NameSilo

XYZ sales, really????

Labeled as question in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by betthelot, May 14, 2021

Replies:
Views:

?

It’s legit....stop being such a bore

Poll closed May 28, 2021.
  1. Yes

64 votes
    81.0%
  2. No

15 votes
    19.0%
Total: 79 vote(s)
  1. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I have seen multiple people question Mike Mann's sales in the past as well.

He owns 350,000+ domains and reports the better sales.

Selling a small amount of domains for high prices on that type of scale is not that surprising IMO.

But, in fairness to people questioning them...There have been a lot of fake reported sales in the past meant to influence people. There have also been transactions that did not pass the smell test, things reported as sales that were more likes leases, or "sales" where you are basically putting money from one pocket into the other pocket.

I would be careful with the accusations unless you have something solid to back it up. Especially since this a smaller player, and it could damage their business.

Brad

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

In some ways, this forum isn't much different from the many searches people do for celebs' net worth. And even then you usually only see the positive things, not the struggles.

DNGear: I believe your story and wish you every success in continuing this success :xf.smile:

3. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

It's more on when proof has been provided and people still question it that's odd...... hence the edited part after a quick think......

4. Lox

Lox _____ VIP Gold Account

Thread Apr 26, 2018: Why I registered 20,000 .xyz domain names
    I thought I was smart, it was like an aha moment, like when that guy bought 12,150 cups of chocolate pudding and earned 1.25 Million Air Miles. This was back in June 2016 and .xyz domain name extension was having a sale at Uniregistry and every .xyz domain name that was available to register would cost $0.01, one penny.

read more (NP)

5. Windoms

Windoms Top Contributor VIP

(She spent $500.000 on 18.000 names)
    (Darryl spent $200 on 20.000 names)

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  6. GreatBrand.in

GreatBrand.in Established Member

I read her interview She started purchasing XYZ domains during the same promo when it was offered for US$0.01 but unlike Darryl who invested mainly in number combo and didn't renew after the first year, she invested mainly in one-word dictionary words and gradually build her portfolio to the current level of 16000 in 5 years. She also mentioned in one interview that she dropped more than 50% of non-performing domaining every year and renewed only quality domains. So I don't think the cost of annual renew would have been a major issue especially considering no competition back than one can drop and again re-register with some new promo offer.

I believe she derived a well-defined strategy that suits her objective and maintains a healthy profit margin during the last five years. There are so many good things to learn if we can see and read between the lines.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  7. oldtimer

oldtimer Do some good for humanity and the environment VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Instead of criticizing someone for being successful we should all try to learn from their achievements.

There are a few factors that make this person or any other person who has taken a chance with a new trend, niche, or TLD successful:

1- Being able to get in at the beginning of the game before competition heats up

2- Being able to take advantage of special prices and promos to lower the cost of acquisition

3- And thus being able to get a large number of quality domains

4- And most importantly being lucky enough for the end user market for the domains to heat up to bring in enough capital through sales to keep the game going and or even being able to expand the operation.

The 4th factor is specially important because there have been a lot of people who have managed to get the first three factors right, but the end user market didn't heat up quickly enough for them to help them maintain their large portfolios and they got drowned under the renewal charges.

So if a person has managed to get all these four factors right that is cause for admiration.

PS: These same factors have also played a role in how a lot of the Oldtimers became successful in the past with the difference that their job was easier since they could rely on revenue from parking to get their portfolio going and as such they had longer staying power and their fate wasn't completely dependent on whether they could make enough sales or not.

IMO

8. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

Most domains sold in any odd extension were unpredicatible but people use previous names sold as a sales tool adding value to keywords and chase others using similar words.

9. Marshall

Marshall Top Contributor VIP

Another one of those stupid threads. Man, why question someone's sales? Why waste your time and mind thinking about or speculate on someone else's success? What next? Mike Mann? Rick? or someone else?

People are busy grinding hard, making sales, and minding their own business. They don't hang around here and waste their time replying to someone's conspiracy theories. And so should you. You won't usually see me here, but once in a while, I see threads like these that I couldn't unsee and have to drop my 2 cents.

Well, you are free to drop yours too but make sure to gain something out of it. There's nothing to take out of this thread. If you're so bent on killing your time, you could have spent a few minutes of yours to do a little research on her and get your answers by yourself, instead of starting a baseless poll and questioning someone's name and capabilities without any proof. She posting real sales? few fake sales? I don't think so and I don't care. Not our business. Let her do her thing. I'll do mine. Hope you'll do yours.

Life is beautiful. Time is short. Use it for something good. I am gonna do that too.
    Have a good time.
    Peace.

10. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

why dont u take one chill pill and stop to mislead people into thinking io and co are even in same galaxy as xyz.

they aren't and xyz is an awful extension. u have to be clueless to buy it.

11. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

she drained dry the dictionary with xyz. so on top of your post I will just add if u wanna adopt same strategy.. it's too late. that's why this can be and is only one man show. on whole planet...well one woman show...in this case

I'm happy for her sales as long as roi good end of year.. but nobody else should even consider doing what she does.

12. DNGear

DNGear Domainnaut VIP

These domains were sold by someone else. They didn't report these sales. Ofcourse, its their choice.
    Deca*xyz 5001 usd.
    Proof*xyz 3699 usd.

