Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
Here is the post:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sold.1051655/#post-6457934

@Silentptnr posted $1

Later, I posted $5 bin before the auction finished.

I wrote "bin" only because seller updated the title by including information "Bin 5"

Later, I and seller contacted each other and about to finish the deal.

Then, @Amanda came in with the statement:

"The BIn was never updated in the thread or in the original post. At this time the winner is Silentptnr. Please contact each other and finalize the details.
Thank you."

I personally really shocked by @Amanda decision. My $5 offer was submitted before the auction finished, and I had the right to submit it. Even though seller didn't update his Bin price properly (he didnt update in post, only updated in the title), my $5 offer still the valid offer.

Let me ask you, if I wrote "$5", rather than "$5 Bin", does that make any difference? Obviously from @Amanda perspective, "$5" is valid, "$5 Bin" is not valid.

I dont understand. I think her power is abused.This doesn't make any sense for me.

Plus, @Amanda never responded me. I don't understand too.

She made the decision, she refused to listen my explanation, she closed the post, and she claimed game over.

A real Rape.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
When you about to leave this world, you feel you need something rather than the money.

So true...been to dozens and dozens of funerals in my life but have never seen a hearse towing a trailer with money or possessions behind it. What we leave behind is our kindness, love and service to humanity. Lots of people will have a rude 'awakening' once they make it to the other side.

btw, I have NEVER bought a premium coffee in my life...always drink black from the machine. Anytime my friends insist on stopping for a special coffee, I put the $5 in a pot that I give to worthy organizations...Samaritans Purse, local homeless shelter, etc. Most of those special coffee people have started doing the same...a $5 coffee will feed a person 3 meals. Gotta go, just heard my coffee maker beeping...

•••
Bit of a grey area really. Your intention was to end the auction by placing the 5 dollar BIN which was not a valid BIN as per the rules. The question is does it still stand as a bid which is up to the mods. Unfortunately they have decided against you so I assume this will set the president for any future situation similar. Rules is rules man and this isn't a democracy so let's all be friends. The sun is out somewhere in the world.

•••
@omelet

Just my opinion but it appears the Mod. followed the rules and did the right thing. Whats confusing is that you as a bidder must make sure that the seller follows all the T & C's as well. If not your bid is void.

Something I never paid attention to myself but will in the future.

You done your home work, but Your teacher is drunk. Then you deserve a “0”?

Ridiculous

•••
Now the best way is to re-open the auction

Because:

Amanda has problem.
Seller has problem
The auction has problem

Come on guys, don’t f*cking repeat mentioning the rules. All the rules are designed and explained by the stupid subjective people
Pretty sure you're not going to get a sympathetic ear from the mods and/or admins after calling them all stupid

•••
A 5$ offer was made within the timeframe of the auction and it was top bid. Who cares what letters where written after the bid. You saying rules are not followed. I say minds are not used.
The letters written mean everything. We only have the letters we write. This isn't a playground. These rules are simple enough. The seller made a mistake. Not the management. They followed the simple rules.

It was not a $5 "offer". These words mean something. Offer, bid, bin, expiration, etc....all have meaning.

•••
So rules are rules,
but there is also a little thing called common sense.

If @omelet bid within the time frame,
then he and the seller should be alerted to correct the mistakes in their posts instead of reaching a sudden decision.

But that's just what I think. This thread would probably get closed in a bit anyway...

Last edited:
•••
It's a matter of $5 only but this would cause a lot of trouble if the domain was worth $5k or something. The seller made a mistake but common sense should be given preference over the rules here imo. The domain had a buyer paying 5 times more than what it sold for.

These problems would not occur if, auction threads were different then the usual forum threads, sellers would fill forms putting expiry, registrar, and all the information required, mods won't have to check all the threads and alert the seller to add required info and sellers won't be required to put updated BIN at different places, like title, opening post, and last post, unless he wants to.

•••
Common sense is understanding correct way to add bin.
Common sense is not participating in auction that is not run correctly.

Common sense is not so common - Voltaire.

