Dynadot

Why are all domainers so Damn scared?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've seen so many threads started over the last couple of months asking: Who is the best parking service? The correct answer seems to be, no one parking service. Certain parking services pay more than others for certain categories/subjects.

So, Why are all domainers so Damn scared to post what each parking program pays per category? I see nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Some have told me that it would hurt the industry, How? Since the industry is based on domainers, domainers should know who pays what.

I think it's time for second guessing to stop on who pays what for what. There should be set standards , a pay scale of some sort.

The wondering only hurts the domain owner. Reveron T may get $2.70 per click while Reveron b Gets only .06 is wrong.

If we could get that straight then we can work on a system to stop the click shaving. Click shaving is when you get for example 100 visitors and 150 clicks but the parking company only shows 100 visitors and 101 clicks.

Dave Crutcher

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you think about it, It doesn't make much sense, If a person is using two parking services, both use google syndication, and the person is using the same keyword, then why does one pay higher than the other? the only thing i can figure out, It is luck of the draw of the advertisers you get, while you might get advertisers paying $1.25 a click at one, and 0.25 at the other, for the same keyword, I understand the share percentage from each company, but not such a big gap in the ppc, one pays 0.70 , the other 0.03 , makes no logical sense to me.

•••
.X. said:
If you think about it, It doesn't make much sense, If a person is using two parking services, both use google syndication, and the person is using the same keyword, then why does one pay higher than the other? the only thing i can figure out, It is luck of the draw of the advertisers you get, while you might get advertisers paying $1.25 a click at one, and 0.25 at the other, for the same keyword, I understand the share percentage from each company, but not such a big gap in the ppc, one pays 0.70 , the other 0.03 , makes no logical sense to me.
This is what concerns me.

There is no oversight with parking providers. None whatsoever.

•••
Totally depends on how much the parking company wants to keep for itself. Thats where the discrepancies start showing.

•••
Varon said:
Totally depends on how much the parking company wants to keep for itself. Thats where the discrepancies start showing.

So why are domainers so damn scared to post RPC for each category of each parking provider? Then we have revenue facts to work with!

Almost 2008, Time for the domainer to stand up and show some muscle.

If domainers don't care, Who does?

Last edited:
•••
You mean RPC by a broad category like "stocks and investments" or sub categories like keywords? There are wide CPC variations in every category including the word mesothelioma. I don't mind sharing my CPC for different keywords, but I'm sure noone else will and I don't know why. Many people are under the impression that if they disclose it, others would jump the bandwagon and as a result they might see their CPC for that keyword decline. I mean its a line of thinking that has no base.

In my earlier days on namepros I asked a member here for his keyword and he never replied. I mean, its not a big secret... :) and you actually lose nothing. In fact, I was thinking of starting a thread posting my various keywords and CPC and encouraging others to post their CPC's from different parking companies. This will lead to better transparency and I'm sure we can easily pinpoint the bad boys paying less.

As a result domain parking companies paying lower will start rethinking their low CPC payout strategies once its out in the open. If you guys support me, we can start a massive thread on keyword payouts. But, I can only start it if I have members agreeing to post their keyword CPC. No point in just me posting my keywords and others not coming forward. This will be good for all of us and will help us improve the much lacking transparency in payouts.

Anyone for this? :)

Last edited:
•••
Varon said:
In my earlier days on namepros I asked a member here for his keyword and he never replied. I mean, its not a big secret... :) and you actually lose nothing. In fact, I was thinking of starting a thread posting my various keywords and CPC and encouraging others to post their CPC's from different parking companies. This will lead to better transparency and I'm sure we can easily pinpoint the bad boys paying less.

Anyone for this? :)

Yup I've been there. Almost everyone I asked about keywords would not reply even by PM. But, hey I'm learning how to tweak my Domains and slowing getting to the right track.

•••
income in your pocket depends on...

how much revenue share is passed down from the ad provider google, yahoo etc... to the domain parking company and how much of that revenue the parking company is sharing with you.

how much does each parking company get?

they won't share this information as then you will have other parking companies complain that they should get the same share that the other companies get.

how much do the parking companies share of their percentage with you?

a lot of companies will state this amount but it's pretty much useless information without knowing what their share is from google, yahoo, ask, etc...

so really percentages and shares are useless unless both figures are open to the public, reason quite a few of us state there is no best parking company but only a best company for each of your domains and recommend testing your whole portfolio at each company for 1 month and then splitting them to where each individual domain does the best for maximum revenue.

