NameSilo

Afternic username

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

How do I change the username in Afternic?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
https://www.afternic.com/sales-acceleration

See Option 2 on the right hand side of the page. It has the link to use for your domain. If you put it on your domain it should auto detect the right name and bring up the right landing page. There is also an 844 number which is toll free, in that same section. Someone asked about that in the thread.
in

Thanks Joe. Where should I keep that link.
Please check my name WWW. Polkarose.com. it is parked with bodis, from there URL redirect to afternic sales lander. Like Domain name sales, is there any way to separate parking and sales?

•••
That can work. We did a lot of tech work on the back end last year to enable domain sellers to list in one place, Afternic and then have that bring the domain to as many places as possible. That way you only have to manage one sales listing and have it go to GoDaddy or Tucows or Network solutions.

There are some caveats which that link I posted goes over. Here are some others, to get the most exposure on all the registrars you need to have a BIN price set up and also have the domain name priced between $250 and $25,000. The name needs to not have any locks on it, transfer locks etc. We did a youtube video that explains all the scenarios and answers almost all the questions people have.

•••
hmmm.. so let me get this staight your listing you showed is a makeoffer only listing which you then added to premium by setting buynow.. or its a buynow type listing and not makeoffer?
it's "make offer" with "buy now" price.

•••
That can work. We did a lot of tech work on the back end last year to enable domain sellers to list in one place, Afternic and then have that bring the domain to as many places as possible. That way you only have to manage one sales listing and have it go to GoDaddy or Tucows or Network solutions.

There are some caveats which that link I posted goes over. Here are some others, to get the most exposure on all the registrars you need to have a BIN price set up and also have the domain name priced between $250 and $25,000. The name needs to not have any locks on it, transfer locks etc. We did a youtube video that explains all the scenarios and answers almost all the questions people have.

Joe: someone just posted a shot of the sale lander at godaddy.. I'm a bit confused maybe u can clarify:

if I have a listing which is makeoffer only, and then send that up to PREMIUM by adding bnuynow to it.

will I see buynow+makeoffer both options on sale lander?

or do I actually need to first chance the listing type to buynow. and if I do, won't that take away the makeoffer feature? how did the person manage to get both makeoffer and buynow on above shot?

thanks!

•••
in

Please check my name WWW. Polkarose.com. it is parked with bodis, from there URL redirect to afternic sales lander. Like Domain name sales, is there any way to separate parking and sales?
Yes you can, but I don't remember how off the top of my head. I will get someone to answer you from Afternic tomorrow.

•••
Joe: someone just posted a shot of the sale lander at godaddy.. I'm a bit confused maybe u can clarify:

if I have a listing which is makeoffer only, and then send that up to PREMIUM by adding bnuynow to it.

or do I actually need to first chance the listing type to buynow. and if I do, won't that take away the makeoffer feature? how did the person manage to get both makeoffer and buynow on above shot?

thanks!
You can list the name as an offer make offer listing with a BIN price as well on the GoDaddy auctions and it will show up like the screenshot.

•••
The video I posted explains a lot of the questions that are coming up in here. If you list a name without a BIN price it will show up on GoDaddy auctions in most cases but not in most of the other registrar partners.

•••
ok I see now thanks Joe.
but adding it to premium has to be done seperately right? in other words if I setup buynow price on auctions either using type: buynow only or makeoffer+buynow.. it will not automatically go premium.. correct?

•••
The name will show up as premium if you have a BIN price and you list it on the Godaddy auction page and click the orange button under the domain listing that says "make it a premium" That will require you to make it a BIN and will list it as a premium name. Also if you list it at Afternic with a BIN and there is no transfer lock on the domain the registrar where the name is registered will email you asking you to agree to opt in to the fast transfer of that name if it is sold, once that happens it will show up on all the partners who offer fast transfer which is over 100 and 9 of the top 10 registrars as a premium name.

•••
a few months ago, I asked them the same thing and my request got denied

afternic is a mess .. I didn't even know that was on their FAQ page or else I'd have mentioned it to them

thanks for the headsup
Yes they are a mess! I sold a domain a few weeks ago and chose to be paid by check but instead they sent a paypal deposit to someone else's email who I don't know and has nothing to do with me.

