domain 1984.io) Mark Z. Year of Birth!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZapNano

:(Top Member
Impact
1984.io Mark Zuckerberg year of birth?? Facebook founder.

Your thoughts and opinions. Any potential for this domain?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Read the book "1984", better use of your time (and $).

•••
@ZapNano and @Ryan Dominic

@ others

Lets get back the thread on topic. ZapNano, you can disagree with the person and you too Ryan (by the way, welcome to the community) and also discuss in a civilized way. There is no need to attack each other and now move on.

Thank you for the welcome, and yes we are all free to disagree. I've moved on already, not worth it reasoning with someone not willing to listen.

•••
I personally don't think the domain is worth more, the fact that it is Mark Z's year of birth is irrelevant but I'm not going to come down hard on you for it.

Good luck with domaining.

•••
You have $100 is always going to be $100! That's why school wants you to learn basic math. So numbers has some value!! And currency number will never fade....
Incorrect. The average yearly US inflation rate is about 2.5%. If you have a $100 bill today, in ten years it will be worth $77 in today's dollar value.

There is a vast difference between domain investing and domain collecting. Almost everyone on NP does the former, where we buy with the intention of selling for a profit. It seems you do the later, where you register names because you like them or appreciate them.

The appraisal section is meant for members to judge a domain name's investment value, not its intrinsic meaning to the owner. If you wish to receive the type of feedback you want to hear, perhaps preface your threads differently.

•••
Lmao... holly cow. This was certainly and interesting read. I was just about kick back and relax for the evening. I rolled up a joint, lit her up and stumbled upon this thread... don't know if was the doobie but man this thread had me in stitches, I'm still laughing while typing this. Thanks for the entertaining read :)

•••
Incorrect. The average yearly US inflation rate is about 2.5%. If you have a $100 bill today, in ten years it will be worth $77 in today's dollar value.

There is a vast difference between domain investing and domain collecting. Almost everyone on NP does the former, where we buy with the intention of selling for a profit. It seems you do the later, where you register names because you like them or appreciate them.

The appraisal section is meant for members to judge a domain name's investment value, not its intrinsic meaning to the owner. If you wish to receive the type of feedback you want to hear, perhaps preface your threads differently.

•••
Don't leave messages, that is not pertaining to the topic. Rude and disrespectful; I don't need!! You have havioral issue keep it to yourself or take it somewhere else!!

•••
Hey, both of these are available for reg, they are potentially very valuable...

ninetyeightyfour.io and
ninetyeightyfour.com

•••
Don't leave messages, that is not pertaining to the topic. Rude and disrespectful; I don't need!! You have havioral issue keep it to yourself or take it somewhere else!!

He wasn't rude, he simply said that you were incorrect and told you why. We all understand that a concept like inflation might be foreign to you, but don't get mad just because someone challenges the way you see the world.

•••
There we go, ALL the important events for 1984 - Contact all the people associated with each event listed below. Should be a few 1000 people, Maybe one of them will be interested in the domain:

Events
January
February
March
April

Diretas Já demonstration held in São Paulo.
May
June
July

Newspaper vending machine featuring news of the 1984 Summer Olympics, which opened on July 28.
August

The launch of shuttle, Discovery, on STS-41-D, its first mission.
September
October
November

Presidential election results map. Red denotes states won by Reagan/Bush (49), Blue denotes those won by Mondale/Ferraro (1+D.C.).
December

Controlled Impact Demonstration

•••
He wasn't rude, he simply said that you were incorrect and told you why. We all understand that a concept like inflation might be foreign to you, but don't get mad just because someone challenges the way you see the world.
Stop!!

•••
Don't waste your time to argue with @ZapNano You can check her other appraisal threads. This person doesn't listen to anyone who says that her "million dollars" handregs are worth reg fee.

Cheers
@NamePros.Monitor you said this message is not a violation of np rules. I have many replies that has been deleted because it was not related to the topic. This member came right in and tell people about me. He did not mention anything about my domain appraisal. How come this one is acceptable and others don't?

•••
•••
I've got news for you: the world is not out to get you okay?

Stop thinking people are negative and making a big deal out of something as insignificant as a "No value" opinion about an appraisal request you made.
Leave me alone!!!

•••
Leave me alone!!!

Excuse me? You are the only one bringing up that quote from a day ago and bringing another message from other member from yesterday and it's me who has to leave you alone? All you do is complain.

This is an appraisal thread, when you post it you will get different opinions that won't necessarily have to match yours. Which was the case. Just accept that the world doesn't have to revolve around you, your beliefs or the way you want it to. Period.

•••
Great year - 1984 is a formidable book and has great meaning for our society because the book of George Orwell is an announce of the power control and repression for come.

•••
And I don't care for Mark Zukemberg's birth year nether should you. The value of this domain is in the book "1984" reference.

•••
It seems that the most important question was asked awhile back: how many numeric .io names are selling? I had a quick look on NameBio.

https://namebio.com/?s=wM4QzN0cDN

Based on this, it looks like it's very rare to sell a numeric .io name above $100. I would think you'd need a much better pattern to get a decent price.

As some others have said, there may be some folks who would want to acquire it for personal reasons, but they would be tough to track down.

And lastly, I'm definitely a newbie, so my opinions aren't based on experience of any kind. :) Just looking at the data and trying to think about it logically.

Good luck!

•••
It seems that the most important question was asked awhile back: how many numeric .io names are selling? I had a quick look on NameBio.

Based on this, it looks like it's very rare to sell a numeric .io name above $100. I would think you'd need a much better pattern to get a decent price.

As some others have said, there may be some folks who would want to acquire it for personal reasons, but they would be tough to track down.

And lastly, I'm definitely a newbie, so my opinions aren't based on experience of any kind. :) Just looking at the data and trying to think about it logically.

Good luck!
A resounding YES. Completely agree.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back