I also see some domainers not willing to share their results as they have tested their whole portfolio across all the platforms and feel they took the time to figure it out for themselves so why give the information away for free, let the new guy figure out where his own domains do the best.

another aspect on earnings is traffic filters, ever see a domain get 1000 views a month at company A and only 100 views at company B?

some companies traffic filters are stronger than others and filter out some traffic that would possibly be legit at another company, this would happen mainly with certain countries being filtered out.

then you could throw in "shaving"

maybe a domain gets 100 clicks a month and company A credits you for 100 and maybe company B credits you for 90 of those, how would you know?

so yes I agree that there is no transparency and your income is at the hands of the feed provider & parking company.

a gallon of gas goes over $3 and everyone wishes to boycott the gas station for 1 day, imagine if every domainer pointed all of their domains to their own site or straight to cj.com affiliate links and boycotted ppc parking companies for 1 month, maybe then some transparency would come to light.

•••
time for a domain parking co-op with complete transparency .. . :)

•••
Yeah hitchhiker... I think -X- is working in that direction. :)

That was a great explanation there spare domains. That sums up the entire domain parking scenario. We really need to get united in some form to have some leveraging power against parking companies.

•••
Varon said:
That was a great explanation there spare domains. That sums up the entire domain parking scenario. We really need to get united in some form to have some leveraging power against parking companies.

I'm not saying that all parking companies are scum, just wanted to throw some possible scenarios out there on why you could see different results from different providers, I personally have seen .02 clicks at company A turn into $1.00+ clicks at company B on quite a few occasions and without transparency in the parking industry the only way to judge earnings is by testing them and giving them to the company where they perform the best.

•••
Is it allowed in the TOS between us and the domain parking companies to disclose to the public regarding the details of CPC you get for which categories?

Here's my understanding how the domain parking industry works and why the low CPC.

1. In normal advertising, ie television or newspaper, the broadcasters or publishers usually deals direct with the advertisers. Sometimes the advertisers will use an agent to deal with advertising. So, all or almost all of what the advertisers pay will goto the broadcasters or publishers.

Advertiser > Broadcaster / Publisher
Advertiser > Agent > Broadcaster / Publisher

2. In Google Adsense, Google is the middleman. Google takes a cut of the advertisement revenue before paying the publishers.

Advertiser > Google > Publisher.

3. In domain parking, Google and the domain parking company are the middlemen.

Advertiser > Google > Domain parking company > Domainer

With so many middlemen, it's not a surpise to get $0.03 a click? (Though I've also heard Adsense publishers getting $0.01 a click.)

Perhaps the only way to do away with all the middlemen is to go "open source".

•••
<rant>
A lot of it boils down to nunya... thats just the way some people think.

If I ask you how much you make an hour at your day job,
thats just rude. And nunmybiz

DNP:
Your sig says "Teach me what you know".
And that's what you'll get in time, but you (like everyone else) have to serve apprenticeship before becoming a Journeyman.
We all have to pay our dues.

Nobody rides for free.

Nobody is scared, it just they have EARNED through hard work and dedication, and most here are more than willing to help those that would help themselves and others.

In a community it's all about give and take, give being the first/operative word. So instead of all these threads "why dont you give me", people should concentrate on what they personally can add to the community.

This is not an attack on anyone, it is a general statement.

People wonder why senior members dont answer threads that have questions that can be answered yourselves with a page 1 google search or simply searching the forum.

We see these constantly from the same members and think, this person doesnt want to learn, isnt willing to do their own footwork, they just want everything handed to them.

Well you know what folks, this is the County Fair, not welfare.
3 balls fo a dolla.. step right up sonny, everyone's a winna.

</rant>

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
Hey Dave -

Very good point.

I think it may be the fear that we may barely have an advantage over our competition. Therefore, every little bit of information is kept private in order to keep whatever "edge" we think we have.

I think you'll find, on this and other forums, that the guys who are a bit more transparent about their wins and loses are the ones who get respect.

