Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Here is the post:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sold.1051655/#post-6457934

@Silentptnr posted $1

Later, I posted $5 bin before the auction finished.

I wrote "bin" only because seller updated the title by including information "Bin 5"

Later, I and seller contacted each other and about to finish the deal.

Then, @Amanda came in with the statement:

"The BIn was never updated in the thread or in the original post. At this time the winner is Silentptnr. Please contact each other and finalize the details.
Thank you."

I personally really shocked by @Amanda decision. My $5 offer was submitted before the auction finished, and I had the right to submit it. Even though seller didn't update his Bin price properly (he didnt update in post, only updated in the title), my $5 offer still the valid offer.

Let me ask you, if I wrote "$5", rather than "$5 Bin", does that make any difference? Obviously from @Amanda perspective, "$5" is valid, "$5 Bin" is not valid.

I dont understand. I think her power is abused.This doesn't make any sense for me.

Plus, @Amanda never responded me. I don't understand too.

She made the decision, she refused to listen my explanation, she closed the post, and she claimed game over.

A real Rape.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Rxshow

Bro, how many hours did the auction run?

Oh, I see I think I'm looking at the alerts wrong. My Bad.

I can't say because I'd need to know how long the auction was, 72 hrs etc.. ?

•••
Bit of a grey area really. Your intention was to end the auction by placing the 5 dollar BIN which was not a valid BIN as per the rules. The question is does it still stand as a bid which is up to the mods. Unfortunately they have decided against you so I assume this will set the president for any future situation similar. Rules is rules man and this isn't a democracy so let's all be friends. The sun is out somewhere in the world.

•••
Bit of a grey area really. Your intention was to end the auction by placing the 5 dollar BIN which was not a valid BIN as per the rules. The question is does it still stand as a bid which is up to the mods. Unfortunately they have decided against you so I assume this will set the president for any future situation similar. Rules is rules man and this isn't a democracy so let's all be friends. The sun is out somewhere in the world.

1) seller didn’t update bin price properly. He has problem

2), admin didn’t point out the issue until the auction finished. This didn’t give me any chance to Update my offer.

3), as a grassroots domainers, I do my best to comply with forum rules. But I also have to protect my right

It is my right to express and defend for myself

I m not a kid, I m adult with thinking. Unfair thing happen, I will keep fighting

•••
1) I need more admin who has the power to come in and make your judgement.

I request for reopen the auction

2), if you keep your decision, you should know your behavior has hurt me, even tiny.

I am very upset for her ruling way

Very sad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
@Amanda
Why do u mark this post as “resolved”?

The issue not yet resolved.

•••
@Silentptnr do u agree to re- open the auction?

@Rxshow and I requested to re-open the auction

Thank you

•••
@omelet

Just my opinion but it appears the Mod. followed the rules and did the right thing. Whats confusing is that you as a bidder must make sure that the seller follows all the T & C's as well. If not your bid is void.

Something I never paid attention to myself but will in the future.

•••
@omelet

Just my opinion but it appears the Mod. followed the rules and did the right thing. Whats confusing is that you as a bidder must make sure that the seller follows all the T & C's as well. If not your bid is void.

Follow rules of forum, or rules by subjective people?

•••
@omelet

Seller is seller. How can I make sure he fully rightfully complied rules?

I do my job as a buyer, which submit my offers accordingly.

•••
@omelet

You done your home work, but Your teacher is drunk. Then you deserve a “0”?

Ridiculous

•••
No it's pretty clear but it would be nice if they would amend this line. Clearly just a suggestion.

e.g., a BIN price cannot be accepted until this is done).

To something like;

e.g., a Bin price cannot be accepted until this is done but if a bin price is bid in error it shall be accepted as the next highest bid).

•••
Now the best way is to re-open the auction

Because:

Amanda has problem.
Seller has problem
The auction has problem

Come on guys, don’t fucking repeat mentioning the rules. All the rules are designed and explained by the stupid subjective people

Last edited:
•••
Who me? Dude I'm just trying to help and make a suggestion to NP. :)

•••
•••
•••
Nobodys fault? If your going to play with real money, you better know the rules.
The rules state, must be updated in opening post and thread.
The selling member didnt do that, its their fault
I checked the thread, all information is deleted.
Another sad thread(n)

In my opinion, its nobody fault. Let's auction this domain again !

•••
Nobodys fault? If your going to play with real money, you better know the rules.
The rules state, must be updated in opening post and thread.
The selling member didnt do that, its their fault
I checked the thread, all information is deleted.
Another sad thread(n)

I agree with you. As per rules you are right. I take back my words

•••
Now the best way is to re-open the auction

Because:

Amanda has problem.
Seller has problem
The auction has problem

Come on guys, don’t f*cking repeat mentioning the rules. All the rules are designed and explained by the stupid subjective people
Pretty sure you're not going to get a sympathetic ear from the mods and/or admins after calling them all stupid

•••
No sympathy from nobody, go cry elsewhere. Sad

•••
Should’ve said you made a typing error and meant to type $5 “bid” not “bin” ;)

•••
•••
I am with Omelet. If a 5$ offer was made within the auction time frame that should be a valid bid. Regardless of the phrasing.

•••
I am with Omelet. If a 5$ offer was made within the auction time frame that should be a valid bid. Regardless of the phrasing.
Doesn't work. Improperly adding bin does not alert other bidders. This opens the door for cheating.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back