IT.COM

1AND1 IS A CONFIRMED SCAM REGISTRAR !!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
Hello domainers! I have confirmed that 1and1 is a confirmed scam registrar.

What happened is that, in order for me to reduce cost of renewals and to also register some few new domains, I searched google for cheap domain registratrar and I found 1and1.com ads on many places with their ongoing promo of 0.99cent for a first .com domains and I transfered my domain to them succesfully, and there was a charged of $1 on my card with expectation that they have charged me for the transfer. Following that I hand regged another two .com domains, because of the contracts I signed with them is; buy 2 and get additional one for free. But to my supprised and a great disapoinment; I was chaged a sum.of additional $24 for the three domains. If they have changed their mind and if worst come to worse, instead of them to charge me as follows $0.99 + $8.99+$8.99. They charged my card a sum of $24 in about a month later.
I have never seen such a registrar before, to charge in about a month after registration and transfer completion.

I have sent them mails to remind them of their so called promo and contracts but they are not listening at all.

So I decided to allert domainers not to fall into the same scam like myself. The worst now is that there is no way for me to move out my domains from them until afetr the ICANN 60 days deadline for transfer of domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1and1.com = Sedo.com = Mail.com = .CLUB Registry ;)

Wooaaaah dude... are u saying that they are all owned by the same people??

•••
Seriously, I don't know why they are still in business.

Because they spend a fortune on advertising, they keep ripping off newbies, and regulators give them a free pass.

If payment processors got enough complaints about 1&1 and stopped working with them they would be out of business.

I too had the letters from collection agencies, unwanted renewal, and 1&1 saying they could only solve the problem by phoning them - on a number that does not work. They are crooks.

•••
I went cancel the autorenew on them but they didn't allow me to do so... cos it was 3 days until they were due for renewal

Been right there, had to pay them suckers $15 and move on. Lucky I only had 1 domain registered for $0.99.

It's one of those nasty circus shows where you pay $1 to enter and $5 to leave.

•••
@deez007 - Sorry to here about that. Yep. I'm saying that.

•••
•••
Wooaaaah dude... are u saying that they are all owned by the same people??
I guess that yes.

1&1 Internet, founded in 1988, is a web hosting company owned by United Internet, a German Internet company. Sedo is a brand of United Internet AG.
DomCollect AG member of United Internet. DomCollect is a subsidiary of Sedo.

mail.com is a 1and1 company.

upload_2016-2-11_13-17-59.png

http://sedo.com/club
upload_2016-2-11_13-26-32.png

•••
Anyways I felt into this trap last year seeking lowest .com regs. After reading the thread I transferred out my only name from there. It just happened instantly, the name is in my uniregistry now. Transfer was quick and smooth.

•••
Anyways I felt into this trap last year seeking lowest .com regs. After reading the thread I transferred out my only name from there. It just happened instantly, the name is in my uniregistry now. Transfer was quick and smooth.

As I've said above. I hope you deleted the hosting as well as the domain at 1and1 else you will be caught up in the same trap as everyone else.

•••
After reading your reply I have checked everywhere to see if hosting is connected to my name, I could not find any. I read the mail they send me there was nothing suggesting about hosting.

•••
After reading your reply I have checked everywhere to see if hosting is connected to my name, I could not find any. I read the mail they send me there was nothing suggesting about hosting.

Then I think you "might" be caught in the same trap as everyone else come renewal time. Their support is useless, but I would try to get them to admit that you have no future obligations regarding the registration and hosting for that domain. At least then you would have something in writing to fight back with. But I think you should be prepared that your credit card "might" be charged again at renewal time.

Did you read their ToS? From memory it says something to the effect that hosting is connected with every registration. But it's a long time since I looked at theire ToS.

•••
I have no credit card on file I used PayPal to pay them. There was a contract which was cancelled after the name was transferred out.

•••
What contract was canceled? Could you be more specific? Was it for registration, hosting, or both?

•••
Wonder shall never end; it happened today that 1and1 reversed a sum of $9.17 back into my bank account with explanations that it was mistakes from both sides - me and their billing dept.
I belive they have seen all your commnets and they are trying to ammed all their fault.
In short all I can now say is thank you all for your valuable contributions. I have learnt my lessons from all you have said and I will know what necessary steps to take.

Thanks and cheers to you all.

•••
@elevator - I doubt it. It's very hard for a leopard to change it's spots. But nice to know you got your refund :)

•••
Well, in this case if you value your domains and are hoping to keep them and avoid any headaches then you should find the nearest wishing well and throw your wallet into it because you are gonna need some luck.

Don't get me wrong, some people are able to be the "Lucky Ones" and don't have any problems that are that bad. However, for others dealing with 1&1 can cause severe stress which can (and probably has) lead to this:

8F07C01DBEA5513F7918C343BEDF91DFEE296B81
Wow! :)

•••
•••
Wonder shall never end; it happened today that 1and1 reversed a sum of $9.17 back into my bank account with explanations that it was mistakes from both sides - me and their billing dept.
I belive they have seen all your commnets and they are trying to ammed all their fault.
In short all I can now say is thank you all for your valuable contributions. I have learnt my lessons from all you have said and I will know what necessary steps to take.

Thanks and cheers to you all.
You mean it takes the whole community to make them moved? I agree :)

•••
@ZapNano - I very much doubt that any policy changes have been made at 1and1 by the contents of this thread :(

•••
@ZapNano - I very much doubt that any policy changes have been made at 1and1 by the contents of this thread :(
I'm not sure it has something to do with Flint water? Giggle :)

•••
I'm not sure it has something to do with Flint water? Giggle :)

Germany is a long way from Flint. So my guess it's not the water in Michigan which has caused them to be so generous to @elevator ;) And I don't think you can extrapolate that generosity to everyone else ;)

•••
Germany is a long way from Flint. So my guess it's not the water in Michigan which has caused them to be so generous to @elevator ;) And I don't think you can extrapolate that generosity to everyone else ;)
Oh Germany... In the other room the topic was also from Germany; and was also negative situation.

•••
•••
Thank God, I don't have to deal with issue. Sounds like they are up to no good. Sorry to all the victims. Time + money = stress

•••
Go to http://cancel.1and1.com and you'll be able to see if you have any remaining hosting contracts.

Thank you for this there was another contract which says 1&1 Instant Domain contract I remember this was one of the same I cancelled last day. Thank you @solarix for the direct link and thank you @stub

I wonder why they do have this much contracts for one name.

•••
They have a promo going on at the moment for those interested. $1 for . com new reg. Grab it while you can :laugh:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back