IT.COM

new gtlds .XYZ set to be TOP extension in 2 years time! OFFICIAL Countdown and celebration thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This may be news to some people, but I have been lovingly informed many times that .XYZ is going to overtake .COM as the top extension online within 2 years. Here is but a few:

xyz will be the first choice next 1 -2 years
I'll bet you right here on this date that XYZ will grow bigger than .com in the next two years, and then you, my friend, will have nothing but regret.

Well, I know that most people on here won't want to miss the boat on this one, so this thread can serve as a tracker for .XYZ's great rise to greatness and hegemony 🏆!

People said that when .top was the number 1 new GTLD in terms of registration count for a few months at least, that it meant it was going to be the top one overall, but unfortunately that didn't happen, >>all of the signs were there<<, but now LITERALLY ALL of the signs are there for XYZ and we're going to make sure it's on track. This thread is going to serve as undisputable proof of such signs to show that it's on track to being #1.

.XYZ has a chance because it's three seldom used letters at the end of a domain instead of a word like .TOP (or worse, the sickening and wholly useless .COM 🤢, for which it is now impossible to find a good domain) and domainers are saying it is so more often this time than with .top and they are more invested this time than ever before, so it must be true and who am I to say otherwise?

So this is it people... by posting this thread I am starting the:

2 YEAR OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN 🔢 TO XYZ's METIORIC RISE TO THE TOP 💥.

Post rules:
I would appreciate it if you could keep all posts in this thread to factual and numeric updates on the meteoric rise of .XYZ so that it can be understood by all. It is not a debate thread, nor is it to discuss whether or not this is going to happen, that is cut and dried now - it's happening, I have been told too many times. 2 years and it's done, we can put it to bed, I'll have egg on my face but we can all get on with our lives and make a killing as we've all been warned now.

NO thanks ❌
- Debates
- Slating .XYZ
- Lies

YES please ✅
- The number of days counting down to 24th August 2024
- Cold hard figures from reputable source(s) that compare .XYZ to .COM to show the progress of the inevitable and METIORIC RISE of .XYZ. Including but not limited to counts of: total registrations, developed domains, parked domains, registrations per day, sales figures and likelihood of reaching goal
- Include sources
- Whether it is on track to being the TOP extension or not given the figures

NB: The examples given are for representative purposes only, please don't goad them, this post isn't intended to target them, it's not that serious.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Days remaining (source):
732 days to go! 🥂🎉

Total .XYZ registrations: 4,201,922 (source)
Total .COM registrations: 159,601,512 (source)

Percentage to goal of total hegemony (source): 2.633%

Outlook to success:
bleak

Last edited:
•••
Days remaining (source):

Mad,
I like you.
But you are truly mad about domains 🤣👍

If .xzy will get a 5-8% stake in .com regs, that'll be huge success already.

Take it easy.

•••
Lol, xyz has gained traction, but nobody truly believes this.

.COM is ingrained in the world's mindshare with 40 years of media, conditioning and application.

DOT COM is two syllables. DOT XYZ is 4

•••
Days remaining (source):
732 days to go! 🥂🎉

Outlook to success:
bleak
It's not the amount
You are missing out big time
The use of XYZ is in the hands of very large entities and for very large purposes of technological developments / crypto / metaverse and blockchain and more... these niches add up to a market of over a trillion dollars in the coming years and this is the huge difference
New generation users with new goals and new investments all draining under XYZ

•••
It's not the amount
The use of XYZ is in the hands of very large entities and for very large purposes of technological developments / crypto / metaverse and blockchain and more... these niches add up to a market of over a trillion dollars in the coming years and this is the huge difference
Please provide provable numbers so that we can track the rise of XYZ accurately and provide comparisons to .COM.

•••
•••
It's not the amount

I've been involved with crypto since 2012 and purchased several .bit domains when they came out.

Even 10 years later, the majority of the public just does not care and/or does not have the technical capacity to use crypto let alone web3 and blockchain domains.

What we have now is the closest you will get to decentralization because the future is more power grabs, more control, more centralization and more loss of rights and freedoms. That is the obvious direction the world is headed.

They do not like freedom of speech, it's clear in Youtube's removal of Dislike button.

The powers want a cookie-cutter, throttled internet with gov-approved "Apps" and limited discussions on anything that even remotely disagrees with the mainstream narrative.

Web3 SHOULD be the future. Crypto SHOULD be the way. But it stands in THEIR WAY.

•••
•••
I've been involved with crypto since 2012 and purchased several .bit domains when they came out.

Even 10 years later, the majority of the public just does not care and/or does not have the technical capacity to use crypto let alone web3 and blockchain domains.

What we have now is the closest you will get to decentralization because the future is more power grabs, more control, more centralization and more loss of rights and freedoms. That is the obvious direction the world is headed.

They do not like freedom of speech, it's clear in Youtube's removal of Dislike button.

