Domain Empire

new gtlds .XYZ set to be TOP extension in 2 years time! OFFICIAL Countdown and celebration thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This may be news to some people, but I have been lovingly informed many times that .XYZ is going to overtake .COM as the top extension online within 2 years. Here is but a few:

xyz will be the first choice next 1 -2 years
I'll bet you right here on this date that XYZ will grow bigger than .com in the next two years, and then you, my friend, will have nothing but regret.

Well, I know that most people on here won't want to miss the boat on this one, so this thread can serve as a tracker for .XYZ's great rise to greatness and hegemony 🏆!

People said that when .top was the number 1 new GTLD in terms of registration count for a few months at least, that it meant it was going to be the top one overall, but unfortunately that didn't happen, >>all of the signs were there<<, but now LITERALLY ALL of the signs are there for XYZ and we're going to make sure it's on track. This thread is going to serve as undisputable proof of such signs to show that it's on track to being #1.

.XYZ has a chance because it's three seldom used letters at the end of a domain instead of a word like .TOP (or worse, the sickening and wholly useless .COM 🤢, for which it is now impossible to find a good domain) and domainers are saying it is so more often this time than with .top and they are more invested this time than ever before, so it must be true and who am I to say otherwise?

So this is it people... by posting this thread I am starting the:

2 YEAR OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN 🔢 TO XYZ's METIORIC RISE TO THE TOP 💥.

Post rules:
I would appreciate it if you could keep all posts in this thread to factual and numeric updates on the meteoric rise of .XYZ so that it can be understood by all. It is not a debate thread, nor is it to discuss whether or not this is going to happen, that is cut and dried now - it's happening, I have been told too many times. 2 years and it's done, we can put it to bed, I'll have egg on my face but we can all get on with our lives and make a killing as we've all been warned now.

NO thanks ❌
- Debates
- Slating .XYZ
- Lies

YES please ✅
- The number of days counting down to 24th August 2024
- Cold hard figures from reputable source(s) that compare .XYZ to .COM to show the progress of the inevitable and METIORIC RISE of .XYZ. Including but not limited to counts of: total registrations, developed domains, parked domains, registrations per day, sales figures and likelihood of reaching goal
- Include sources
- Whether it is on track to being the TOP extension or not given the figures

NB: The examples given are for representative purposes only, please don't goad them, this post isn't intended to target them, it's not that serious.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not really if you know how to read a graph.

The point is that since this thread started it's gone down, not up.
Could say the same about all the fine print in the world :)
I think it makes sense due to not really seeing $1 .xyz domains anywhere anymore. Prob cut down on some of the pump and dump. I like that it seems level now.

•••
Show attachment 237408
The recent drop does seem to correspond with recent price changes from ~~1 to ~~2 dollars. But leveling off? :)
Zone file counts are a bit more complex than that in that the drops seen in 2023 are mainly from new registrations during 2022. The domain name life cycle is approximatel 14 months with the grace periods. The .XYZ uses a heavy discounting model to drive registrations so most new registrations from 2022 will be deleted in 2023. Price increases may have an impact but the deletions from the previous year will have a greater one.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
Sure. Know any other Fairytails?

•••
Ladies, who gives a **** about the -ve . Better to say your opinion. I think Tucker carlson would agree with me if he was here ;)

•••
Zone file counts are a bit more complex than that in that the drops seen in 2023 are mainly from new registrations during 2022. The domain name life cycle is approximatel 14 months with the grace periods. The .XYZ uses a heavy discounting model to drive registrations so most new registrations from 2022 will be deleted in 2023. Price increases may have an impact but the deletions from the previous year will have a greater one.

Regards...jmcc
According to ntldstats.com .xyz dropped 98,859 domains today. What's your take on that? Thanks

•••
According to ntldstats.com .xyz dropped 98,859 domains today. What's your take on that? Thanks
Probably deletions of promotional/discounted registrations from 2022 cause this kind of drop. The majority of new .XYZ registrations from the prior year do not renew. The Quick Delta comparison of the 01 May 2022 zone for .XYZ with the 01 May 2023 zone (simply checking if domain names from the 2022 zone are still in the 2023 zone) was:

gTLD - Total - Retained - Deleted - Retained % - Deleted %
xyz 4,121,536 1,398,447 2,723,089 33.93 66.07

The monthly deletions do not precisely match the registration month so the spike would be deletions of new registrations spread over, approximately, March, April and May 2022.

Regards...jmcc

•••
This thread title is Fake News.

Last edited:
•••
Probably deletions of promotional/discounted registrations from 2022 cause this kind of drop. The majority of new .XYZ registrations from the prior year do not renew. The Quick Delta comparison of the 01 May 2022 zone for .XYZ with the 01 May 2023 zone (simply checking if domain names from the 2022 zone are still in the 2023 zone) was:

gTLD - Total - Retained - Deleted - Retained % - Deleted %
xyz 4,121,536 1,398,447 2,723,089 33.93 66.07

The monthly deletions do not precisely match the registration month so the spike would be deletions of new registrations spread over, approximately, March, April and May 2022.

Regards...jmcc
....it appears the massive registration of .xyz has peaked and is now in a reversal pattern. It also appears the only one who may have made money with .xyz is Swetha, and note the bolding of may.

John, HosterStats is the most valuable tool in my domain arsenal and I wouldn't register a domain without using it.
Thanks so much!

