IT.COM

Afternic username

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

How do I change the username in Afternic?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for your help.
I should mention that now I make around 300.00 a month off my Adsense. This is more than enough to cover my server, scripts and programmers I hire throughout the year and also keeps me in pocket money for buying new domains.

It takes a while to get there.At the start I only made ten dollars a month, Now On the average I am getting 2k views a day.

•••
It's surprising to me that showing a BIN would increase conversion elsewhere but not on a lander.

GO YANKEES

Yes, when I first saw the results I was surprised as well. After diving into it, I believe it is due to the fact that when someone goes to a site like GoDaddy they already have a trust in their brand and at the end of the day is used to picking up the phone and speaking to someone at the company when they have questions. However, when they just type in a domain and a $5000 price appears they are more apt to just close out of the page and forget about it. We know that if we are able to engage a potential buyer via the phone that the chances of closing the deal increases significantly, and when the price is displayed right away the number of engaged potential buyers decreases (and thus so do the sales.) We recently re-ran this test to ensure it was the same and saw an increase in overall revenue on domains that previously had prices displayed on their sales landers.

Oh...and GO RED SOX

@Alan Shiflett @Joe Styler

Thanks for letting us know how to configure DNS.

The ForSale links solve my purpose. (if the domains are in small quantity)

what if i have domains more than 1000? i couldnt edit each and every DNS and forward.

In domainnamesales platform(only for exmple), we have an option. if we want a sales lander, just we have to select sales button. Our task is ,All the domains bulk modified at registrar level to their nameservers.

Please have a look.

Can we have a feature like this? it saves a lot of time.

Thanks

The links provided tend to be for use on a parking platform itself so can be applied in bulk at most parking platforms (DomainSponsor, ParkingCrew, etc.)

The straight up ForSale lander (with no parking links) is something I have been pushing for a while to get enabled. I will keep pushing for it and see what we can do.

•••
Yes, when I first saw the results I was surprised as well. After diving into it, I believe it is due to the fact that when someone goes to a site like GoDaddy they already have a trust in their brand and at the end of the day is used to picking up the phone and speaking to someone at the company when they have questions. However, when they just type in a domain and a $5000 price appears they are more apt to just close out of the page and forget about it. We know that if we are able to engage a potential buyer via the phone that the chances of closing the deal increases significantly, and when the price is displayed right away the number of engaged potential buyers decreases (and thus so do the sales.) We recently re-ran this test to ensure it was the same and saw an increase in overall revenue on domains that previously had prices displayed on their sales landers.

Oh...and GO RED SOX

The links provided tend to be for use on a parking platform itself so can be applied in bulk at most parking platforms (DomainSponsor, ParkingCrew, etc.)

The straight up ForSale lander (with no parking links) is something I have been pushing for a while to get enabled. I will keep pushing for it and see what we can do.

Infact, we dont have the bulk URL Forward in GoDaddy as well.
How can we change, if we have more than 500 Domains. Thats very time consuming.

•••
Infact, we dont have the bulk URL Forward in GoDaddy as well.
How can we change, if we have more than 500 Domains. Thats very time consuming.

The links are more for placing on parked pages themselves. If you do not have a preferred parking provider you can just update your Nameservers in bulk to NS1.AFTERNIC.COM and NS2.AFTERNIC.COM and we will handle it from there.

•••
The links are more for placing on parked pages themselves. If you do not have a preferred parking provider you can just update your Nameservers in bulk to NS1.AFTERNIC.COM and NS2.AFTERNIC.COM and we will handle it from there.

I can change the nameservers. Can you land the domains at afternic sales lander??( I dont want those parking links)

I have around 1800 domains in different registrars.

Thanks for your help.

•••
@Alan Shiflett
Why Godaddy shows min offer is $162 ?

95555.png

•••
Why Godaddy shows min offer is $162 ?
The only time Minimum Offer is sent out from Afternic across the Partner network is when there is no Asking Price. When there is an Asking Price then only that gets distributed to the network. In this case that you are showing, in GoDaddy Auctions they automatically put the minimum offer at 65% of the asking price.

As a side note, now that you have priced this domain, you should be receiving an Opt-In request from Enom. Once you opt that in, it will show as a Premium- Fast Transfer domain and will not show up with the Auction listing first on GoDaddy.

•••
The only time Minimum Offer is sent out from Afternic across the Partner network is when there is no Asking Price. When there is an Asking Price then only that gets distributed to the network. In this case that you are showing, in GoDaddy Auctions they automatically put the minimum offer at 65% of the asking price.

As a side note, now that you have priced this domain, you should be receiving an Opt-In request from Enom. Once you opt that in, it will show as a Premium- Fast Transfer domain and will not show up with the Auction listing first on GoDaddy.

