IT.COM

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks better. Some of the small text (red and blue) especially blue is dificult to read because of the dark background. Perhaps if you changed to a light blue and a lighter red, it would be easier on the eyes. The yellows are fine. The 3rd picture from the top looks off center. Keep up the good work

Thanks for the review and advice GILSAN. I made some changes on it.

Another one up and running. :blink:

Hybridcoup.com

•••
Woke up this morning to see my new site (only 3-4 weeks old) enjoy page 1, position 1 exposure: PCOS Symptoms

Would love to hear your opinons... hopefully, today it'll generate a little revenue through the sponsored advertisers...

•••
i remember looking at that earlier
nice and clean
it should get some looks
how much would you be happy to take in every month from that site ?

•••
Woke up this morning to see my new site (only 3-4 weeks old) enjoy page 1, position 1 exposure: PCOS Symptoms

Would love to hear your opinons... hopefully, today it'll generate a little revenue through the sponsored advertisers...
Looks very nice and clean. :tu: Keep up the good work.

•••
I just finished redesigning and upgrading RecyclePlanet.org

Upgraded the template and seo functions throughout the site.

Looking for thoughts, opinions, or any suggestions...?

Thanks,
M.

•••
smileypiercing.com

Just put live; nice term, 'smiley piercing' gets almost 10K exact monthly searches

•••
I just finished redesigning and upgrading RecyclePlanet.org

Upgraded the template and seo functions throughout the site.

Looking for thoughts, opinions, or any suggestions...?

Thanks,
M.

Looks good. Did you design it or BonkMedia?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

smileypiercing.com

Just put live; nice term, 'smiley piercing' gets almost 10K exact monthly searches

Not bad for a mini-site. Looks like it would be popular with the gothic crowd. Has a "sinister" look about it. lol

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

The DNS forward is taking for ever to resolve. I removed it from sedo. One of the reasons I like my hosting better. I will probably transfer it to HOSTNHUB later. I posted the final destination. I like the video of the UAV strike.

uavbase.com

•••
Looks good. Did you design it or BonkMedia?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Thanks for the comments. I actually purchased the site which was an existing basic wordpress site. I then worked with Bonk Media on a redesign of the site. I highly recommend Shaun over at BonkMedia for development and graphics work. Professional and reasonably priced.

•••
Here's my first attempt with WordPress which I'm finding to be very excitting. Would appreciate your comments and sugestions

Cristiano Ronaldo – Portugal

:)

•••
Here's my first attempt with WordPress which I'm finding to be very excitting. Would appreciate your comments and sugestions

Cristiano Ronaldo – Portugal

:)

looks good
just a couple of things

be mindful of the length of the page...generally the front page should be 2 screens long
also what is
"Ads by Google View ads about:" @ the top & bottom of the page? no ads are displayed!

Cheers
Corey

•••
looks good
just a couple of things

be mindful of the length of the page...generally the front page should be 2 screens long
also what is
"Ads by Google View ads about:" @ the top & bottom of the page? no ads are displayed!

Cheers
Corey
Thanks for your advice Corey. Those "Ads by Google View ads about:" are part of the WP theme which I have to check out. I had never seen an ad block of this nature before. Probably best to remove them, don't you think?

•••
I tried the search add also. It would display no sites for me when I tried a type in search. Other than that it looks good to me.

My latest build. I added a link to a google gadget in this one.

NewPrefabHouses.com

newprefabhouses.com.jpg.opt302x200o0,0s302x200.jpg

•••
•••
•••
•••
^ kewl background *w

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
Roboticbug.com

The robotic bug in the video is incredible.
What Video?
(edited: the video appears now, but is rather OLD, I have seen it on dozens of sites already. Also it is not a video of the type of robotic bug your articles talk about.)
plus the site is a mish-mash of nice looking but poorly laid out modules often containing un-related content.
Your sites lack a coordinated structure. An example of a well laid site is linked to on the first line of my signature. That site only took 1 hour to produce and is much more presentable than most minisites in this entire thread.

