NameSilo

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to posting on this forum, but have been reading for a long time. I'm from Australia.

Like a lot of you, I have decided to get away from traditional parking, and get some of my domains developed into mini-sites. Not being a technical person, I have out-sourced these to some local designers. I have listed a few of these here for your comments. I think they've done a great job!

Here are some of the sites done for me by DJuqa:

StradbrokeIsland.com.au (this is a teriffic combination mini-site using Joomla! and WPress).
CosmeticShop.com.au
LoanProblems.com.au

Some sites done for me by others (not sure if they are members here?)

Hot Models
Professional Models
BankruptcyInformation.com.au
InstantBooks.com.au

Cheers, Ned

•••
Hello Ned. They look good to me. Hope they work out for you. Mike

•••
xman, huge improvement, looking very nice, i was about to ask where the photo was that i liked so much but i like the header montage better, did you do that ?
The header actually belongs to the other template and I was trying to put it to this theme but it takes more time using the other than using the one now. If have use with the other template let me know.

xman,

Looking really nice. Colors are bold and catch the eye and the content looks great as well. I unfortunately didn't see it prior to the redesign so it is hard to comment on improvements. That said, looks like you have a top notch site. My only suggestion would maybe be toning down the green bars on the left and right of the screen. On my monitor they can be slightly distracting. Just a suggestion.

Nice work!
Thaniks for the suggestion getMarkus I will keep that in mind once I start tweaking the site.

Very clean with shades of green and a splash of orange for the titles. A perfect combination for a vegetarian site. Well done. It will be really hard to beat that. Thats a nice looking WP theme you have there. Did you make it yourself?
:)
GILSAN I didn't make it myself it's a template. I'm actually thinking about creating my own but I would settle for available template for now.

Thanks for all the comments.

•••
Do you think my add on top of the page really takes away from the site? It does not bother me as its advertising but does it bug people looking at it? You can add posts and link what ever you like .
I see my calender is stuck. A bit more development needed. I bought the domain yesterday.

socialspat.com

•••
hey ,

thought i'd share my development too, i'm working on this site atm :

forextraderblog.info

regards

Jurrie

•••
Just started out, made corsetseller.com..
Needs a lot more content, any advice on the layout?

I also made timeinamsterdam.com, couldn't really find a good wordpress theme, but maybe this will do?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Just started out, made corsetseller.com..
Needs a lot more content, any advice on the layout?
i feel bad criticizing your english because i can't speak a word of dutch ..but you made a serious spelling error... you meant to say "waist" and you wrote "waste" other than that i think it looks really nice, where did you get that great illustration ?

My latest Humble effort
Floral Creations
nice colors and flowers, it will appeal right away to women, i agree on the text though, it need a little pop, or even a bigger font or bolded, i found it a little hard to read

my revision of stovetop espresso (am using the dot net version now) Stovetopespresso.net not done though need to fill out the product page and tweak it up ... designed it for the ipad 1024 x 768, then tweaked it to 1000x800, probably too small but i like the colors better

Last edited:
•••
Domain purchased yesterday, web site up today. This site is filled with useful content. There is no way you can absorb it all in a few minutes. Training videos and a lot more. Multiple linked pages.
Yes google helped me on this one. :tu:

voiceox.com

•••
Domain purchased yesterday, web site up today. This site is filled with useful content. There is no way you can absorb it all in a few minutes. Training videos and a lot more. Multiple linked pages.

voiceox.com

very nice use of google sites, i have been waiting for someone on namepros to make use of the FREE hosting that google provides

•••
Thanks for that. I had free hosting with the domain purchase anyway but in this case theirs worked very nicely. Very smooth applications they have. I just did a point forward without masking so the bots can see the site. I tried it with masking first and the bots could not see it. Now they can. Its limited hosting but I'm going to use them for some more domains I have.

I did one before voiceox and saved it as a template. Just to give my domain registry and some domains more exposure. :laugh: I'll link all the domains later.

HOSTNHUB

Last edited:
•••
Thanks!

i feel bad criticizing your english because i can't speak a word of dutch ..but you made a serious spelling error... you meant to say "waist" and you wrote "waste" other than that i think it looks really nice, where did you get that great illustration ?\

Thanks for that! Illustration was already in a wordpress theme, just search for fashion..

•••
Just finished one today, content is mostly unique. Do you think that it needs more images, considering the subject?

401(k) Limits

•••
Looks pretty good. Maybe some more banking links? Just a suggestion.

•••
Thanks, added two more links.

•••
qubitdata.com

I used google for this one also. A redirect on the domain to theirs. No masking because the search robots can not see the domain with masking on. Google does not allow a direct link with changing the C record. You can only have a sub domain redirect if you change the C record.

For example it would be www.yourname.example(dot)com instead of www.yournameexample(dot) com if you use a new C record. The forward I'm using is a DNS forward.

•••
qubitdata.com

I used google for this one also. A redirect on the domain to theirs. No masking because the search robots can not see the domain with masking on. Google does not allow a direct link with changing the C record. You can only have a sub domain redirect if you change the C record.

For example it would be www.yourname.example(dot)com instead of www.yournameexample(dot) com if you use a new C record. The forward I'm using is a DNS forward.
Looks nice, though the text is a wee bit too large or too bold. Having said that I'm a fan of large text.
The Title of the article "A Quantum computer could be a billion times faster than a pentium lll computer." shows the second line (faster than a pentium lll computer.) overlaping the first line (A Quantum computer could be a billion times)
I'm using IE7.

•••
Fishing Spoons - fresh minisite that was developed just a couple of hours ago. Any oppinions on what to change, add, ...?

•••
Looks nice, though the text is a wee bit too large or too bold. Having said that I'm a fan of large text.
The Title of the article "A Quantum computer could be a billion times faster than a pentium lll computer." shows the second line (faster than a pentium lll computer.) overlaping the first line (A Quantum computer could be a billion times)
I'm using IE7.

Thank you for your feedback. I took the bold off most of the text and changed the size. It appeared fine at my end but hopefully it shows correctly on yours now also.

Regards

•••
•••

voiceox.com

Nice work!

:lala:

•••
Thanks. Its a good day. Cheque came in for one of my new adult sites. It was only 3 days old.
$75 bucks. Its not going to buy me my yacht but not bad affiliate revenue for a 3 day old reg. Its the one I listed for sale in the adult section. Even posted the cheque pic at DP for proof.

•••
Thank you for your feedback. I took the bold off most of the text and changed the size. It appeared fine at my end but hopefully it shows correctly on yours now also.

Regards

Looks better. Some of the small text (red and blue) especially blue is dificult to read because of the dark background. Perhaps if you changed to a light blue and a lighter red, it would be easier on the eyes. The yellows are fine. The 3rd picture from the top looks off center. Keep up the good work

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back