•••
Look , Thinking logically , Please give me the negative if you dont like what I say, How many domainers have made a good profit with .com, hmm... how many with .xyz ? With .xyz 1 and .com many . Just think. Something is not right.

Last edited:
•••

That's 1.64% of the total registrations...

18,228 contain the word "metaverse".
14,969 contain the phrase "web3".
24,706 contain the word "crypto".
26,232 contain the word "ape".
Probably the now worthless metacurse etc regs

•••
....it appears the massive registration of .xyz has peaked and is now in a reversal pattern. It also appears the only one who may have made money with .xyz is Swetha, and note the bolding of may.

John, HosterStats is the most valuable tool in my domain arsenal and I wouldn't register a domain without using it.
Thanks so much!
There's a massive rate of churn (effectively new registrations from the previous year not renewing). It also tends to be cyclical in nature and is linked to promotion offers The historical pricing chart on TLD-list.com ( https://tld-list.com/tld/xyz ) is very useful to see the effects. The .XYZ model is built on discounting. Most of the heavily discounted registrations will not renew on first renewal but a percentage does. Over time, that percentage keeps renewing at full fee and forms a kind of bedrock for the gTLD. After a while, the deletion spikes become obscured by the new discounted registration spikes. The .XYZ is closer in nature to that of .BIZ or .INFO than it is to other heavy discounters like .CFD, .CYOU, .ICU etc.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
As people tend to ask me...

There is ONLY one thing that has disturbed me:

Domaining is something, you do on your own - as individual.

If now someone comes along, and regs 20 thousand dictionary words in one single TLD (!)

this solely reminds me of the behaviour of a big corporation, a big shark...

and there is nothing I can't stand more, than letting a big corporation eat the whole lunch.
and letting nothing over for the crowd.

THAT is the reason, why I am obset.

Regging 20 thousand dic. words is in my eyes no more domaining, it is sheer corporate behaviour.

And then you have some, from your industry, that applaud this maniac behaviour... :xf.rolleyes:

We live & work in a field, where individualism is a high value.

Not respecting that, is not a good trait imo.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
If now someone comes along, and regs 20 thousand dictionary words in one single TLD (!)

and there is nothing I can't stand more, than letting a big corporation eat the whole lunch.

Regging 20 thousand dic. words is in my eyes no more domaining, it is sheer corporate behaviour (shark behaviour).

I do not like that at all.

And then you have some, from your industry, that applaud this maniac behaviour... :xf.rolleyes::xf.laugh:
I don't have was problem with that at all... I have a problem with people recommending something as an investment when it's not or saying it's the next .com.

All hype.

Last edited:
•••
Thousands XYZs drop indeed, there is clearly no future. Funny to see domainers registering my drops, there are just too many fools out there still buying without having sold a single XYZ. Good job, Swetha.
Ok,XYZ bots, downvote me now 🤣

Last edited:
•••
As people tend to ask me...

There is ONLY one thing that has disturbed me:

Domaining is something, you do on your own - as individual.

Regging 20 thousand dic. words is in my eyes no more domaining, it is sheer corporate behaviour.

And then you have some, from your industry, that applaud this maniac behaviour... :xf.rolleyes:

We live & work in a field, where individualism is a high value.

Not respecting that, is not a good trait imo.

Thanks.

Sometimes there's a small window with big opportunity.

She can't be held accountable for the mere fact others didn't recognise it.

•••
I'm genuinely curious about the renewal structure of premium .xyz names. For example sex.xyz is what $12k per year.

Is this a fixed amount per year (forever) ?. Or can registrars just increase yearly renewals to whatever they want?.

•••
Sometimes there's a small window with big opportunity.

She can't be held accountable for the mere fact others didn't recognise it.
maybe it should not be made possible, for one single domainer, to reg. 20k dict. words in one TLD?

maybe this is sort of a monopoly?

In our world, there are rules for everything; for the reason, that monopolys won't be created
(look at StandardOil, and that it had to be re-organized/branded, bec. there was simply too much power in the hand of a vey few...)

same should go for the world of digital products, imo.

thanks

Last edited:
•••
maybe it should not be made possible, for one single domainer, to reg. 20k dict. words in one TLD?

I don't think that would be wise. Who would decide upon the limit? And at what number? Would 1K be ok?

The other 19K would get swooped up by other domainers if you're lucky but they would be more likely to end up as registry premiums.

If you didn't get on board soon enough you're left behind. I never liked xyz so I was never bothered to invest in it. Missed opportunity? Maybe. I don't regret it. Can't win them all.

•••
I have started heavily discounting my 30 remaining XYZs, I will drop half again by the end of the year and keep my best 15 names, because they are powerful names. Shame that the extension is XYZ lol
My XYZ journey ends this year not that it ever started haha..

Last edited:
•••
XYZ IS THE FUTURE NO BRIANER!!!
PEOPLE WAKE UP !!! XYZ GLORY DAYS IS HERE!!!

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I have started heavily discounting my 30 remaining XYZs, I will drop half again by the end of the year and keep my best 15 names, because they are powerful names. Shame that the extension is XYZ lol
My XYZ journey ends this year not that it ever started haha..
I'm thankful i didn't fall for the .xyz hype:xf.wink:

•••
Well no brainer! xyz family!!!
.XYZ is only like 160 million regs behind .COM.

.COM is adding more net registrations than .XYZ, so the lead is only growing.

.XYZ has a place, but thinking it is going to overtake .COM is silly.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back