Your use of Google Sites is not helping. Get some cheap REAL hosting, Learn to use and embrace modern CMS technology.
I have been following your progress and minisite postings since last year. You are one of the VERY FEW on NP whose minisites show promise.

Google search engine really does NOT like the irrelevant links to your other sites.
Regboss and prefabhouses links especially have little to do with Nanotechnology.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for you constructive criticism. I have not seen the video before and I bet there is many others that have not either. The links to my other sites are self promotion for myself. I'll wait and see how the robots deal with them. I'm developing these on my own and not using a pre-defined mini site program. The video is of a giant robotic bug. Robotic bug is the header of my website. The idea is to give people an insight into robotics. Some of google's own adds have nothing to do with robotics if you had noticed.

•••
•••
Your cigar site does look really nice. It puts a shiny face on a dirty disgusting habit that will give you cancer. I've been to a Cuban cigar factory and seen the workers making them in the sweat shop. In my book there is more than one way to skin a cat. I do not go around bashing other hosting providers while promoting my own. I think you are pretty high on your self. You make it sound like if people do not do it your way, then they are all bad. Sure my sites need improving. I'll be the first to admit it. I would never seek your advice though with your condescending tone. I like experimenting with google sites. They have some great integrated tools. Well I'm back off to watch the super bowl.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I did a quick seo (search engine optimization) at half time.

Your domain is 8 years old and scores 80% SEO

My domain is only a few months old and scores 92% SEO

Loos like i need to work on my design and you need to work on SEO.

cigar%20seo1.jpg.opt602x305o0,0s602x305.jpg

bug%20seo1.jpg.opt602x234o0,0s602x234.jpg

•••
Your cigar site does look really nice. It puts a shiny face on a dirty disgusting habit that will give you cancer. I've been to a Cuban cigar factory and seen the workers making them in the sweat shop. In my book there is more than one way to skin a cat. I do not go around bashing other hosting providers while promoting my own. I think you are pretty high on your self. You make it sound like if people do not do it your way, then they are all bad. Sure my sites need improving. I'll be the first to admit it. I would never seek your advice though with your condescending tone. I like experimenting with google sites. They have some great integrated tools. Well I'm back off to watch the super bowl.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I did a quick seo (search engine optimization) at half time.

Your domain is 8 years old and scores 80% SEO

My domain is only a few months old and scores 92% SEO

Loos like i need to work on my design and you need to work on SEO.

cigar%20seo1.jpg.opt602x305o0,0s602x305.jpg

bug%20seo1.jpg.opt602x234o0,0s602x234.jpg
1/ I did not Bash Your hosting , just your method of using google sites. Still your choice.
2/ Yes with over 500 minisites to date , I think I do know a little about creating them.
3/ The domain is about a Filthy habit and yes cubans do work in sweat shops. I however do not smoke, but realise some people do and that they could make some money for the site.
4/ THE DOMAIN is one a partner of mine owns and has had it parked / other minisite solutions up to yesterday.
5/ Yes the site was only transferred to my control less than 24 hours ago.
6/ The Minisite took only 1.5 hours to design,install and complete. Yet again proving I may be "The MiniSite King" . Yes a very egotistical statement, but could be right.
7/ As I have had control less than 24 hours , any SEO changes will still be weeks/months away. I do actually have lots of sites with 90% SEO Score.
FYI Namepros.com only scores 86% and google.com scores 77% so maybe Google needs to work on their SEO
8/ As I said before, I actually think you are one of the better minisite developers on this forum. So saying I was saying bad things abut your site and creation is moot.

Last edited:
•••
I've changed the look of my funny cats tube site.
I still need to change google ads sizes and positions.

•••
I've changed the look of my funny cats tube site.
I still need to change google ads sizes and positions.

Looks good to me. Are those your cats? I believe if you use your own videos on you tube you can add advertising to them also.

•••
Looks good to me. Are those your cats? I believe if you use your own videos on you tube you can add advertising to them also.

Nope not our cats. The plan is to watermark any videos submitted to us and then release them to youtube etc to get the name out there. Only had one submitted so far.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back