Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Here is the post:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sold.1051655/#post-6457934

@Silentptnr posted $1

Later, I posted $5 bin before the auction finished.

I wrote "bin" only because seller updated the title by including information "Bin 5"

Later, I and seller contacted each other and about to finish the deal.

Then, @Amanda came in with the statement:

"The BIn was never updated in the thread or in the original post. At this time the winner is Silentptnr. Please contact each other and finalize the details.
Thank you."

I personally really shocked by @Amanda decision. My $5 offer was submitted before the auction finished, and I had the right to submit it. Even though seller didn't update his Bin price properly (he didnt update in post, only updated in the title), my $5 offer still the valid offer.

Let me ask you, if I wrote "$5", rather than "$5 Bin", does that make any difference? Obviously from @Amanda perspective, "$5" is valid, "$5 Bin" is not valid.

I dont understand. I think her power is abused.This doesn't make any sense for me.

Plus, @Amanda never responded me. I don't understand too.

She made the decision, she refused to listen my explanation, she closed the post, and she claimed game over.

A real Rape.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So what? Then dont accept the BIN, its clear he was willing to pay 5$ and his bid would have alerted you as you already posted in thread.

Why should he loose the auction because seller made a typing mistake?

•••
So what? Then dont accept the BIN, its clear he was willing to pay 5$ and his bid would have alerted you as you already posted in thread.

Why should he loose the auction because seller made a typing mistake?
So in this case omelet didn't do anything wrong. Except both sellers and bidders need to understand the rules and what is valid and not valid.

•••
So in this case omelet didn't do anything wrong. Except both sellers and bidders need to understand the rules and what is valid and not valid.

As you said he did nothing wrong but got the short end of the stick. Seems like a strange decision.

•••
This is not a playground nor a place without rules that protect people. This is a professional venue for domaining. There is no gray area. The rules are clear.

I have bid in auctions only to have them cancelled for rules violations or whatever. The rules are enforced here to protect everyone.

•••
Rules were meant to be followed
This is happening less and less
Personally i would have seen the bin was not updated in original post and would have dm the op and told them, with my bin
But, i know the rules
It will be auctioned again, when/if @Silentptnr decides to auction his name

•••
What ever. You the one buying 1$ domains. I am not the one on the playground.

If you think you are being fair, then by all means I have nothing more to add.

•••
As you said he did nothing wrong but got the short end of the stick. Seems like a strange decision.
I don't see how the decision could have been any different. The rules are the rules. If I had been the one who made an invalid bin post, I would clearly know if it was invalid and I would yield to follow the rules. Simple.

•••
That is a rule, I learned the hard way also, but it is pretty clear to me now that the original post has to include the BIN Price, as it is the original listing ad.

SIlent learned this the hard way not to long from what I saw also...

https://www.namepros.com/threads/123-directory.1050618/

Last edited:
•••
Also, if the situation was reversed, believe me, this thread would have read, "Why Have Rules If They Don't Matter". Right?

This issue is over as far as I see.

•••
I don't see how the decision could have been any different. The rules are the rules. If I had been the one who made an invalid bin post, I would clearly know if it was invalid and I would yield to follow the rules. Simple.

A 5$ offer was made within the timeframe of the auction and it was top bid. Who cares what letters where written after the bid. You saying rules are not followed. I say minds are not used.

•••
A 5$ offer was made within the timeframe of the auction and it was top bid. Who cares what letters where written after the bid. You saying rules are not followed. I say minds are not used.
The letters written mean everything. We only have the letters we write. This isn't a playground. These rules are simple enough. The seller made a mistake. Not the management. They followed the simple rules.

It was not a $5 "offer". These words mean something. Offer, bid, bin, expiration, etc....all have meaning.

•••
Popcorn time!~:)

You see right below where it says Post Reply, it says Please read the rules first

I encourage everyone to do this, now, then we will all be on the same page

•••
Is the domain transferred already?

•••
BIN is not a word. Its an acronym.

A 5$ BIN OFFER is still an offer. Not my fault you dont recognise it as such.

To be honest I find it kind of low ridiculing him with your constant references to playgrounds, for standing up for whats fair.

•••
Domain received. Case closed.

•••
Leasson learnt. Respect lost...

•••
BIN is not a word. Its an acronym.

A 5$ BIN OFFER is still an offer. Not my fault you dont recognise it as such.

To be honest I find it kind of low ridiculing him with your constant references to playgrounds, for standing up for whats fair.
I didn't. I respect omelet. I have never said anything against omelet.

•••
Omelet did nothing wrong. He just didn't know the sellers bin post was not valid.

•••
If the 5$ offer made before the auction ends, it should be considered as the latest bid.

If the problem is the word:BIN in the offer, moderator should corrected it or gave the heads up.

If the domain is transferred already there is no need for further discussion.

•••
•••

•••
@Silentptnr

Listen I usually think you have decent stuff to say. In this case you are being the bully. As rare as that is.

When you reply to his valid concerns that this is not a playground the inference is that he and those that agree belong in a playground. That is not a respectful way of communicating.

•••
@Silentptnr

Listen I usually think you have decent stuff to say. In this case you are being the bully. As rare as that is.

When you reply to his valid concerns that this is not a playground the inference is that he and those that agree belong in a playground. That is not a respectful way of communicating.
Come on Promo.... Look at the title of this thread...
Wrong decision made by Amanda- Sstick.com
...is that fair? Put yourself in my shoes. I play by the rules. So does omelet. The seller made a mistake.

•••
I ass u me he is referring to namepros in general, how it has become somewhat of a joke marketplace with people not respecting/following the rules. Its how I feel anyways

•••
But I happen to agree with the title.. I think the wrong decision was made by a mod (famous last words)..

Never assume. It makes an ass of u and me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back