NameSilo

Afternic username

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

How do I change the username in Afternic?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
this is odd. your rep directed me to another link, ofr which the picture I posted on page#2.

and namecheap is not there. do you know which link is correct? and if yours, then can you say why me either I never got any email from namecheap? tnx.
That is the latest page form our site. I can't tell you why you didn't get an email from name cheap. There could be multiple reasons. The best thing to do is contact afternic support and they can find out for you.

•••
That is the latest page form our site. I can't tell you why you didn't get an email from name cheap. There could be multiple reasons. The best thing to do is contact afternic support and they can find out for you.

alright!
just got off phon with afternic!

as we all knew. afternic reseller/standard vs premium networks are a mess to understand even for finest among us.. thus here it is:

the link given by Joe (which includes namecheap) is for RESELLER/standard network . and not premium network. which confirms that you will never get optin email from namecheap.

the premium network is as per my picture posted in page2.

hope this helps. I'm all clear on it now at least. so don't wait on them namecheap emails. ;)

cheers

•••
I added them long ago...Months..I did not get Opt-in Mails
There are different things to consider so it is best to reach out to support on the specific domains and they can answer you. It's all in the agreements but here are a couple possibilities, there is a lock on the domain transfer lock from the registry/registrar that won't allow transfer. I am not talking about the lock already mentioned in this thread but say a new hand registration is locked for 60 days by ICANN from transferring, or a registrar lock etc, on those you can opt in but you won't get the email from the registrar until that lock expires and the name can move so it might be two months if you just registered or transferred a domain.
We check for trademarks, adult names are not displayed across the network etc. There are several rules based on what the partners will/will not display on their websites. And of course there could be a hiccup where something gets stuck. That's why it is best to reach out to support if you don't see the emails coming within a day of opting in. They can give specifics about the domain in question.

•••
alright!
just got off phon with afternic!

as we all knew. afternic reseller/standard vs premium networks are a mess to understand even for finest among us.. thus here it is:

the link given by Joe (which includes namecheap) is for RESELLER/standard network . and not premium network. which confirms that you will never get optin email from namecheap.

the premium network is as per my picture posted in page2.

hope this helps. I'm all clear on it now at least. so don't wait on them namecheap emails. ;)

cheers
Great thanks for sharing. The support team has the latest lists and is more up to date on all changes. Which is why I say to contact them, they can help make sure your domains appear in as many places as possible when you list them for sale.

•••
There are different things to consider so it is best to reach out to support on the specific domains and they can answer you. It's all in the agreements but here are a couple possibilities, there is a lock on the domain transfer lock from the registry/registrar that won't allow transfer. I am not talking about the lock already mentioned in this thread but say a new hand registration is locked for 60 days by ICANN from transferring, or a registrar lock etc, on those you can opt in but you won't get the email from the registrar until that lock expires and the name can move so it might be two months if you just registered or transferred a domain.
We check for trademarks, adult names are not displayed across the network etc. There are several rules based on what the partners will/will not display on their websites. And of course there could be a hiccup where something gets stuck. That's why it is best to reach out to support if you don't see the emails coming within a day of opting in. They can give specifics about the domain in question.

do u know off top of your head whether it is true or myth that aftrnic sets min price to $250 across all preminum net partners.. when sending out domains (which may include godaddy asuctions)... regardles of whether you set that min to $20 on afternic listing.

its been discussed before on this thread, and someone confirmed they've seen it also. so I do not believe I am the only one to halucinate.

it's not a big deal, howebver as you know, some of us may have some doamins which they are willing rto sell for less than $250 min.. so this limits options a lot. any thoughts? tnx.

•••
Great thanks for sharing. The support team has the latest lists and is more up to date on all changes. Which is why I say to contact them, they can help make sure your domains appear in as many places as possible when you list them for sale.

yep np. in this particular case the confusion was not about uptodate lists, but simply about which partners are part of which network. so both your link and my pic are pefectly valid and uptodate.

so its all divived into two networks.. standard/reseller and premium.
former is on your link.
latter on my picture.
glad to help
I admit afternic netowrks fine as they are, are also mighty confusing. ;)

•••
•••
yes np.
I am glad it is resolved.
my main concern was to know if namecheap is on premium cause I too never got emails. and I have quite few domains there. so I am glad to setle this, and not wait on namcheap emails no more.
ty