•••
Yes they are a mess! I sold a domain a few weeks ago and chose to be paid by check but instead they sent a paypal deposit to someone else's email who I don't know and has nothing to do with me.

ouch. That's way worse than what I have experienced.

On the last email I sent to the support, they mentioned that they are about to do some changes. I really hope they sort out all those things that bother us.

•••
Is it possible to do no Make Offer or Minimum Offer on Afternic, and just simply have a Buy Now -- and still have it be Premium, distributed through the different registrars?

•••
Got an offer on one of my domain through Afternic which I accepted. Buyer paid through PayPal to Afternic escrow but yesterday, received an email from buyer that Afternic has returned his PayPal payment and wanted him to send the payment through wire transfer which he is not willing to do so. Transaction is now cancelled and Afternic has relisted my domain.

•••
Is it possible to do no Make Offer or Minimum Offer on Afternic, and just simply have a Buy Now -- and still have it be Premium, distributed through the different registrars?

nope. not with afternic.
min offer is listed as required field with asterix.

all u can do if you want to sell for specific amounts with little to no flexibility, is set min offer just under buynow. ex min900.. bin1000
etc

cheers

•••
I hope that I can answer a few of these questions. It looks like there is a lot going on here, so if I miss something or you need assistance with getting names listed correctly please reach out to me: ashiflett (at) afternic.com. The video that Joe posted simplifies a lot of what is being asked here, so if you get a chance I recommend watching it.

in

We have found that it is best to engage interested buyers. To do this we want them to talk with an expert through Phone or Email before they see the price. For this reason the page you have your domain above pointing to is not the one we would recommen (that page is more for people who show up directly on Afternic.com, which tends to be a more educated audience.) For your direct type in traffic domain leads we recommend using this link on your parked page:

http://www.afternic.com/forsale?utm_campaign=TDFS_Site&traffic_id=SITE&traffic_type=TDFS

When added to a parked page this will add a link similar to the one on the top of CallingCoyote.com which then takes them to our Sales Lead Form.

If you are trying to send it directly to our sales lander (skipping the parking all together like you did with the above domain at bodis) then use the followig link (the domain name function will need to be adjusted depending on parking platform):

http://www.afternic.com/forsale/{domain name}?utm_campaign=TDFS_Site&traffic_id=SITE&traffic_type=TDFS

thanks!
illust-parking

Our sales lander goes to a Lead form that will not display a price. You can check an example out here: https://www.afternic.com/forsale/callingcoyote.com

When you refer to Premium, this is the level of listing that receives the maximum exposure across the Afternic Partner network and does not affect the sales landing page. Some registrars, especially international ones, will only accept Premium Listings as the transfers are handled automatically with Fast-Transfer and do not require hand holding. To opt a domain into Premium you must price it in the Afternic system, then you will receive an email from your Registrar (GoDaddy, Enom, Network Solutions, etc) requiring you to opt it in. Once you click on that you can rest assured that it is getting optimal distribution across the Afternic Partner Network!

ok I see now thanks Joe.
but adding it to premium has to be done seperately right? in other words if I setup buynow price on auctions either using type: buynow only or makeoffer+buynow.. it will not automatically go premium.. correct?

Once you price a domain in Afternic you will receive an opt-in notification from your registrar. You will need to click on that and then it will be Premium. Afternic automatically feeds your domains into GoDaddy, GoDaddy Auctions, Network Solutions, Enom, HiChina, as well as over 100 other Registrars where end-users are searching for domains. This allows you to only have to list your domains in once place and manage it directly there.

A minimum offer is used in the following two scenarios:
1. When a Domain does not have a price, the minimum offer is displayed as a minimum offer across the Partner Network (less Registrars accept unpriced inventory)
2. When someone goes to Afternic.com directly.

In scenario 2, we do not direct traffic to Afternic.com so the exposure you get there is very minimal. If you are worried someone is going directly to Afternic.com then you can always have your Minimum Offer price be the exact same as your Buy Now price.

Once you price a domain the Buy Now price is what is distributed to the Registrars so you do not have to worry about the minimum offer being displayed where the end-users are looking.