- Eder

•••
Varon said:
Yeah hitchhiker... I think -X- is working in that direction. :)

Indeed i am ..Varon ;)

hitchhiker said:
time for a domain parking co-op with complete transparency .. . :)

Hang Tight.....It may be a while, But i am working on it right now :)

Last edited:
•••
By posting what you make via this category or that keyword - You are actually telling the Click fraud idiots what to use , And then the keywords/categories usually start sucking ..... Why shoot yourself in the foot ?

Not to mention all of the legit Competition you create for yourself.

•••
Mark said:
By posting what you make via this category or that keyword - You are actually telling the Click fraud idiots what to use , And then the keywords/categories usually start sucking ..... Why shoot yourself in the foot ?

Not to mention all of the legit Competition you create for yourself.

Good Point, Mark

It is not a written law in domaining, But most domainers just do not share information, I think every domainer works hard to establish methods that work best for them, So "spilling the info" so to speak, Is just a not a common thing in the industry.

It would create a lot of competitors, If people shared information, It just can not be done from a business stand point.

•••
I don't mean to sound rude here but many of us have worked very hard to try at monetizing our domains. Unfortunately the way the system works, by publicly sharing specifics like this we are jeopordizing our own income. What is the incentive in doing this when part of the reason earnings are sliding down is because of fraud? Why make it even easier? Another part of this is that there are more and more people getting involved in the domain industry. This is making things tougher and driving acquisition costs up. I have some domains that are getting amazing EPCs on very obscure keywords. The last thing I'd want is others to know about this and driving my earnings down. Heck, keywords I use made 1-3$ on 2 years ago, I'm lucky to get 0.10 today.

The best thing to do in this industry is to make FRIENDS and form ASSOCIATIONS. It is impossible to know everything about the industry from your own experiences and from public message boards.

If you're stumbling with a specific domain's monetization and you have no one friends in the business to turn to or that can answer, I'm sure if you post asking for guidance in a genuine manner, you might get some relevant advice.

You can also help yourself by learning about tools that you can access for free or for a fee to do your own research.

Remember domaining is a big money business. No one is going to cut their own throat when they figure out what works. The good part is that there are a lot more people WILLING to share information on a one on one level than there are in most kinds of businesses.

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
<rant>
A lot of it boils down to nunya... thats just the way some people think.
</rant>

Well it looks like to me this thread has some thinking the same as me while others disagree (Great) My remark to you on nunya is just ismy... That's put simply enough. And I don't give a hoot what you make at your day job, I really don't care.

I'm not asking for high paying keywords, that info is everywhere, if anything would flood the industry, Why hasn't it? Posted and advertised everywhere.

Everyone knows the handfull of categories that pay higher than the rest. AINT the point here!

If 1million people currently have music names parked and someone says hey everybody DAVE's paying $2.00 more than the rest, Everyone goes to DAVE, How did it flood the market? Domainers get paid more and DAVE has publishers standing in line to get some of the traffic which in turn WILL be leverage to raise the advertisers cost so us domainers along with the Parking Company get more per click revenue. Everybody wins :hehe: except the low paying Parking CO.

Who was it on the recent video that said it's not the .20 cents per click today he wants but tomorrows $20 dollar clicks he's looking forward too (Hint...DnJournal Front page article)

I think some people are going to have to come out of their shells and start thinking of these kinds of changes that will help us all. ((Except low paying parking programs.

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
Everyone knows the handfull of categories that pay higher than the rest. AINT the point here! If 1million people currently have music names parked and someone says hey everybody DAVE's paying $2.00 more than the rest, Everyone goes to DAVE, How did it flood the market? Domainers get paid more and DAVE has publishers standing in line to get a piece of the traffic which in turn could be leverage to raise the advertisers cost so us domainers got even more per click revenue.

You are missing the point on what is being said. The issue is if everyone DOES flock to Dave's parking, then the amount that the people already there get will GO DOWN. The reason is two-fold. Part 1: economics 101 - Pricing is based on supply and demand. The reason pricing is high on certain keywords is because of a limited supply of impressions/clicks that can get delivered. You increase the supply and what happens? The pricing goes down for everyone. Part 2: there will be people that try to manipulate in various ways to take advantage of those higher paying keywords. The result is that it drives down the amount that people with legitimate traffic get paid.