•••
do u know off top of your head whether it is true or myth that aftrnic sets min price to $250 across all preminum net partners.. when sending out domains (which may include godaddy asuctions)... regardles of whether you set that min to $20 on afternic listing.

its been discussed before on this thread, and someone confirmed they've seen it also. so I do not believe I am the only one to halucinate.

it's not a big deal, however as you know, some of us may have some doamins which they are willing rto sell for less than $250 min.. so this limits options a lot. any thoughts? tnx.
For your domains to be listed on the premium network/ The fast transfer network which is larger, it has to meet certain requirements, one is that the name has to be a buy now (BIN) price over $250. If you want to list for less than that you can but it will not be eligible to show up on the broader network.
Afternic wouldn't change any of your pricing on your behalf you would have to do it during the listing or editing process.

•••
For your domains to be listed on the premium network/ The fast transfer network which is larger, it has to meet certain requirements, one is that the name has to be a buy now (BIN) price over $250. If you want to list for less than that you can but it will not be eligible to show up on the broader network.
Afternic wouldn't change any of your pricing on your behalf you would have to do it during the listing or editing process.

thanks, but just to be clear.. I really did refer to the minimum price and not buynow.

I noticed that even when I set min price to $20 on afternic, and set the buy now to say $500... I still noticed (anmd some people here confirmd it too I think) that this domain showed up rightly with 500 bin, but also with min $250... on some partners sites.

do you think this could at all be possible?

I also thank you for clarifying about buynow. I had no idea there was min requirment for buyow $250 to show on premium. as I said before, some people have domains, expiring or others, that they wish to get rid of quicker.. theerfore allowing min price below $250 or buynow price below $250.. would be great for those people. but if your ways of doing thigns do not allow then that's fine. I do not believe this is menti0oned anywhere so I had no idea.
thanks

•••
I just noticed that none of my names at afternic are listed in godaddy. Before they all were.
Any reason why? Ex. OkanaganDreams.com (make offer) DnBrain.com (bin)

They are showing up in goodaddy auctions.. How to we get them to show up when someone does a domain search at godaddy.com?

Thanks

I see that it current does show up when you search for them on GoDaddy.com: https://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?checkAvail=1&domainToCheck=OkanaganDreams.com

If they want to make an offer it would take them over to GoDaddy Auctions to complete the offer/purchase. If you want it to be done directly through GoDaddy Front of Site then you would need to opt your domains into the fast transfer network (to do this the domain has to be at a participating registrar.)

that's also another issue that we talked earlier in the thread; the random domain disappearance from showing @ godaddy

I thought that this happened when a price was changed on Afternic and domain got -again- under review but I'm not sure tbh

It used to be that when you re-priced a domain that it would put it through the same process as if you listed the domain brand new, thus causing removal from the network. A fix for this is being rolled out this week that should prevent this. If you see this again please DM me so I can look into it!

I been transfering to other registrars, and I get email about removal from premium network each time, but every name fails to show now at godaddy .com.
The name is still in afternic after registrar transfer just not premium network

When you transfer domains you have to re-opt in your domains to Fast Transfer. The reason being is that it is your Registrar that keeps track of which names have permission from the owner to be transferred when the domain sells through Afternic. Since you have switched Registrars then the new Registrar needs to get them opted in. Our service team can help you do that or feel free to email me and I can help: ashiflett (at) afternic.com

If the domain is not on the premium network then it's right not to be showing on GoDaddy. GD *is* part of the premium network so when you move to a non-premium-supported registrar, your domain will stop showing on GD and all other afternic's network marketplaces afaik.

regarding the /name/[domain] , I've showed that URL earlier on the thread. That's actually one of the URL I use when I want to show the BIN and min to the buyer.

Even if it is not opted in to the Premium Network the domain sill still show on GoDaddy's front of site. However, for purchase they will be directed through the GoDaddy Auctions platform.

search CareServices.ca at godaddy.com , nope. Godaddy auctions yup..

If you search for it on GoDaddy.com and I see it come up. However for purchase it would redirect them to GoDaddy Auctions.

https://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?checkAvail=1&domainToCheck=OkanaganDreams.com

I read on the Afternic site that domains must be in unlocked state to be eligible for Fast Transfer. Not sure if this simply means past the 60-day lock, or literally manually "unlocked" within the registrar. Anyone know?