•••
Even though seller didn't update his Bin price properly (he didn't update in post, only updated in the title)

6.2.3. An auction cannot be modified once a bid is placed with the exceptions of its Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price, bid increments, adding payment methods, and/or adding additional domains at no extra cost. Once a bid is placed, every allowable change (the exceptions just mentioned) must be posted to the thread as a new reply as well as updated in the original post before it becomes effective and valid (e.g., a BIN price cannot be accepted until this is done). BIN prices are not reserve prices and therefore do not affect rule 6.2.10.

In order for the BIN to be valid, it must be updated in the original post and in the thread. Neither had been posted in and therefore the BIN was invalid. At the time the issue was reported, the auction time had ended and the winner was the last valid bid. Your BIN claim was not valid since it was an invalid BIN. If the auction had not been over I would have removed the invalid BIN and sent you a message alerting you to the issue. Since the auction was over I posted in the thread updating everyone to the issue and left the post.

Please post a link to the direct message you attempted to reach out to me in so I can review it.

Thank you for understanding.

•••
Guys, Let’s stop it

But I really think seller is a great person. I don’t wanna he to feel guilty

Guys, my mistake!

Yesterday I came back late, tired

Sorry for bringing unnecessary discussion

Sorry @Amanda

Come on Promo.... Look at the title of this thread...
Wrong decision made by Amanda- Sstick.com
...is that fair? Put yourself in my shoes. I play by the rules. So does omelet. The seller made a mistake.

Last edited:
•••
This appears to be settled but I have a question for clarification, pertaining to 6.2.6 rule.

6.2.6. All valid bids are binding and cannot be retracted. Bids are void when outbid by another member. Auctions and bids that are unclear, illegible, conducted outside of the public listing (e.g. via direct message), contain inaccurate information or invalid amounts are considered null and void.

This says that Auctions that contain inaccurate information are null and void. So I understand 6.2.3 but 6.2.6 appears to suggest the auction should have been considered null and void. This auction was updated with inaccurate information, there wasn't a proper bin listed. Therefore it would be null and void. 6.2.6 not only applies to bids but auctions too.

The only reason I'm asking I feel this is useful information. Thanks..

•••
@omelet

Just my opinion but it appears the Mod. followed the rules and did the right thing. Whats confusing is that you as a bidder must make sure that the seller follows all the T & C's as well. If not your bid is void.

•••
@omelet

Seller is seller. How can I make sure he fully rightfully complied rules?

I do my job as a buyer, which submit my offers accordingly.

•••
No sympathy from nobody, go cry elsewhere. Sad

•••
Should’ve said you made a typing error and meant to type $5 “bid” not “bin” ;)

•••
•••
This is not a playground nor a place without rules that protect people. This is a professional venue for domaining. There is no gray area. The rules are clear.

I have bid in auctions only to have them cancelled for rules violations or whatever. The rules are enforced here to protect everyone.

•••
Omelet did nothing wrong. He just didn't know the sellers bin post was not valid.

•••
@Silentptnr

Listen I usually think you have decent stuff to say. In this case you are being the bully. As rare as that is.

When you reply to his valid concerns that this is not a playground the inference is that he and those that agree belong in a playground. That is not a respectful way of communicating.
Come on Promo.... Look at the title of this thread...
Wrong decision made by Amanda- Sstick.com
...is that fair? Put yourself in my shoes. I play by the rules. So does omelet. The seller made a mistake.

•••
But I happen to agree with the title.. I think the wrong decision was made by a mod (famous last words)..

Never assume. It makes an ass of u and me.

•••

I would close this thread or it will be taking top spot in Popular today and this month

I love my money, more than you honey.

•••
I am very proud of the way this turned out. I am a man of honor when i win and when i dont win.

Thank you omelet. Thank you rxshow. Thank you amanda.

I wish you all the best.

•••
So rules are rules,
but there is also a little thing called common sense.

If @omelet bid within the time frame,
then he and the seller should be alerted to correct the mistakes in their posts instead of reaching a sudden decision.

But that's just what I think. This thread would probably be closed in a bit anyway...

You're not alone, I completely agree with you. Common sense should be given preference over rules.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back