DnPresident said:
Who was it on the recent video that said it's not the .20 cents per click today he wants but tomorrows $20 dollar clicks he's looking forward too (Hint...DnJournal Front page article)

Right and those of us that have found high EPC keywords want to protect that revenue. Do you think he will willingly share what his epc is on different keywords?

DnPresident said:
I think some people are going to have to come out of their shells and start thinking of these kinds of changes that will help us all. ((Except low paying parking programs.

Why? I have yet to see one good reason for making this kind of information public.

•••
SharonTucci said:
You are missing the point on what is being said. The issue is if everyone DOES flock to Dave's parking, then the amount that the people already there get will GO DOWN. The reason is two-fold. Part 1: economics 101 - Pricing is based on supply and demand. The reason pricing is high on certain keywords is because of a limited supply of impressions/clicks that can get delivered.

The supply and demand doesn't change. 1million music domainers is still 1million music domainers. The money is getting paid any way, this just makes sure those parking companies only paying .07 on every 1.00 lose out.

Your missing the point, ....example: Google and Yahoo pay $2.00 per click for all categories, Parking companies 1-9 only pay the domainer .11 cents per click but company 10 pays $1.75 per click so all go to company 10 for all revenue. The supply and demand numbers did not change, The change was that all low paying parking programs got what was coming and company 10 is making a killing from every angle.

Granted the Parking Company will have to be developed correctly to handle such tasks.

If I'm missing something please tell me where I'm wrong.

Last edited:
•••
You really think someone would divulge their secrets, including high paying keywords? You joking right? Give me $10,000 and I will do it.

•••
Sam said:
You really think someone would divulge their secrets, including high paying keywords? You joking right? Give me $10,000 and I will do it.

HAHAHA, When did I ever ask for high paying keywords? Not sure where you 2-3 people are seeing that this is what I want. :alien:

Give me $1,500 and I'll share some with you.

•••
This is starting to remind me of a thread from a few years back.
http://www.namepros.com/493760-post1.html

I will repost my thoughts then as they seem to apply here as well.
The topic is different, then it was regfee appraisals to up post counts... but the message is the same, do the work, LISTEN and learn.

Listening is the great educator, and it is very hard to listen while speaking.

PoorDoggie said:
maybe you are right, but it is in no way just the younger memebrs. Also, I think people learn by example, so if someone posts "reg fee" then other [less knowledeable] members may (and will) post the same, to get some .
Please explain how one might gain experience by posting on a subject about which they NO CLUE?
Unless, by experience,you mean post count, which really means nothing, and will not earn one drop of respect from any other member in this forum.

The "learning by example" theory only works when the example is worth learning. If someone wants to learn how to get to 1000 posts in the shortest time with-out making a fool of themselves, there are many groups and such at Yahoo, MSN, AOL where such activity is acceptable and would applaud such lofty goals.

However, if someone new to this business, cared enough to respect the fact this business is serious to others and not just some "trade domains for $2NP" *giggle* "you up my TR and I'll up yours" *giggle giggle* "wait a sec, brb, let me see if I can borrow $3.00 from my mommy until allowance" 9th grade classroom GAME , then try drinking a big cup of S-T-F-U and maybe they might find some "examples" from which to learn. And so could everyone else.

This forum has a Tradition of top-quality, unselfish members willing to help US learn and understand the subtle in's and out's that are the difference between a "collector" and a "Domainer". The equivalence of a Harvard or Oxford education, taught by the best in the world, and all you have to do is pay attention, listen, ask, listen some more, thank people for their time, listen some more, help contribute when and where possible, listen some more, and when you think you really might know something and want to comment in a senior members thread or help to appraise a two letter .org for someone... Drink another big cup of S-T-F-U and listen some more, and thank someone!

Kid5150
Kid5150 = Cyberian

•••
I think a lot of people on here are confusing the original idea of this thread, which I beleive was which parking company pays the most for which types of domains, into which keywords pay the most for those domains.
I will add a link, which I beleive is a start in the transparency direction, people on here are talking about.
www.parkfight.com - This is similar to what you guys are looking for, right?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back