I'm sorry Alan but this doesn't make sense... or I'm unable to understand

There *is* a min. price which shows clearly on Afternic and it's $20. What is the sense in making an imaginary price of 65% of BIN while there is already a min. price? I mean, isn't it obvious that you're confusing your users?

•••
I just noticed that none of my names at afternic are listed in godaddy. Before they all were.
Any reason why? Ex. OkanaganDreams.com (make offer) DnBrain.com (bin)

They are showing up in goodaddy auctions.. How to we get them to show up when someone does a domain search at godaddy.com?

Thanks

•••
I just noticed that none of my names at afternic are listed in godaddy. Before they all were.
Any reason why? Ex. OkanaganDreams.com (make offer) DnBrain.com (bin)

They are showing up in goodaddy auctions.. How to we get them to show up when someone does a domain search at godaddy.com?

Thanks

that's also another issue that we talked earlier in the thread; the random domain disappearance from showing @ godaddy

I thought that this happened when a price was changed on Afternic and domain got -again- under review but I'm not sure tbh

•••
I been transfering to other registrars, and I get email about removal from premium network each time, but every name fails to show now at godaddy .com.
The name is still in afternic after registrar transfer just not premium network

FYI I use the afternic.com/domain/careservices.ca to see prices, that owners try to hide by using Afternic.com/forsale/careservices.ca

So if you see a name at afternic with a contact lander , just type www.Afternic.com/domain/domainname. to see what the min and bin are.

And if you follow the url for www.afternic.com/domain/careservices.ca , you can see what info I show about myself. Noone needs to see my portfolio ;) unless you ask, then I can arrange for customer, friend etc

And to forward to /forsale/ I have to do it manually for each name as the url at the end is different. So kind time consuming

•••
I been transfering to other registrars, and I get email about removal from premium network each time, but every name fails to show now at godaddy .com.
The name is still in afternic after registrar transfer just not premium network

FYI I use the afternic.com/domain/careservices.ca to see prices, that owners try to hide by using Afternic.com/forsale/careservices.ca

So if you see a name at afternic with a contact lander , just type www.Afternic.com/domain/domainname. to see what the min and bin are.

And if you follow the url for www.afternic.com/domain/careservices.ca , you can see what info I show about myself. Noone needs to see my portfolio ;) unless you ask, then I can arrange for customer, friend etc

And to forward to /forsale/ I have to do it manually for each name as the url at the end is different. So kind time consuming

If the domain is not on the premium network then it's right not to be showing on GoDaddy. GD *is* part of the premium network so when you move to a non-premium-supported registrar, your domain will stop showing on GD and all other afternic's network marketplaces afaik.

regarding the /name/[domain] , I've showed that URL earlier on the thread. That's actually one of the URL I use when I want to show the BIN and min to the buyer.

•••
it shows on godaddy auctions though, just not godaddy.com

•••
search CareServices.ca at godaddy.com , nope. Godaddy auctions yup..

•••
it shows on godaddy auctions though, just not godaddy.com

lol .. now that's strange.
I hope the representatives in this thread can also clear this and let us know how exactly that thing works

thanks for mentioning it

•••
.ca is not a Premium-supported TLD

•••
.ca is not a Premium-supported TLD

honestly, I thought that name was just an example and that he had numerous domains with the same issue
still, good catch ;)

•••
I read on the Afternic site that domains must be in unlocked state to be eligible for Fast Transfer. Not sure if this simply means past the 60-day lock, or literally manually "unlocked" within the registrar. Anyone know?

•••
I read on the Afternic site that domains must be in unlocked state to be eligible for Fast Transfer. Not sure if this simply means past the 60-day lock, or literally manually "unlocked" within the registrar. Anyone know?

unlocked all the way
so they can remove them from your account and transfer out

•••
I have a lot of domains that have 'fast transfer' on and I've never ever unlocked any of them

What you say should be correct though since I've never had any of those sold as fast transfer work properly. In the end I always had to do it the ol' manual way

•••
unlocked all the way
so they can remove them from your account and transfer out

would you trust having your domains unlocked until they sell?

•••
if there is a way to unlock them after sale only and still get on network with them locked then that's even better.

•••
It's surprising to me that showing a BIN would increase conversion elsewhere but not on a lander.

GO YANKEES
That's my team!

•••
would you trust having your domains unlocked until they sell?
Names do not need to be unlocked before they sell. If you opt in to the fast transfer network we will move them for you.

•••
Thanks Joe. Note though that I have never yet seen this working properly. I always seem to get some kind of a problem and I end up sending manually the codes to the support team anyway.

I always notify them of the issues but it still happens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back