The powers want a cookie-cutter, throttled internet with gov-approved "Apps" and limited discussions on anything that even remotely disagrees with the mainstream narrative.

Web3 SHOULD be the future. Crypto SHOULD be the way. But it stands in THEIR WAY.
xyz extension is not limited to a niche and it is also international, this is a huge difference

The market has its say and definitely XYZ is going to capture a huge market share

•••
•••
Fa1cOfmaIAAv4Rw.jpg

•••
Days remaining (source):
732 days to go! 🥂🎉

Outlook to success:
bleak
Days remaining (source):
732 days to go! 🥂🎉

According to ntldstats.com, .XYZ total domains has gone in the last 5 days from 4,867,088 on 2022-08-17 to 4,884,924 on 2022-08-22 (source). That's a rate of increase of 17,836 over 5 days (3,567 each day). That's close to the total number added per day for the past year (Total domains stood at 3,630,041 1 year prior on 22-Aug-2021 (source)).

If that continued every day until our 2 year XYZ hegemony countdown 💥 is up, the total domains will have increased by 2,611,044. So it'll have 7,495,968 registrations!!

Not quite 159,000,000 domains like .com, but pretty close if you knock off a few zeroes.

Outlook: bleak, but hopeful

Last edited:
•••
When the supply of dot coms is so limited, it only stands to reason that other extensions will gain.

I like XYZ, but past performance is not an indicator of future success.

•••
In terms of registrations, XYZ is doing pretty well. It's not possible to find 2 word XYZ Domains anymore. In terms of aftermarket sales, its pretty dark I would say, monopoly will not develop the xyz market, but it can make the registry very rich from £10 renewals.

•••
I predict crazy growth for XYZ this year,
The impressive acceleration in the last year leaves no doubt, it really is unlike any extension if you consider the time that XYZ went on the air and what it has been up to now and who is its end audience which is a very impressive figure

•••
•••
Is there anyone other than domainers buying .xyz domains? I’ve never seen a company use the extension for a product or service.

•••
There are around 160 million .com.

More websites are launched on .com daily than any other extension.

.Com is only expanding its lead, though .xyz has found its niche.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for sharing this.

One of these is wrong, as one shows 11,331,136 registered domains and the other shows 4,852,822.

https://domainnamestat.com/statistics/tld/xyz-TLD_ID-1179
https://ntldstats.com/tld/xyz

Can we work out which one is correct or incorrect and why?
I am about 99% sure that ntldstats has the correct numbers. It has been the most accurate in the past.

I am not sure what is going on with the other site. It shows inflated counts for every extension.

For instance .COM shows 223M. .NET shows around 20M when it is more like 13.2M.
Those numbers are just wrong across the board.

https://domainnamestat.com/statistics/tld/others

Brad

Last edited:
•••
There are around 160 million .com.

More websites are launched on .com daily than any other extension.

.Com is only expanding its lead, though .xyz has found its niche.

Brad
What exactly is that niche? Just curious.

•••
I am about 99% sure that ntldstats has the correct numbers. It has been the most accurate in the past.

I am not sure what is going on with the other site, it shows inflated counts for every extension.
For instance .COM shows 223M.

https://domainnamestat.com/statistics/tld/others

Brad
Cheers Brad, I appreciate you looking into that. It looks like domaintools.com has similar numbers as ntldstats.

I think we can assume sans any other information that the domainnamestat is out significantly. Maybe that's why some are so excited with .xyz without knowing the real numbers.

Last edited:
•••
What exactly is that niche? Just curious.
I mean clearly it is relatively popular with Web3 projects. We will see how that ages over time.

Is it sustainable, or just the latest flavor or the month like .co?

Will the small percent of Web3 projects that turn into successful companies eventually just upgrade to .COM when they have the money? Probably, as we have seen in other secondary extensions.

Some of the well known uses for .XYZ are not that exciting like Alphabet.xyz and Block.xyz. They are basically just investor relation sites. Let me know when Alphabet stops using Google.com and Block stops using Square.com.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Seriously, who cares. Sell what you have, invest in what you believe in, users and buyers will rest the case.

Anyone saying .xyz, or any other extension for that matter, will overtake .com is full of hooey. The Internet even in 20 years time will never see the proliferation that it enjoyed in a single extension with another extension in terms of adoption simply because of the options available now.

It's great to be optimistic, but keep it realistic. And that includes cynical threads started by someone who doesn't even invest in dot-xyz. The premise is based on personal bias partly grounded in off-handed and obviously ridiculous remarks by users who have nothing to lose in terms of accountability to what they post.

And now you're walking the same path.

Meh. This thread should be in the break room.

•••
In terms of registrations, XYZ is doing pretty well. It's not possible to find 2 word XYZ Domains anymore.
ApesNetwork + more are available for reg. In a few years, 2 words will have run dry thorough.

Last edited:
•••
Back