They do not need to be unlocked within the registrar. Just opted-in through the registrar

I added them long ago...Months..I did not get Opt-in Mails

If you could email me at ashiflett (at) afternic.com with your account username I can take a look and resend opt ins for you.

•••
I see that it current does show up when you search for them on GoDaddy.com: https://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?checkAvail=1&domainToCheck=OkanaganDreams.com

If you could email me at ashiflett (at) afternic.com with your account username I can take a look and resend opt ins for you.

I tried the link, and it still showing here as sorry taken at godaddy.ca which i always default too.
Update, what I did was default to United States-english and now they are all showing the listed price.
Maybe you should default to Canada-English and see if it works, maybe an issue.

I also added a name to

Congratulations on choosing the Afternic Premium Network for the promotion of your domain names. Your domains are registered with an eligible Premium Network registrar.

In order to get the domains live on the Premium Network: 1) we need to confirm your domain ownership and 2) you need to accept the Premium Network terms and conditions so that your domains are opted-in to the Premium Network. You will be contacted shortly through email to complete the opt-in process. Click on the link in that email to complete the process for the following domains:

The name is at Domain.com I got your email on March18 and have not heard from them.

Thanks for coming here and helping answer questions, @Alan Shiflett

Also search shows as taken in Canada-French Désolé, okanagandreams.com est pris. Vous le voulez toujours ? Ce que vous devez faire

•••

If they want to make an offer it would take them over to GoDaddy Auctions to complete the offer/purchase. If you want it to be done directly through GoDaddy Front of Site then you would need to opt your domains into the fast transfer network (to do this the domain has to be at a participating registrar.)

It used to be that when you re-priced a domain that it would put it through the same process as if you listed the domain brand new, thus causing removal from the network. A fix for this is being rolled out this week that should prevent this. If you see this again please DM me so I can look into it!

When you transfer domains you have to re-opt in your domains to Fast Transfer. The reason being is that it is your Registrar that keeps track of which names have permission from the owner to be transferred when the domain sells through Afternic. Since you have switched Registrars then the new Registrar needs to get them opted in. Our service team can help you do that or feel free to email me and I can help: ashiflett (at) afternic.com

Even if it is not opted in to the Premium Network the domain sill still show on GoDaddy's front of site. However, for purchase they will be directed through the GoDaddy Auctions platform.

If you search for it on GoDaddy.com and I see it come up. However for purchase it would redirect them to GoDaddy Auctions.

https://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?checkAvail=1&domainToCheck=OkanaganDreams.com

They do not need to be unlocked within the registrar. Just opted-in through the registrar

just wondering.. is there truly nothing you can do on your end so that when a user adds bin to their listings on afternic, they do not go into review? I have domains which were make offer only before.. all reviewed and active.. then I added bin and everything goes into review and I have to call each time to get the back online again. tnx.

•••
I tried the link, and it still showing here as sorry taken at godaddy.ca which i always default too.
Update, what I did was default to United States-english and now they are all showing the listed price.
Maybe you should default to Canada-English and see if it works, maybe an issue.

I also added a name to

Congratulations on choosing the Afternic Premium Network for the promotion of your domain names. Your domains are registered with an eligible Premium Network registrar.

In order to get the domains live on the Premium Network: 1) we need to confirm your domain ownership and 2) you need to accept the Premium Network terms and conditions so that your domains are opted-in to the Premium Network. You will be contacted shortly through email to complete the opt-in process. Click on the link in that email to complete the process for the following domains:

The name is at Domain.com I got your email on March18 and have not heard from them.

Thanks for coming here and helping answer questions, @Alan Shiflett

Also search shows as taken in Canada-French Désolé, okanagandreams.com est pris. Vous le voulez toujours ? Ce que vous devez faire

I just tried both versions of the Canadian site and am showing them come up as available to make an offer on GoDaddy's front of site search. Very strange you are not seeing the same thing.

In regards to not getting an email from Domain.com can you send me over the domain (preferably via email so I can have someone look into it: ashiflett (at) afternic.com) Typically the only time a Registrar doesnt send out the opt in is If the domain had a 60-day registration lock on it then the Registrar won't send out an email (you can't opt in a domain if it can't be transferred due to an ICANN lock)

just wondering.. is there truly nothing you can do on your end so that when a user adds bin to their listings on afternic, they do not go into review? I have domains which were make offer only before.. all reviewed and active.. then I added bin and everything goes into review and I have to call each time to get the back online again. tnx.

