Dynadot

1AND1 IS A CONFIRMED SCAM REGISTRAR !!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
Hello domainers! I have confirmed that 1and1 is a confirmed scam registrar.

What happened is that, in order for me to reduce cost of renewals and to also register some few new domains, I searched google for cheap domain registratrar and I found 1and1.com ads on many places with their ongoing promo of 0.99cent for a first .com domains and I transfered my domain to them succesfully, and there was a charged of $1 on my card with expectation that they have charged me for the transfer. Following that I hand regged another two .com domains, because of the contracts I signed with them is; buy 2 and get additional one for free. But to my supprised and a great disapoinment; I was chaged a sum.of additional $24 for the three domains. If they have changed their mind and if worst come to worse, instead of them to charge me as follows $0.99 + $8.99+$8.99. They charged my card a sum of $24 in about a month later.
I have never seen such a registrar before, to charge in about a month after registration and transfer completion.

I have sent them mails to remind them of their so called promo and contracts but they are not listening at all.

So I decided to allert domainers not to fall into the same scam like myself. The worst now is that there is no way for me to move out my domains from them until afetr the ICANN 60 days deadline for transfer of domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We all know already what a sh*t registrar 1and1 is. And to be avoided at all costs. If you had searched NamePros or Google you would have realized this. You'll have another bout of problems when you transfer the domains away as well. Unless you follow their instructions to the letter and cancel their hosting along with the domain transfer. I'm sorry you have had to find out the hard way :(

•••
The number of negative reviews of this registrar beggars belief. How are they still allowed to operate? Who regulates registrars? ICANN? Surely they cannot be deemed to be operating legally and within the rules.

•••
They are owned by the same owners as Sedo, if you can believe that. Really.

•••
•••
If there is a NP auction and the domain is with 1and1 i will never make a bid because of how bad they are... It's a shame as I have seen some good numerics up for auction over the past 6 months but it just not worth the hassle.

I cancelled my 1and1 account last year after it took months transferring out a few domains... I feel your pain with them... :(

•••
I had some of my domains at 1and1. I have transferred most of them successfully till so far. One more is underway. Problem appears to be in their collection agency.

•••
I lik their free email works good use alot

•••
Same story here. I avoid listings where the registrar is 1 and 1.

•••
The worst senario is that I could not cancel my payment details given to them in my account, to avoid another charges. I have tried many times to do so but to no avail, I then moved out all my cash out of that bank account and to hotlist my card.

•••
You can do a chargeback with your bank to get your money back.

•••
You can do a chargeback with your bank to get your money back.

Yap! You are right, but you know, that could affect my domains or what do you think?

•••
Europe 1and1 service is very good. :xf.smile:

•••

Nope. They are BIG SCAMERS!
They (1und1) are stole from me around 400+ domains. Literally.

•••

What! Stole 400 domains or what?

•••
What! Stole 400 domains or what?
Yup, that is true. I have more than 400 domains with 1und1 and when I check whois they are still mine but in my 1und1 account number of domains is - 5 only. They are not there. I cant move them, renew... because I don't see them. I have a really big problems with that registrar since Oct. 2014.

•••
•••

Sorry, I haven't had big problems with 1and1. If something happen I call the customer service/support and they fix it.
This is my esperience!

•••
Hello domainers! I have confirmed that 1and1 is a confirmed scam registrar.

What happened is that, in order for me to reduce cost of renewals and to also register some few new domains, I searched google for cheap domain registratrar and I found 1and1.com ads on many places with their ongoing promo of 0.99cent for a first .com domains and I transfered my domain to them succesfully, and there was a charged of $1 on my card with expectation that they have charged me for the transfer. Following that I hand regged another two .com domains, because of the contracts I signed with them is; buy 2 and get additional one for free. But to my supprised and a great disapoinment; I was chaged a sum.of additional $24 for the three domains. If they have changed their mind and if worst come to worse, instead of them to charge me as follows $0.99 + $8.99+$8.99. They charged my card a sum of $24 in about a month later.
I have never seen such a registrar before, to charge in about a month after registration and transfer completion.

I have sent them mails to remind them of their so called promo and contracts but they are not listening at all.

So I decided to allert domainers not to fall into the same scam like myself. The worst now is that there is no way for me to move out my domains from them until afetr the ICANN 60 days deadline for transfer of domain names.
THANKS FOR INFORMING US!!!!! I was about to try them!! Thanks a lot!! You saved my nerve cells.

•••
Yap! You are right, but you know, that could affect my domains or what do you think?

Do a chargeback after transferring the domains somewhere else? They obviously overcharged you and haven't corrected it so you're fully allowed to do a chargeback.

•••
I think this is a big part of the problem with them and Sedo. they are great in Europe...well maybe not great, but acceptable. The time differential sure doesn't help those of us in the US. A company their size should have 24 hour support.

•••
Sorry, I haven't had big problems with 1and1. If something happen I call the customer service/support and they fix it.
This is my esperience!

I ´m talking about 1und1 Internet AG, they are a part of 1and1.
You probably talking about UK part :)
1und1 customer service is a Joke. I call them 1.000.000 times and 0 problems was solved. The answer was always the same - ´´you have to many domains and we cant..... ´´
The only way to solve a problems (two times only) was a letters with copys, screenshots... etc.

•••
I ´m talking about 1und1 Internet AG, they are a part of 1and1.
You probably talking about UK part :)

I'm talking about Italian support.

Last January I bought almost 2 hundred domains at 1and1... becuase they promoted registrations at €1!
No problems, I paid €1 + VAT(IVA) each.

This days I renewed only few of them, and the process didn't have any problems.

Last edited:
•••
My last transfer was also completed in 24 hours from 1and1. I was very skeptical about them beforehand by reading reviews here. They gave me cheapest deal till so far. Never had a problem with transfer out from them till now.
Their payment collection agency is somewhat erratic and charges card days after purchase. You may choose to block all international transactions by default and unlock it only when necessary if such facility is available with your card. Fortunately I have such mechanism. This prevents unwanted renewal charge if we forget to switch off auto renewal.

•••
So many registrars, why someone go there?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back