Domain Empire

1AND1 IS A CONFIRMED SCAM REGISTRAR !!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
Hello domainers! I have confirmed that 1and1 is a confirmed scam registrar.

What happened is that, in order for me to reduce cost of renewals and to also register some few new domains, I searched google for cheap domain registratrar and I found 1and1.com ads on many places with their ongoing promo of 0.99cent for a first .com domains and I transfered my domain to them succesfully, and there was a charged of $1 on my card with expectation that they have charged me for the transfer. Following that I hand regged another two .com domains, because of the contracts I signed with them is; buy 2 and get additional one for free. But to my supprised and a great disapoinment; I was chaged a sum.of additional $24 for the three domains. If they have changed their mind and if worst come to worse, instead of them to charge me as follows $0.99 + $8.99+$8.99. They charged my card a sum of $24 in about a month later.
I have never seen such a registrar before, to charge in about a month after registration and transfer completion.

I have sent them mails to remind them of their so called promo and contracts but they are not listening at all.

So I decided to allert domainers not to fall into the same scam like myself. The worst now is that there is no way for me to move out my domains from them until afetr the ICANN 60 days deadline for transfer of domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They have a promo going on at the moment for those interested. $1 for . com new reg. Grab it while you can :laugh:

As I've said above. It really is not worth the saving of approx $8 to deal with all the hassles you get from 1and1. time is money.

•••
That was irony lol. How would anyone having read the posts still go ahead and do business with them?

•••
•••
@bytedo - Of course I can see the irony. But I could also see it as you recommending 1and1 to do business with. So I'm happy to have elicited your response as to which side you stand on this issue. So that nobody is of the impression that they should be doing any business with 1and1.

•••
That was irony lol. How would anyone having read the posts still go ahead and do business with them?

Irony in deed. For your information, I 'm not comfortable doing business with them even with the refund. How can I be comfortable with a registrar that does not charge immediatly and you buy at a promo price and they charged at another price and for your information there is still a domain (mideast.club) with them which they have not charge the price of the transfer to them for almost a month now.
What irony are you talking about? Well you are free to go with them.
Thanks and cheers to you all.

•••
^^ Domainer do you know what irony means? We are of the same opinion on the issue my friend. Best wishes on your efforts to straighten things out with them

Last edited:
•••
OK Thanks if we really means samething. But by my dictionary; these are what irony means:
1. the humorous or mildly sarcastic use of words to imply the opposite of what they normally mean
2. an instance of this, used to draw attention to some incongruity or irrationality
3. incongruity between what is expected to be and what actually is, or a situation or result showing such incongruity.

Thanks and cheers.

•••
I didn't read all replies, but they are the worst among the worsts. It's obvious. I hope you got one important lesson for stolen dollars: always read reviews before tasting something new. Good luck with rescuing your money.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back