Dynadot

Afternic username

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

How do I change the username in Afternic?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can I change my username?

Yes, you can. You must email Customer Service ([email protected]) from the email address you used to set up your account. Please include your current username as well as the new username you wish to use.

https://www.afternic.com/domain-help

•••
Can I change my username?

Yes, you can. You must email Customer Service ([email protected]) from the email address you used to set up your account. Please include your current username as well as the new username you wish to use.

https://www.afternic.com/domain-help

a few months ago, I asked them the same thing and my request got denied

afternic is a mess .. I didn't even know that was on their FAQ page or else I'd have mentioned it to them

thanks for the headsup

•••
Do Afternic still insist on showing a public page listing all the domains associated with a username if you know or guess someone's username?

Sedo used to do that, then they changed it so the username does NOT show a list of domains and if you want you can generate a unique and possiby private url to share a list of the domains you have listed on Sedo.

•••
Do Afternic still insist on showing a public page listing all the domains associated with a username if you know or guess someone's username?

Sedo used to do that, then they changed it so the username does NOT show a list of domains and if you want you can generate a unique and possiby private url to share a list of the domains you have listed on Sedo.

unfortunately, yes :/

•••
found the message I got from them:
upload_2016-3-16_12-2-38.png

..and at the same time their FAQ says otherwise.

I made a request again... let's see what happens this time.

•••
Is there any chance that we can bypass Afternic parking? I mean can we land the domain at afternic sales landers.

•••
Is there any chance that we can bypass Afternic parking? I mean can we land the domain at afternic sales landers.

this is tricky. You can use (domain is only an example):

https://www.afternic.com/forsale/FreeWebTools.biz to get the 'price request' page

or you can use this:
https://www.afternic.com/domain/FreeWebTools.biz to get the actual price and 'buy now' button

be careful though, the second url does not always work.. especially if domain is under review
the first url works 100%

•••
Thanks @Hypersot
So we should forward the domains from other registrars to those link.
My problem is I have around 800 domains. Should i manually forward each and every domain??

is there any way we could bulkforward??

•••
Thanks @Hypersot
So we should forward the domains from other registrars to those link.
My problem is I have around 800 domains. Should i manually forward each and every domain??

is there any way we could bulkforward??

depending upon where you do the forward from, they might provide bulk tools

for example,
I use ParkingCrew and they have mass sale redirection so it's easy
I think the same feature is available to both voodoo and bodis (haven't checked but I'm positive)

edit: it just occurred to me that you probably ask for 'direct' navigation to the sale page (ie. with no parking content).

When I want to do that I use above.com's nameservers where they have a pure 'redirection' that I can use en mass no matter who I have the domain registered with.

•••
•••
•••
Yes, If we change the nameservers to afternic, Its showing parking links..bla bla...

I just wanted a Afternic sales lander.

•••
Yes, If we change the nameservers to afternic, Its showing parking links..bla bla...

I just wanted a Afternic sales lander.

If you have no problem using above.com, I have found it to be the most convenient method for managing my domains.

All my domains use above.com's nameservers and then all I have to do is decide where I want them redirected, ie. parking, sales page, above.com's own sale's page, etc.

That way I can switch from one marketplace URL to another in a few seconds.

•••
Thanks @Hypersot

Bodis is also doing same, Parking crew as you said.

Bodis, parking crew, Above which one is most reliable?

•••
Thanks @Hypersot

Bodis is also doing same, Parking crew as you said.

Bodis, parking crew, Above which one is most reliable?

I don't know about bodis but I don't think PC have a 'direct' navigation to the sales page.. they only provide a link on top of the parked page where the user can click and go to your sales page

what do you mean by 'reliable'? . I had no issues with any of the above companies so far.

•••
Means, We cant monitor all the time whether they were forwading or not.

•••
Means, We cant monitor all the time whether they were forwading or not.

oh, I don't think you should worry. I have made random visits on my domains and they always show up properly.
There are the occasional downtimes which last for a short time but that's to be expected for everything on the net and they're also quite rare.

•••
BTW what does "in review" mean ?

upload_2016-3-16_13-54-33.png

•••
Afternic reviewing your domain. You should email them to process the review ASAP. Otherwise it should be in review for weeks

•••
•••
Afternic reviewing your domain. You should email them to process the review ASAP. Otherwise it should be in review for weeks
I listed them a few months ago

•••
this is tricky. You can use (domain is only an example):

https://www.afternic.com/forsale/FreeWebTools.biz to get the 'price request' page

or you can use this:
https://www.afternic.com/domain/FreeWebTools.biz to get the actual price and 'buy now' button

be careful though, the second url does not always work.. especially if domain is under review
the first url works 100%

thanks! I had no idea they had two!
I just used the sale lander.. did not know about cvontact request page.
won't use it.. not better than sale lander.. but maybe in future.

as for trickty I agree!
if under review, it gives error on lander page.. contact too I assume
the real tricky part is it all looks good if you're logged in.. so you gotta use incognito to see this error!

to make it even trickier, if you say change listings to buynow.. add buynow.. everything goes into review.. or almost.. right away! and probably stays there til you call them lol

I agree. afternic is nice and good.. love the sale lander too.. but the ui (speed wise and fucntionality) should get boost and upgrade soon.

I hope flippa adds buynow button to their sale lander soon. maybe I'll switch then.

can't believe flippa calls it a sale lander, if no buynow button present.

I think godaddy sale lander also does not have both on one page (thats what I need).. ie: make offer + buynow.. and I don't think sedo does either.

so for now.. afternic only choice.

•••
thanks! I had no idea they had two!
I just used the sale lander.. did not know about cvontact request page.
won't use it.. not better than sale lander.. but maybe in future.

as for trickty I agree!
if under review, it gives error on lander page.. contact too I assume
the real tricky part is it all looks good if you're logged in.. so you gotta use incognito to see this error!

to make it even trickier, if you say change listings to buynow.. add buynow.. everything goes into review.. or almost.. right away! and probably stays there til you call them lol

I agree. afternic is nice and good.. love the sale lander too.. but the ui (speed wise and fucntionality) should get boost and upgrade soon.

I hope flippa adds buynow button to their sale lander soon. maybe I'll switch then.

can't believe flippa calls it a sale lander, if no buynow button present.

I think godaddy sale lander also does not have both on one page (thats what I need).. ie: make offer + buynow.. and I don't think sedo does either.

so for now.. afternic only choice.

I mainly sell domains on Afternic that have lower parking income. Lower income as in, revenue doesn't provide me with enough incentive to get into the procedure of optimising them, switching parking platforms, etc.

Afternic provides me with a way to sell all those domains for $50 (I get $35 net) in case anyone else wants to try their luck on them or anyone wants the domain irrelevant of the parking earnings. The net amount I get pays for the time, reg fees etc.

no other marketplace has:
-enough 'eyes' to look for domains
-private escrow
-low min. to-sell price
and
-elegant sales page

that's reason enough to overlook all problems with their interface, support, downtimes, etc.

•••

I've had domains 'in review' for almost two years!

I remember sending them a mail to get an update of the status of the domain in my account, after a time they *did* sort it out...or it seemed at the time.
In reality what they did was ninja-deleting a lot of my domains that I had URL redirections on. They even deleted a domain that had a price request!

Note that afternic do not sell adult related domains, at least that's what they said some time ago. Those domains were pretty normal gtlds and no adult, no reason to delete them at all (I re-added them and they're still there up to this date).

...I'm very very careful, checking multiple times the domains I have on afternic.. you just never know with them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back