommends? Also, if we pre-reg it with say directi. Do they allow multiple regging and then an auction style sale?

•••
Will it be worth it? yeah I know nearly 1 billion people live there but I was wondering

•••
I reccomend DomainDiscount24,they allow only one person to get a pre-reg for a name,so if they get it it's yours for reg fee.
I think they're worth it definetly..they're relatively inexpensive compared to other CC domains,a huge population,and alot of business is done there.

•••
Any sort of strong verb before the .in will probably be snapped quickly ( jump.in , dive.in , throw.in , etc. ), as well as the typical keywords (sex.in , computer.in , store.in , etc.).
Anything besides those is definitely speculative.
-Allan

•••
I'm not goint to even attempt to get a reg for NP or something on the 15th, I'll give it a few days and see whats left.

•••
will people start dumping them??

Will an auction go off if Directi won the name?

•••
Using directi you pay in advance and then have the privelege of entering an auction if they manage to get the name so you will not know who you are bidding against- not a good way to do it as there could be massive ramping of prices!!

•••
wot said:
not a good way to do it as there could be massive ramping of prices!!

I think that's the idea :bingo:

•••
I think DD24 is virtually the only place doing it without an auction system.There are still some solid .co.in names available to claim over at DD24..such as host.co.in,pro.co.in, and name.co.in.I just deleted my pre-reg for cellphones.co.in,so somebody can make a run for it if they're interested.India is already accustomed to using .co.in,so I don't think these are necessarily bad.
I pre-regged books.co.in,music.co.in,mobile.co.in,money.co.in and some other strong ones like bollywood.co.in and Mumbai.co.in.Even if they manage to grab only one of them it will have been worth it.

•••
•••
newbie question:

how much would the top .in domains be valued at...like music.in etc.. also how does the pre-registration work...is it that all registrars will try and send across their registrations on Feb 16, 0000 hrs and whichever gets in first is registered or is the pre-registered list by the appointed registrars time-stamped with pre-registration dates and thus the collected list is then allocated in that order.

thanks

•••
<<all registrars will try and send across their registrations on Feb 16, 0000 hrs and whichever gets in first is registered >>

I believe it's this one.

It's pretty hard to say how much the top keywords will be worth,but I think mid 4 figures minimum is a safe bet for something the calibur of music.in.Maybe much more.
Miraculously someone deleted thier pre-registration for RFID.in at DD24 so I swooped in and pre-regged it.Now that's one domain I think would be worth serious cash.I'm crossing my fingers so hard.
We're almost to zero hour!

•••
Dillpup said:

What the shamoosh is that? :o It's not even a 3 letter domain...

•••
mole said:
What the shamoosh is that? :o It's not even a 3 letter domain...

Radio frequency ID, the new format for all types of product ID

•••
I hope that DD24 will be successful too !

Last edited:
•••
I pre-ordered at DirectI...my bad?

•••
I pre-ordered a stack (60) at DD24. If I get most of them (which I doubt) I will be stuck for short-term cash but I believe I'll be sitting pretty in the medium to long-term.

A big difference between .IN and .CN is that the English language has a longer and larger history in India so all these English keyword domains should be better received.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back