•••
I'd like to know more about that if you can pm me the domain I can see what happened. Thanks.

•••
I'd like to know more about that if you can pm me the domain I can see what happened. Thanks.

i sincerely wish afternic or your people could manage what you yourself refer to as tech issue when I call you about it.. and ensure that when client adds buynow pricings to his domains, they do not right away (and for no other reason than adding buynow price) go into review. and remain there often until client prsonaly needs to contact you about it.

it takes up your time and client time to call each time new bin prices are added, to get the domains back online again.

again, these are all domains that were before already reviews. already accepted and placed for sale. and the only thing that was added was buynow price to them.

imo it is a major shortcoming that shoudl receive priotity treatment and fix imo.

and it becomes particularly bad when client has all his domains redirecting to your sales lander. because once doamisn enter into review, they are no longer accessible on sale lander. and potential buyrs receive nothing but error screen when landing there via typin trafic or otherwise.

thank you for considering.

•••
To hide your other listings, you go to " my account" top right then click "account settings" at the bottom of that page, you can edit what appears on your profile page and your listings.
I have never made a sale through afternic, but i love the fact it appears at goodaddy and others.
All are make offer, with floor price set, so they can give the price in 24 hours.

Thanks for all the advice and tips!

•••
We have found that it is best to engage interested buyers. To do this we want them to talk with an expert through Phone or Email before they see the price. For this reason the page you have your domain above pointing to is not the one we would recommen (that page is more for people who show up directly on Afternic.com, which tends to be a more educated audience.) For your direct type in traffic domain leads we recommend using this link on your parked page:

It's surprising to me that showing a BIN would increase conversion elsewhere but not on a lander.

GO YANKEES

•••
@Alan Shiflett @Joe Styler

Thanks for letting us know how to configure DNS.

The ForSale links solve my purpose. (if the domains are in small quantity)

what if i have domains more than 1000? i couldnt edit each and every DNS and forward.

In domainnamesales platform(only for exmple), we have an option. if we want a sales lander, just we have to select sales button. Our task is ,All the domains bulk modified at registrar level to their nameservers.

Please have a look.

upload_2016-3-18_11-8-9.png

Can we have a feature like this? it saves a lot of time.

Thanks

•••
i sincerely wish afternic or your people could manage what you yourself refer to as tech issue when I call you about it.. and ensure that when client adds buynow pricings to his domains, they do not right away (and for no other reason than adding buynow price) go into review. and remain there often until client prsonaly needs to contact you about it.

it takes up your time and client time to call each time new bin prices are added, to get the domains back online again.

again, these are all domains that were before already reviews. already accepted and placed for sale. and the only thing that was added was buynow price to them.

imo it is a major shortcoming that shoudl receive priotity treatment and fix imo.

and it becomes particularly bad when client has all his domains redirecting to your sales lander. because once doamisn enter into review, they are no longer accessible on sale lander. and potential buyrs receive nothing but error screen when landing there via typin trafic or otherwise.

thank you for considering.
This is why I have my own landing pages and my own Adsense. On my landing page I refer to either Afternic or Flippa.

•••
This is why I have my own landing pages and my own Adsense. On my landing page I refer to either Afternic or Flippa.
How do you do this?
Do you host all domains or just forward them to landing pages?

•••
How do you do this?
Do you host all domains or just forward them to landing pages?
I have one domain which I have on my hosting with Wordpress and I create a page with an image relating to the domain showing a button with a clear invitation to click through to see the listing.

I stealth forward each domain to its page and use the domain name as the title of the page ir post.

I grab code from my adsense account and place it in a text widget wherever I want the ads to show. Mostly on top of the page. I use a mobile banner size for everything.

I like the images on vectorstock.com and every download is $1

I have alexa.com on the Wordpress installation which tells me the hit count of each page and where the traffic came from. This also gives me incentive to develope content related to the domain which only helps it be discovered.

I use little teaser pop ups like "Aww come on! I know you wanna know how much you can buy me for..." If you can make someone laugh then they may click through to the listing.

I started with a managed Wordpress Cpanel hosting several years ago and now operate my own server. It's been a nice learning experience and you'll never be sorry you did it.

•••
PM me if I can help you in any way.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back