Dynadot

.app .APP Registration

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Now that .APP is rolling out I thought I'd share a little of our position in .APP domains. I'd love to know what others are doing.

We budgeted just shy of $100k for .APP domain registrations. Several we've already acquired and several we've missed. I'll update our pickups as I can without giving away our position. So far I will share that we picked up:
  • Wedding.app

Trademark Claim
I do have a domain that we registered that has to pass their trademark claim process... it is very generic, not sure who decided to try to call it a trademark, we shall see.

Our Why
To sum it up, Google is our why. I became a domainer back in 2000, when the domain really mattered in SEO. My hunch is that Google won't be able to resist giving some type of preference to quality .APP domain.

Even a small advantage in the SERs or even the Play App Search results, make generic .APP domains valuable.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sir. i have started domaining just 30 days ago and I thought its registered on my name already and didn't know that pre-registration is on chance.so it was a genuine misunderstanding.
Thanks for your troll BTW

Dear Rizwan,
Welcome to Domaining it is a great place no matter you're a domainer or self-employed who wish to grab niches to his/her business. we all make mistakes so please don't get me wrong, we are all here for speaking our mind and helping others that is one of the reasons I spoke about it :)

No matter which industry you join ( IT or not IT related ) there is a rule to have some things to your self only, which can make you ahead of others even though there are plenty who think like us or better than us but we need to be calm and understand the market before we speak what is of our interest. Being a newbie it just gives your creativeness to others for free that's all, anyways i am always here to help you and you or anyone just drop me a line.

Stay blessed and hope you make it big in domaining :)

Thanks

Shahid

•••
Dear Rizwan,
Welcome to Domaining it is a great place no matter you're a domainer or self-employed who wish to grab niches to his/her business. we all make mistakes so please don't get me wrong, we are all here for speaking our mind and helping others that is one of the reasons I spoke about it :)

No matter which industry you join ( IT or not IT related ) there is a rule to have some things to your self only, which can make you ahead of others even though there are plenty who think like us or better than us but we need to be calm and understand the market before we speak what is of our interest. Being a newbie it just gives your creativeness to others for free that's all, anyways i am always here to help you and you or anyone just drop me a line.

Stay blessed and hope you make it big in domaining :)

Thanks

Shahid
Thanks but as i said i didnt knew that its completely mine already thats why i disclosed name i am sure because i disclosed someone else booked it by priority i am learning on domaining here all i can see mostly domainers are joined here since decade so i am just trying to learn things thanks for your helping offer i will be in touch with you you btw i am also from uae :)

•••
Thanks but as i said i didnt knew that its completely mine already thats why i disclosed name i am sure because i disclosed someone else booked it by priority i am learning on domaining here all i can see mostly domainers are joined here since decade so i am just trying to learn things thanks for your helping offer i will be in touch with you you btw i am also from uae :)

Great, we will surely be in touch then.

good luck

•••
EAP is what most of your are 'concerned' about -- after that, the reg/renewal is only around $20..

Not bad, and I hate/love to say it, but I quite like the progress/potential of this particular nGTLD.

•••
What is the chepest place to pre register .app?
Is it name.com?

•••
I pre registered a .app and hoping to get it when it goes live tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

•••
What time will .app go live? Or will they try to siphon more money out of people half the day? I live on the east coast. P.S. I always hated the word LIVE. It might as well be a Spanish word that means 30 different things. Oh well.

•••
What is the chepest place to pre register .app?
Is it name.com?
Seems to me that name.com was the cheapest that I saw.

•••
•••
Just registered myworld*app.

I had no patience to wait till tomo :)

Last edited:
•••
Like with all new gTLDs, I wait for possible good (or great) drops. So in a year's time...

•••
•••
I registered villa. App. Do you think booking.com will buy?

•••
What time will .app go live? Or will they try to siphon more money out of people half the day? I live on the east coast. P.S. I always hated the word LIVE. It might as well be a Spanish word that means 30 different things. Oh well.
I read an article that said .app goes live 9am PDT 5/8 .

Last edited:
•••
Possibly my final .APP domains...
  • Carriers.app
  • Transporter.app
  • Socially.app
  • Listings.app
  • Landlord.app
  • Warehouse.app
  • CarShipping.app
  • AutoRepair.app
  • Heavyduty.com

•••
  • Carriers.app
  • Transporter.app
  • Socially.app
  • Listings.app
  • Landlord.app
  • Warehouse.app
  • CarShipping.app
  • AutoRepair.app
  • Heavyduty.com
You registered these names when domains like tidy.app were available for reg fee, I don’t get it, car shipping app? Warehouse app? You are paying $1xx for those registrations, you could have got them at reg fee, if not, you would not have lost out.

•••
you could have got them at reg fee, if not, you would not have lost out.

You play your game I'll play mine.

We already have revenue streams in related industries. These are specifically to let us expand.

We don't do the $20 savings thing. We buy at what we value at... not what we might be able to get away with.

•••
I got one with 15$ renewal. Not sure how is the name but I like it. May be it can be popular for any games as it is popular type I think. There are too many games relevant to it. Like king queen troops etc.

heir.app

I regged it. May be it will sell or it may remain unsold. But I can hold it as it's only 15$ renewal.

•••
  • Carriers.app
  • Transporter.app
  • Socially.app
  • Listings.app
  • Landlord.app
  • Warehouse.app
  • CarShipping.app
  • AutoRepair.app
  • Heavyduty.com

Thanks for sharing your reggs! Don't feed the trolls... or the troll in this case :rolleyes:.

•••
Just one for now, & reg'd yesterday for a reasonable price. Renewal around $20..

DLT.app

DLT = Distributed Ledger Technology

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing your reggs! Don't feed the trolls... or the troll in this case :rolleyes:.
Is that a nice way of saying I hate your reg’s?

You can tell the truth, this isn’t a Sesame Street forum, sometimes people need to hear it.

Don’t you have a backbone? Are you scared of the truth? Maybe you don’t speak of experience of owning good keyword app domains, did you say menu app

Maybe we should just appraise our own threads like you, much easier, right mister 5 figures, that way we don’t have the face the truth.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/speedycoins-com.1079942/#post-6705111

When you are registering domains like carshipping.app on eap, you clearly don’t know what your doing.

What no smug remark, wonder why in the whole app revolution carshippingapp.com was never registered for $8, but .com is dead right? Clearly this person just justified they have no idea what they are doing when they are paying hundreds for terms nobody would register for a simple $8 reg fee, or even $1 fasthosts promo.

Your welcome In advance!

Last edited:
•••
Your welcome In advance!
Maybe your right, maybe your wrong.*

I'm encouraging people to share their .app domains. Your 'truth' that you seem to be all too willing to shove down people's throats might stop people from sharing their .app domains... But I'm interested to see them so I'm leaving my appraisals for the appraisals forum where they belong.

*You're

•••
if not, you would not have lost out.

How do you know this? Can you see in the future?

I'm not letting like $80 prevent me from getting a domain that I want.

I know the car shipping Industry. It is a primary industry of mine and I value CarShipping.app at the value I paid.

I agree that you are trolling. I don't answer to engage, but in hopes of explaining so others can learn.

No one learns from someone sharing their opinion. They learn through facts and experience.

Your experience says it is a pointless buy. My experience, expertise and plans for the domain say buy it.

I'm guessing we are both right. It would be pointless for you to buy it. AND it is correct for me to buy it. So POOF capitalism at work.

•••
DLT (.app)
Brokerage (.app)

Total cost for both (EAP fee + Reg/Renewal x2) = ~$300 = Not mad about it..

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back