NameSilo

1AND1 IS A CONFIRMED SCAM REGISTRAR !!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
Hello domainers! I have confirmed that 1and1 is a confirmed scam registrar.

What happened is that, in order for me to reduce cost of renewals and to also register some few new domains, I searched google for cheap domain registratrar and I found 1and1.com ads on many places with their ongoing promo of 0.99cent for a first .com domains and I transfered my domain to them succesfully, and there was a charged of $1 on my card with expectation that they have charged me for the transfer. Following that I hand regged another two .com domains, because of the contracts I signed with them is; buy 2 and get additional one for free. But to my supprised and a great disapoinment; I was chaged a sum.of additional $24 for the three domains. If they have changed their mind and if worst come to worse, instead of them to charge me as follows $0.99 + $8.99+$8.99. They charged my card a sum of $24 in about a month later.
I have never seen such a registrar before, to charge in about a month after registration and transfer completion.

I have sent them mails to remind them of their so called promo and contracts but they are not listening at all.

So I decided to allert domainers not to fall into the same scam like myself. The worst now is that there is no way for me to move out my domains from them until afetr the ICANN 60 days deadline for transfer of domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are owned by the same owners as Sedo, if you can believe that. Really.

•••
We all know already what a sh*t registrar 1and1 is. And to be avoided at all costs. If you had searched NamePros or Google you would have realized this. You'll have another bout of problems when you transfer the domains away as well. Unless you follow their instructions to the letter and cancel their hosting along with the domain transfer. I'm sorry you have had to find out the hard way :(

•••
Oh. And their Control Panel sucks big time. It can take between one and two weeks for even simple changes to be effective on their servers. Support is obviously hopeless to help. You are better just waiting it out, than contacting their support to fix the problem.

And. Selling the domain rather than either dropping or transferring the domain, also does not cancel your hosting contract with them. Which is why it is so important to follow the instructions carefully about canceling the hosting for each and every domain. It's a real PITA. You have been warned :(

Last edited:
•••
The number of negative reviews of this registrar beggars belief. How are they still allowed to operate? Who regulates registrars? ICANN? Surely they cannot be deemed to be operating legally and within the rules.

•••
You can do a chargeback with your bank to get your money back.

•••
What! Stole 400 domains or what?
Yup, that is true. I have more than 400 domains with 1und1 and when I check whois they are still mine but in my 1und1 account number of domains is - 5 only. They are not there. I cant move them, renew... because I don't see them. I have a really big problems with that registrar since Oct. 2014.

•••
So many registrars, why someone go there?

•••
A long while ago I had to take 1 & 1 to the BBB because they somehow signed me up for 6 hosting accounts when I only needed one and then refused to cancel. Spoke with management and they had the gall to dare me to send them to the BBB. I did......added to their F rating on the BBB.....and vowed my entire life to be a naysayer from here until time eternity. STAY AWAY......

•••
I went cancel the autorenew on them but they didn't allow me to do so... cos it was 3 days until they were due for renewal

Been right there, had to pay them suckers $15 and move on. Lucky I only had 1 domain registered for $0.99.

It's one of those nasty circus shows where you pay $1 to enter and $5 to leave.

•••
Wooaaaah dude... are u saying that they are all owned by the same people??
I guess that yes.

1&1 Internet, founded in 1988, is a web hosting company owned by United Internet, a German Internet company. Sedo is a brand of United Internet AG.
DomCollect AG member of United Internet. DomCollect is a subsidiary of Sedo.

mail.com is a 1and1 company.

upload_2016-2-11_13-17-59.png

http://sedo.com/club
upload_2016-2-11_13-26-32.png

•••
•••
•••
If there is a NP auction and the domain is with 1and1 i will never make a bid because of how bad they are... It's a shame as I have seen some good numerics up for auction over the past 6 months but it just not worth the hassle.

I cancelled my 1and1 account last year after it took months transferring out a few domains... I feel your pain with them... :(

•••
I had some of my domains at 1and1. I have transferred most of them successfully till so far. One more is underway. Problem appears to be in their collection agency.

•••
I lik their free email works good use alot

•••
Same story here. I avoid listings where the registrar is 1 and 1.

•••
The worst senario is that I could not cancel my payment details given to them in my account, to avoid another charges. I have tried many times to do so but to no avail, I then moved out all my cash out of that bank account and to hotlist my card.

•••
You can do a chargeback with your bank to get your money back.

Yap! You are right, but you know, that could affect my domains or what do you think?

•••
Europe 1and1 service is very good. :xf.smile:

Nope. They are BIG SCAMERS!
They (1und1) are stole from me around 400+ domains. Literally.

•••
They stole my 1 domain last year too !!!

1&1 is the worst company for domain registeration !!!!

•••
wow I am in deep ocean. I just register 14 domains with 1and1.com. What can I do?

Transfer them out as soon as you can. You've seen what other domainers have said about not buying domain registered at 1and1. You have to be very careful to follow their instructions about canceling the hosting for each domain, else they will charge you again for the domains after the year is up. AND. If you don't pay, they will put your account into the hands of their credit collection agency, for collection. This agency is understandably brutal about collecting the money due, or ruining your credit rating.

•••
We all know already what a sh*t registrar 1and1 is. And to be avoided at all costs. If you had searched NamePros or Google you would have realized this. You'll have another bout of problems when you transfer the domains away as well. Unless you follow their instructions to the letter and cancel their hosting along with the domain transfer. I'm sorry you have had to find out the hard way :(
Stub, not everyone smart like you. :)

•••
Hello domainers! I have confirmed that 1and1 is a confirmed scam registrar.

What happened is that, in order for me to reduce cost of renewals and to also register some few new domains, I searched google for cheap domain registratrar and I found 1and1.com ads on many places with their ongoing promo of 0.99cent for a first .com domains and I transfered my domain to them succesfully, and there was a charged of $1 on my card with expectation that they have charged me for the transfer. Following that I hand regged another two .com domains, because of the contracts I signed with them is; buy 2 and get additional one for free. But to my supprised and a great disapoinment; I was chaged a sum.of additional $24 for the three domains. If they have changed their mind and if worst come to worse, instead of them to charge me as follows $0.99 + $8.99+$8.99. They charged my card a sum of $24 in about a month later.
I have never seen such a registrar before, to charge in about a month after registration and transfer completion.

I have sent them mails to remind them of their so called promo and contracts but they are not listening at all.

So I decided to allert domainers not to fall into the same scam like myself. The worst now is that there is no way for me to move out my domains from them until afetr the ICANN 60 days deadline for transfer of domain names.
Thank you for sharing this information.

•••
My Zero cent opinion. Rules, policy and regulations of such; does not stayed solid and the same forever. It tend to stretch and stressed towards more negatively . They tend to go by what the markets current condition and their customers vulnerabilities. Just a thought.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back