This is something that has annoyed me as well. There is a fix that is supposed to go out this week that should fix this issue. If you continue to see it going forward please reach out to me so I can let the dev team know! ashiflett (at) afternic.com

•••
It has a 60 day lock on it, new reg. Thanks for pointing that out

•••
I just tried both versions of the Canadian site and am showing them come up as available to make an offer on GoDaddy's front of site search. Very strange you are not seeing the same thing.

In regards to not getting an email from Domain.com can you send me over the domain (preferably via email so I can have someone look into it: ashiflett (at) afternic.com) Typically the only time a Registrar doesnt send out the opt in is If the domain had a 60-day registration lock on it then the Registrar won't send out an email (you can't opt in a domain if it can't be transferred due to an ICANN lock)

This is something that has annoyed me as well. There is a fix that is supposed to go out this week that should fix this issue. If you continue to see it going forward please reach out to me so I can let the dev team know! ashiflett (at) afternic.com

that be real great. thanks!

I have quite few domains.. and just recently decided to set them all bin. put on premium etc.. so I do this at pace of maybe 20-30 a day.. and they all go into review.. and I call you each time to fix it.

as you suspect, this would not be a very pressing matter to me had I not pointed al my domains to afternic sale lander. then I could wait few days for your reviews.. but I do have them pointed there, so I need them up running asap. else potential byuers gets blank error page.

glad your pushing to get it done
thanks

•••
I point a few to my godaddy auction listing, but since it is under review, it too is showing an error page.
Maybe even have a different url once it gets approved. I visit every site once a week to make sure all is well.

•••
yes. correct.

not a single domain showing in your aftrnic account as in review, will ever display sale lander for visitor.

BUT... you may not know this.. cxause lo behold if you go test it from your own browser (in non ingonito window) it will show the lander! maybe its a cache thing maybe something else not sure! but I know for fact it shows inreview domain landers in your own browser.. unless you go incognito (equivalent to visitor landing on your page). very messy stuff indeed.

•••
Strange, my domain is in review.
It doesnt appear in the search at afternic, but if I type www.afternic.com/domain/mydomain.
the for sale page comes up. Same as /forsale/

One thing I dont like about /forsale/ there is no link to afternic, so some joe goes to that page, they may want to do some research on the company. An About Afternic link should be on the /forsale/page

•••
Strange, my domain is in review.
It doesnt appear in the search at afternic, but if I type www.afternic.com/domain/mydomain.
the for sale page comes up. Same as /forsale/

One thing I dont like about /forsale/ there is no link to afternic, so some joe goes to that page, they may want to do some research on the company. An About Afternic link should be on the /forsale/page

well that's precisely what I said
it shows in your browser
but in no one else's

to confirm just try going there in incgnito mode

•••
Thanks for your help Alcy, this is getting confusing.
One other thing, I was on my cell, went to godaddy.ca and searched developing dot com and it said not available. I switched to United States-English and searched again and it showed my asking price.
How many names have I searched that showed as not available, that may have been for sale at a good price...
Off to search for a wordpress theme, hopefully our names will get approved soon and people have learned that it may stay in review for a long period of time, like perpetuity, so check to see if they get approved, or just email them.

•••
Thanks for your help Alcy, this is getting confusing.
One other thing, I was on my cell, went to godaddy.ca and searched developing dot com and it said not available. I switched to United States-English and searched again and it showed my asking price.
How many names have I searched that showed as not available, that may have been for sale at a good price...
Off to search for a wordpress theme, hopefully our names will get approved soon and people have learned that it may stay in review for a long period of time, like perpetuity, so check to see if they get approved, or just email them.

np.

yes, very confusing!
sale lander shows error to everyone who goes to yoru page, except to you when you test it in your browser! how about that! any more confusinf than this and I die! ;)

well.. I don't wait around for them to approve like Isaid. I just call them up. and its done on spot.

gl

•••
Hi there,

I recently got an offer on one of my domains. the offer was countered, but now I change my mind and would be happy to accept it. How can I contact a buyer?

Thanks.

•••
Hi there,

I recently got an offer on one of my domains. the offer was countered, but now I change my mind and would be happy to accept it. How can I contact a buyer?

Thanks.

Leave a message on your interface or contact afternic

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back