IT.COM

status-resolved Help: I sincerely do not know the difference between what is promotional (promo and not promo)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul 11

Established Member
Impact
Subtitle question: "Are any of these Bargain Bin excerpts promo? If so, why are they still up and mine immediately modified? Why are my words promo and these NOT?

Context: Amanda gave me an officiant warning for doing promo. I replied with:

"Hi Amanda,

This regards your: "... official warning to inform you that promotion of any kind is only allowed in specific areas on NamePros". To be upfront, I do not understand what is promo and what is not promo. The issue as I see it is in this question:

Are any of the following Bargain Bin excerpts PROMO?
If so, why are they still up and mine not - why are mine promo?

I have found these excerpts in the first 5 pages of our Bargain Bin. I'm only showing the excerpts to learn about the difference between promo and not promo, NOT for any other reason:

THE LIST I COMPILED:

great domains

a cool, hip, japanese inspired domain

This super LLL tech domain is a real bargain

excellent american gambling brand name.

the US Sports Gambling market about to open up traditional brands with words they can associate with will become the big USA gambling brands of the future like this name

Great name for a medical startup, and startups just love short -LY endings

strong brand with 2 of the biggest brandable keywords around.

great name for a new tech company

Just imagine the logo for this name

names are always good sellers as they make great bran

is definitely a great brand of the future

development Ideas: Turn it into a "Women's Small Business Program"

this is one of those domains - would be great to have

it's a great redirect domain and I'm sure someone can find some good use for this.

you can make a standard blog and have that banner showing on this website.

cyber fans... cyber punk fans

While I was not able to find reasons for renewal, perhaps you will.

many domains are several years old.

It just can't be used as a redirect.

VERY good domain.

Nice, short domain you can use for url shorteners...or whatever creative thing you have in mind.

Make some money from signing drivers up and free rides from people using your referral code.

Looking forward to your response so I know the difference between some things and promo.
Most Sincerely, Paul"

PS. I very much welcome whoever is reading this to comment so I can learn more about the difference between promo and not promo that you see, SO THAT I can catch any words of mine that are promo before I post. I don't like getting officiant warnings for something prohibited!!!

ORIGINAL NP WARNING: https://www.namepros.com/conversations/warning-prohibited-promotion.3019443/

[please forgive typos and ask me for clarity if anything confusing-- thank you]

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

The warning you received included more information to help explain it:

Examples:
  1. The most common form is unsolicited advertising when you post or send a direct message with a domain name that does not meet the outlined criteria of a particular discussion or member's request.
  2. Auction promotion is when you discuss an active (scheduled or ongoing) auction outside of the Advertising Board. We cannot always determine when there are ulterior motives behind a post (e.g., to promote an auction for someone you know, for yourself, or to support a cause). For simplicity and fairness to everyone, active auctions may only be discussed in the Advertising Board. After the auction ends and upon request, we can move the discussion about it to a discussion section.
  3. It is against the rules to send a direct message ("conversation") to sell or promote anything that the recipient did not request.
  4. Conducting business of any kind (e.g., buying or selling) in the chatroom is only allowed on the weekends. Learn more: Chat Rules.

Solutions:
  1. Buying and selling, as well as promoting, are allowed (and free!) in our marketplace in an appropriate category. We also have a dedicated advertising area for everything else.
  2. If you would like to advertise on NamePros, please reach out to learn about our advertising opportunities: https://www.namepros.com/forums/186/
  3. You may also add an advertisement to your signature for free, which will appear below posts of yours on NamePros.

However, in your specific case, it was because you were linking to external for-sale listings in your thread. If you want to do that, then the thread must reside in External Domain and Website Sales and may not appear anywhere else, such as the Bargain Bin.

We hope that helps.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back