13. Lox

Lox _____ VIP Gold Account

14. sibern

sibern Established Member

i believe all that sales is real , but i dont understand how that xyz domains available 🤔🤔🤔
    (Prices from gd )
    All usd

Analyze 279
    European 395
    Civil 400
    Extreme 479
    Observe 499
    Russian 800
    Protein 800
    Method 800
    Theme 950
    Fat 988
    Police 995
    Celebration 500
    Back 999
    Shell 1000
    Concept 1000

15. GreatBrand.in

GreatBrand.in Established Member

This is preciously a reason why I mentioned in my first post that we need Thought Leaders who think independently and rationally. Request you to kindly read few articles of 2015-18 timeframe here in Namepros only and you will find the same kind of apprehension about .IO and .CO when very few believe in it and today it became the new norm. May I know the reason or logical ground why you are so convinced about these two extensions other than their sales record in the last few years?

If the past sale is the only criteria then I am sorry you may never be able to discover a new path. Did you know who purchased clubhouse .xyz from @DNGear. The new owner is a non-otherthan clubhouse, a billion-dollar new social media. Of course as a defence strategy but they pick a few extensions including xyz and not all 1400 extension available in the market. This has happened a few months ago and only validated the future prospect of this extension.

Regarding early or late, last time I checked the English dictionary and trust me I found more than 18000 names there and thus own few :)

Disclaimer: I am not recommending anyone to invest in any extension including xyz. Also not saying that one should not invest in a particular extension. What I am saying is there are very few who dare to go against the normal trend, define their strategy with calculated risk and pickups the trend before it becomes popular. Based on my own research I am taking a calculated risk and thus building my own small portfolio. Request others to do proper research before any investment and also try to appreciate the achievements of others and acknowledge their contribution more if it not coming from the conventional way.

Thank you!

16. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

well the seller here from what she said does not buy prem names from xyz..and basically regged long while back most all 1word names worth owning.. and at promo prices at that...so what u list are all prem names.. the reason they are available to further prove what I said b4 is that to most buyers and almost all domainers xyz is just an unappealing investment.

but yes u make decent point..why are those at few 100s and unsold.. and this seller here she sells lesser quality often for 1000s..

there is no answer to that.. she has many names.. and a buyer just pops out at the price he wants to pay. no rules for this.. other than having many names to obtain regular sales.

17. Mking

Mking Established Member

Is it possible? Of course. Put the right product in front of the right people and the skies the limit! While I would love to know if DNGear swetha strategy on finding potential buyers (if there is one) I respect it if she wants to keep it hush hush. Anyways, will continue to buy strong one word xyz tld here and there and see what happens.

18. DirkS

DirkS Dutchman.info VIP

Legit sales, no doubt about it. It's just a numbers game. Register 10K mediocre .com domains at a $1 promo and sales will follow just the same.

Just about any extension will give you sales owning 10K+ good dictionary words. As much as I dislike this particular one, it was marketed well, decision making people and the branding industry are aware of it's existence. Solid bet that payed off.

She even has the 'balls' to hold these 'long' term so more power to her!

19. henrypcyeung

henrypcyeung Established Member

I think the sales are legit. As .xyz can be associated with cryptocurrency and blockchain technology (one of the hottest technologies nowadays), and has been actively promoted to young generations and startups, I am not surprised that the sales volume and average sales price of .xyz domains are both increasing.

No one now can use the investment strategy adopted by DNGear because almost all good 1-word .xyz domains with affordable renewal prices are already registered. However, you can buy underpriced 1-word .xyz domains from others, hand reg popular 2-word .xyz domains, or even hand reg a few 1-word .xyz domains with high renewal prices.

Big success is for those who look into the future, not for those who look into now and the past.

20. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

dude... not sure which rock u lived under lately...but co and io are great for domainers..
    and loved by many serious tech etc endusers. with some 6fig sales etc...

18k words maybe... but how many worth having ...

again there Is no outbound
    ...and most is on/thanksto afternic bin prem network.

but seler is welcome to confirm if wishes

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  21. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

this is horse radish. there is zero proof or connection between xyz and crypto endusers etc.

nonsense

but the good news is u do not mislead people with this info inrentionally

22. henrypcyeung

Please do research and look into the .xyz domains sold by DNGear before posting your emotional and nonsense post. You will find some of them are already developed websites related to crypto and blockchain.

Also, XYZ has partnered with Ethereum, and .xyz is supported on ENS.

23. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

the only emotion I have is laughter at yer idiotic unverified statements.

xyz is a terrible extension. always was and will be. smart people know this. which does not mean someone like her cant make some cash off it. but that's one of a kind on earth situation. if u try to imitate that...now... u are basically mental and deserve the failure u will get

but u are welcome to go ahead and spend yer life thinking serious domainers or endusers for that matter who know what they are doing consider xyz to be great and anything other than a joke extension.

as are basically all ngtlds.

24. henrypcyeung

What an emotional post without objectivity and facts again.

25. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

lol
    u use the word emotional a lot

u must be a very emotional guy

as for me i just voice my views cause that's what forums are for

as I said no serious domainer or enduser goes for xyz

whether.u believe this or not i dont care. papa.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice